1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Abortion

Discussion in 'Debates' started by Deinen, Apr 10, 2017.

1. Deinen

Deinen S'all Good Man

Simple question: Is Abortion the act of killing a child, or no?

My position: In modern developed nations, abortion isn't necessarily killing a child, yet it is preventing what would become an independent human being from coming into existence. Although I think abortion should be legal because we, and almost all species, have been offing their young for thousands of years thus it must have some purpose.

cooey, iKitten, Garde7 and 8 others like this.
  2. Mjs6000

Mjs6000 Popular Meeper

It is a difficult question but i believe it is about when it occurs and under what circumstances. Tbh it's quite close to home for me but i think if child is perfectly normal then abortion has no place in civilised places where there is appropriate protection to prevent pregnancies in the first place. But if the child or whatever you wanna call it, has abnormalities then it should be the parents choice over whether they are willing and able to help and provide for the child.

Adrian, Pmx728 and Deinen like this.
  3. Vexmae

Vexmae Royal-Tea Staff Member Mod Media

In my honest opinion I feel that any sort of abortion killing the 'baby' in it's growing stages shouldn't be allowed, if you was on birth control that's fine because it stops the two cells actually conjoining, but yes, I think it if has a chance of causing the mother or the child will be stillborn, or it gives some mental negative effect on the mother then yes it should be taken into consideration, but if it was just the chance that you didn't use birth control and the baby will be healthy then I honestly feel that any sort of harm to it or killing it just because you don't want it is literally just the act of killing for the pleasure to live a life without them longer. I feel that as soon as the two cells meet that any removal or damage dealt to them that could severely damage them is indeed killing the child, I must say I blabbed on a tad then, but I am spreading my opinion of Abortion as a general debate.

4. Kling

Kling Break blocks not hearts

I believe abortion is not the act of killing a child.
    Thought quite a bit about this one since I have never really been asked the question but from my point of view am in support of abortion. It would be much better discarding it at 7 to 12 weeks of pregnancy than abandoning the child when born like an animal would, to which some people actually do.

iPolarFlame, iKitten, Liz and 7 others like this.
  5. 2leah2

2leah2 Celebrity Meeper

go abortion go!

6. Deinen

Deinen S'all Good Man

Sure, it's not killing a child. But you would agree it's preventing what would be a fully formed, live, and independent human being from coming into existence, right?

God forbid, your parents aborted you - Would there ever be another "Kling" in existence on this world? How do we account for the "uniqueness" of Kling being forever prevented/destroyed?

metr0n0me, Liz and Kling like this.
  7. Liz

Liz Celebrity Meeper

I believe it's the mother's choice if they want to bring this human into their life or not.

8. Deinen

Deinen S'all Good Man

What about the father, who surely has an active role raising the child, does he not deserve a say?

Ranger0203 and Liz like this.
  9. Liz

Liz Celebrity Meeper

Yeah you're right. I worded that wrong. Both parents have a part

10. Deinen

Deinen S'all Good Man

Well, to be fair, there are a lot of people who do believe father's don't have that right. Thank you for sharing your opinion.

Ranger0203 likes this.
  11. Dockson

Dockson Celebrity Meeper

The topic of abortion pops up every now and then and is wildy discussed almost everywhere.

One thing is for sure, people are not of one mind about this matter - which, for me, clearly says
    that making abortion either legal or illegal in a region, state or even the whole word would be illogical.

Let everyone decide on their own after an appropriate consultation with a psychiatrist, doctor.

