1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

About the Parkour diamonds

Discussion in 'Denied' started by Vexmae, Nov 19, 2017.

1. Vexmae

Vexmae Royal-Tea Staff Member Mod Media

As we all should know by now, completing a parkour with the new Plugin gives us a diamond, having a recent chat with staff I've found out the diamonds have no use apart from 'fanciness' (?) so my suggestion is to add a little more appreciation to the diamonds by making them unlock something, this would help make parkour a little less boring if you've completed them a bazillion times, what I was thinking of is that it would give you access to some player made parkour maps possibly?

I was thinking, alongside with the player maps, there could be a creative like Warp, at which there are three options of sizes, a chunk, and blah blah, you can unlock these plots with diamonds, to which you can build your own little map (I'm not sure how it'll all work I'm letting my mind spill) you can then set your parkour map to open and people can play it, after completing a player made parkour you win an emerald (1 emerald per course beaten, dependent on plot size bought) and with those emeralds you can save up and trade them for meebles, and like parkour you get 5d before you win another emerald.

But hey idk what'll be fun.

iKitten likes this.
  2. riri30

riri30 Retired veteran

I’m not sure I want to log on and see what some players have created on their plots...
    This idea is a good, but another one I think would be more Meep-friendly is to just make levels, meaning that there are several maps, and the more diamonds you have, the more maps, new maps perhaps, you can play on. This idea isn’t entirely mine, I can’t remember where I’ve heard of this but I think this would be a better alternative to making use of these fancy diamonds.

3. LordInateur

LordInateur Deus Ex Machina Staff Member Administrator

Yeah the diamonds are a config bug (the fix hasn't really been top-priority since the parkour inventory isn't cross-server). Although, the notion is an interesting one for sure.

4. FamousZAmos

FamousZAmos Popular Meeper

maybe make one map that's extraordinarily difficult and you need all 7 other diamonds to "unlock" that course? Have someone who knows parkour stuff make it so it can be really really hard but still fun and have a variety of good jumps. Maybe even have the current top players like creepers playtest the map to make sure it's good. This system makes a lot of hype for players to unlock the course, there would actually be a reason to beat chillroom and countryside, plus harder is *always* better.
    *inconsistent and harder are different*

SuperDyl, creepersareokay and Vexmae like this.
  5. LordInateur

alex77034 likes this.
  6. EllieEllie

EllieEllie Staff Member Leadership

I'd support unlocking a map with diamonds, that's a great idea :) they're pretty useless at the moment so this would be nice.

SuperDyl, alex77034 and iKitten like this.
  7. Midnight_Galaxy

Midnight_Galaxy ✧゚・:*Forever Reading *:・゚✧

i like the idea of using them for something, i definitely think it will be something for the parkour team to think about.

8. FamousZAmos

As a top GD player, it's kinda my job to point out people would rather unlock courses with their total (if you have 5+ diamonds you can play Stronghold, if you have 8+ diamonds you can play Hushed Halls or whatever) than "spend" them. It's more fun to show off your 8 diamonds than your 2 unlocked courses. As long as the courses were fun I'd love this, an ultimate challenge to show who's the best. maybe a community contest to see who could design the greatest course to be added? :D (and maybe stronghold since it's a blast to play)

Hyori and SuperDyl like this.
  9. alex77034

alex77034 Hey baby, I hear the blues a-callin'

Like mentioned, I think it’d be really cool if having diamonds could unlock additional maps/prizes. Maybe around the parkour spawn there could be treasure chests that say “Requires 3 diamonds to open” or something along those lines. Opening the treasure chests could open small bonus maps or prizes such as
    • Additional Meebles
    • Buffs
    • Cosmetic Prizes
    I think this is a really good idea and would especially make meep’s parkour truly out of the ordinary.

Those are just some of my ideas and I’m excited to read others. ;)

10. alex77034

Maybe a leaderboard with the players with the most diamonds would be cool. Like, even if you would spend them it would still show how many you had/have.

11. FamousZAmos

but it's more work to do "spending" and just generally a worse way to go about it (explained below) (also since there's 7 courses, the leaderboard toppers would all have 7 so sorry but that won't really work out) but what do I know?

as far as cosmetics/buffs/additional meebles, these would be cool! a unique idea that makes me think of is this:
    you beat all the current courses, get 7 diamonds, unlock stronghold and whatever other course gets added, beat stronghold and get 8, then beat the new insanely hard course (worth 2 diamonds?) and maybe get a gold helmet to wear in parkour world (like a crown because you have 10 diamonds maybe) this is just an example, but this way you don't feel like you're wasting money on cosmetics instead of courses, you just naturally get goodies as you beat courses. Maybe if you got 1 diamond you'd get leather boots? this is an example, but I truly do think this is the best way to go about it. @creepersareokay what's your opinion on this as the #1 parkour player right now?

Last edited: Dec 11, 2017
    Hyori likes this.
  12. creepersareokay

creepersareokay Celebrity Meeper

Of course, the idea of using the diamonds (or really anything earned from completing courses) to unlock something is great, but I don't really agree with having to unlock player-made courses. Ideally, I'd support the idea of a completely open "Parkour Creative" with no restrictions of any kind, and perhaps some "approved maps" designated to their own area of the player-made world after being confirmed by staff (to avoid any too short/low quality maps giving a reward). Maybe some of these maps which receive praise from the playerbase or whose quality matches the standards of maps in the normal world could be added to the parkour hub world, with a real meeble prize, checkpoint system, etc.
    bring back planet parkour
    However, in reality, I can't see anything above being added due to lack of interest and the amount of effort that would need to be put in to a "low priority" area of the server by the staff and techs.

A better, and more realistic idea, in my opinion, is Zamos' first suggestion,
    This could reward effort and encourage players to go through all the maps, with the big challenging course acting as a sort of "boss", giving a sense of accomplishment and completion. Obviously, it'd have a pretty big prize for increased incentive, but honestly, it'd just be really cool to see a portal labeled with, "You must obtain X diamonds in order to advance!" or something along those lines, it almost invokes a sense mystery or wonder. However, I would prefer having the diamonds spent rather than a certain number unlocking the map permanently (no, Zamos, you don't max out at 7 diamonds, you get one every time the timer refreshes and you get the prize). I think after paying 7 (or however many) diamonds, the map should be available to the player either on a timer or until that player dies a certain amount of times. After this, the map is locked again until the player reaches the specified amount of diamonds.
    (I use)( ((parentheses( too) m(uch()))
    Spending the diamonds instead of keeping them also leaves room to incorporate Alex's suggestion,
    I do disagree with "buffs" though, since people who had been playing for a longer time would accumulate more diamonds and they shouldn't be given an easier time because of that.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2017
    SuperDyl likes this.
  13. alex77034

Yeah, agreed now.

14. EllieEllie

Get this person on the parkour team

SuperDyl and riri30 like this.
  15. FamousZAmos

D:

Hyori likes this.
  16. EllieEllie

<3

17. LordInateur

Thank you for making this suggestion :) we will be accepting it to a degree. Meaning, we will be doing something with the diamonds, and it may go along your line of thinking, but we aren't quite sure of the entire game plan just yet.

riri30 and Midnight_Galaxy like this.