1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

A Suggestion on Moving Forward

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by Liam, Jul 29, 2020.

?

Does a Town Hall sound good?

1. Yep!

2. No.

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Liam

Liam Fergalicious, baby

Hello!
    I wanted to address the current state of the server and how we can move forward from it.

Obviously, we, as in the players and staff, have dug ourselves into a giant hole that no one thinks we can get out of. Meepcraft has been holding on for a while now, and hope is almost entirely out the window. I'm not saying it's gone, I truly believe we still can bounce back again if we all come together.

So how, in the middle of the players fighting with staff, do you do this?

Well, it's obviously not easy, but, we can start a Town Hall discussion. I understand that this can be perceived as a very bad idea. But think about it this way. We mute everyone that's listening in the chat, and we gradually allow everyone, both staff and player, to speak their mind about what the issue is and what they want fixed and how they want it fixed. I can mediate this, but I would like to discuss with everyone until a solution is made.

Now, the most important thing to remember in these times is that everyone has made a mistake. There's no escaping that and I think acknowledging that and accepting our mistakes is how we move forward. I feel like both "sides" have unlawfully behaved towards the other in ways we don't want to see on the server.

Essentially, this town hall is to revise the foundation of our community. We all know that we can't survive on this server without other people, and that this community relies on each other.

If someone can suggest a date next week that would work for the majority of people to listen in on, please make a suggestion.

Thank you for taking your time to read this.

2. Katronica

Katronica Celebrity Meeper

I like the idea but I feel that town hall discussions is not entirely the best approach to resolving a solution. Yes, it does allow us to be together in a giant vc but, a lot of people aren't attracted to speak up. Take our last town hall meeting as an example, it was within regard of pvp being enabled in extreme. Although we made a conclusion, the only one's who were speaking is to those who have been vouching for pvp to return everywhere. No one has (except for Silver I guess) tried to defend or make a compromise/argument as to why pvp shouldn't be turned off. I feel that town hall meetings have good intentions but can't carry an effective conclusion especially if people are too afraid to voice their opinions (esp being in a vc with a large amount of people).

teddypines, Vexmae, riri30 and 5 others like this.
  3. Liam

Liam Fergalicious, baby

This is a good point! I'm thinking, if possible, I would want to hear from everyone, whether it's in the meeting or not. This is not necessarily the item that will grant our solution, but it's designed in hopes of making communication clearer and beginning a solution. For the meeting itself, I'd like to just write down a list of people that would volunteer to talk, both community and staff and alternate them as best as we can. People would voice their opinions, but not on top of each other. Meaning, you're not responding to others. It would be more organized, as everyone would get their own chance to speak individually.
    I totally understand that this isn't for everyone, and again, this won't be the only item towards rebuilding our community. Meaning, there will be other methods of voicing your opinion such as forums, anonymous surveys, and more.

4. Viperfan

Viperfan Celebrity Meeper Staff Member Game Designer

I believe this would be a good idea, to actually have a discussion where players could voice their opinion and help the staff team understand why nobody is happy with the current state of the server. They think everyone is just being toxic and a nuisance, but if the staff team actually expresses that they want to change what the players don't like then maybe the players would want to work together with the staff team instead of everything being a massive division. I'm tired of seeing a server I've played on for a good part of my life go down the well because of a staff team that doesn't want to change and I would rather work together with the staff to overall better the server than just be against.

5. cooey

cooey Legendary Meeper

I was open to it before cluelessklutz decided to lock a thread that he didn't like because he thought he provided an in depth enough answer when all he really said was that the chat was bad and also what was in global was bad. Thanks cluelessklutz owner of meepcraft minecraft server the #1 towny server in the world

6. Sekotslil

Sekotslil Popular Meeper

Personally, I have resigned all hope

7. Kling

Kling Break blocks not hearts

Town hall meetings will not solve the problem Meep has.
    Meepcraft will never at least have a consistent average playerbase of 40 because they’re asking the same questions repeatedly and consistently do the wrong things majority of the time. Don’t get me wrong there has been some good additions but for the most part I’ve seen inconsistencies when it comes to the server moving forward.

cooey, teddypines, Katronica and 3 others like this.
  8. builderjunkie012

builderjunkie012 Celebrity Meeper

Gamma 2.0

Adrian likes this.
  9. Blendyz

Blendyz Hipster for Life ♥

I'm not sure where you are going with this thread, clearly what Meep needs right now is a new half-assed variant of towny to keep the players happy.

Jokes aside, I think what Meepcraft really needs is a new foundation to work from. Perhaps even a clean slate with all new code. But definitely keep parkour, because that shit is good. Everything else is buggy as hell and isn't really that fun to play anymore. Towny/Wild isn't really enjoyable because it just feels like you're grinding jobs for hours on end to keep your town afloat which has no residents because of the more monopolistic towns. Boomo is dead. Skyblock is dead. Towny is bleeding out on the sidewalk after being stabbed 37 times and shot in the abdomen. Extreme is dead and was doomed from the start. If Meepcraft wants to rise back up to the surface and stay afloat, we as a community will really need to reconsider what we want. I'm not really sure what that will look like, but we need something that will keep people coming back to the server time after time. We will need is more transparency from the current staff team because the player-base and the staff seem to be on very different wavelengths. Bad things have happened to the server, and we all need to accept them and be willing to move on. Let us fix Meepcraft together.