EDIT: Just to directly answer your question, yes, it is.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2017
  12. Blue_Marlin

Blue_Marlin Popular Meeper

Abortion, I do not think it is killing a baby until the baby has a heart beat. Once the child has a heart beat and you abort it then I (just me! this is my opinion!) do consider it to be baby killing. I know Hillary Clinton once said she was okay with "same day abortions" wether she still thinks that or not ill let that one rest. I do not think its the mothers choice if she wants to abort the child and it should not be used as a form of birth control. The only time im okay with an abortion is if its going to kill the mother of the child. If you dont want to have a baby either
    1.) Dont get pregnant (aka dont have sex)
    or
    2.) put the child up for adoption - many people that cant have kids would gladly take the child.
    Rape victim? - Adoption as well.
    I also believe that the government should not be paying for any abortions unless its going to kill the mother as well.
    I also believe adopting a child shouldn't be a expensive as it is (as many more children would get adopted if it were cheaper)
    Many aborted children could have been the brain we needed to cure cancer, ya never know.

Let me say if you have ever gotten an abortion I will not judge you for that and if you are pro-choice that is your opinion and ill respect that. :)

13. Courtneyyy

Courtneyyy Admin Princess Staff Member Helper Media Elder

I, myself would never get one or decide to get one without the opinion of my significant other but I think that as a woman you have rights to your body and you should be able to express those. Also, the father of the baby has just as much rights to that fetus as she does until the concern of if he wants her to have an abortion and she doesn't well then the answer is clear to kick him to the curb. If Susie says she wants one there shouldn't be anyone in the way of that to either A shame her or B arrest her. I HATE the argument that there is always adoption yeah sure but do you understand how many kids are given up each day that sit in foster care until they are 18? But think to yourself are you a woman who has been raped and forced to carry that child being reminded of it each day? Probably not, so you cannot judge someone until you step inside their shoes and go through it yourself because that's much like telling me how to raise my child without being a parent yourself. It's such a sensitive topic and everybody has their own different opinions but that's pretty much mine.

iKitten, cooey, Liz and 6 others like this.
  14. WeAreNumberUno

WeAreNumberUno Celebrity Meeper

Wait, Kling getting aborted is a loss to humanity? o_O

Last edited: Apr 10, 2017
    Toostenheimer and Blue_Marlin like this.
  15. Kling

Yeah it is preventing what would be a living independent human to which I agree and as some may find it cruel I accept it.

Loved that second lot mate great read!

Deinen, Pmx728 and Blue_Marlin like this.
  16. OneBreadSlice

OneBreadSlice Celebrity Meeper

If you don't want a kid, use protection or appropriate medication to prevent it. Pregnancy isn't a "Hey I changed my mind" sort of deal. Of course there are instances where the mother didn't intend on being pregnant so to me there's a lot of gray area on the issue.

17. Muunkee

Muunkee Legendary art supply hoarder

Making abortion illegal will not stop abortion.
    It will stop safe abortions.
    It will bring back shady clinics, shady doctors, shady methods at shady prices (either so super expensive or so super cheap) and it will bring back abortions with pain, high risk of infection to the mother, risk of failure but causing the baby problems so theyre born with problems, or going up to ending up with mummy dead which is even worse than a fetus dead. amoung other things.

If the mother cannot abort and cannot afford to keep thr baby you are sometimes automatically sending that child up for adoption. I think honestly that would be worse than the abortion itself - you want to quite possibly make a kid miserable and missing a family because they may not be adopted, and/or never know their real family because they were?

Pro birth, not pro life.

Abortions are good.
    --- Double Post Merged, Apr 10, 2017, Original Post Date: Apr 10, 2017 ---
    Accidents always happen - a missed few pills, a broken condom, or even if you used it perfectly this stuff is like 98 or 99% effective, which means regardless of what steps you take, sex between a man and a woman could always easily lead to not so perfect outcomes

iKitten, SuperDyl, cooey and 4 others like this.
  18. Blue_Marlin

If you are not ready to be a parent or cannot afford it/don't want one. The best birth control that is 100% accurate is not having sex. You play you pay simple as that.

19. Kling

If I'm a member do I get to play for free?

TimothyJH likes this.
  20. Blue_Marlin

lol sure with the premium membership card :p

TimothyJH and Kling like this.