1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

A New Way to keep Meepcraft Fresh!

Discussion in 'Denied' started by 7acespade, Nov 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 7acespade

7acespade Celebrity Meeper

Every two months, someone is elected by the people of Meepcraft to be an event coordinator. In order to be a contender, staff must agree that you are capable of doing your job, and you must be recognized by Staff for your maturity and work ethic. Once hired, Event Coordinators cannot be elected again for four more months. It will be an ex Event Coordinators job to teach the next coordinator how to do stuff.

This Event Coordinator's job is to go to the Event world and set up Weekly Events. These events would be different every week, and would take place on a predetermined time every Saturday. Event Coordinators get no additional perks, besides getting access to the Event World, placing/destroying blocks there, and maybe a title. Each event will have a 500,000 meeble prize, which will be provided by the server.

What would Event Coordinators accomplish?

- Would keep Meepcraft fresh with fun new minigames. These minigames will help increase server activity by a lot, which would in turn help with donations.
    - Would give people on Meepcraft a say about something, which will stop pointless rant threads about how they +1/-1 apps doesn't do anything.
    -Would add to community spirit!

Questions? Thoughts? Concerns?

2. cooey

cooey Legendary Meeper

3. n00bslayer_99

n00bslayer_99 i like kebab

+1, although the one thing I'd change would be that there would be 500k provided by the server each week, and then the Event Coordinator decides how the money is won. (e.g. 5 lots of 100k, 2 of 250k, etc)

4. marshallmafers

marshallmafers Celebrity Meeper

You're technically describing an Admin. Except the Admin would have full perms to the server.

5. Kachess

Kachess Celebrity Meeper

I like this idea a lot. Everyone loves events so why not have them more frequently? Great idea! +1

6. Muunkee

Muunkee Legendary art supply hoarder

+1 to the event coordinator, but I think it should be a bit of a team, with apps and such, so that way if say I'm the event coord and I get busy that week and can't get on, there's still no issue. Teams should be small and between 2-3 players.
    The prize is also a wee big for it being supplied by the server. 25-50K should be fine.

7acespade and marshallmafers like this.
  7. Klitch

Klitch

-1. I wouldn't be comfortable seeing someone given build perms in event to do what they want when even helpers, an application-required position, can't do that. Also, it would be a popularity contest.

marshallmafers likes this.
  8. HoF_Code

HoF_Code Popular Meeper

+1, I love playing people's amazing ideas and I like to try new things!

9. Llamazon

Llamazon Celebrity Meeper

thought this was about air freshener, or deodorant.
    +/- on this idea

10. 7acespade

7acespade Celebrity Meeper

It would be a popualrity contest. Your point? Thats how voting works.

Lilstokes likes this.
  11. Muunkee

you say this like most staff apps aren't a popularity contest.

12. XxNine_TailsxX

XxNine_TailsxX Legendary Meeper

So you mean architects?

ImNotBlonde and Muunkee like this.
  13. Lilstokes

Lilstokes Celebrity Meeper

What's the harm in trying it out? Whoever the coordinator is couldn't do any harm by just building.

It's a +1 for me.

14. PainCakexx1997

PainCakexx1997 Squirrel Power!

What is the diffrence between having this in event and your own town or creative? Like is it that the money would be spawned in? And sins none of these Event Cordinators would have access to making a plugin to make a event, would it not become to repetitive? Like i do not see why this should be something we should spend man power on if the system is kinda already there. And by that i mean that you can use towny to host these kinds of things or even creative.

boyishredstrike likes this.
  15. _Smarties910_

_Smarties910_ Popular Meeper

+/- What happens when the thing the event coordinator built something really foogling ugly? Or when the event isn't finished in time? The event coordinator should get to choose which Architect they want to build the building in which the event will take place, that way its not possibly going to be super ugly. The event coordinator should also have to give staff their skype so they can be reached when not on. Overall if some changes are made this would be a fun and great idea in increasing player numbers and keeping current ones at the same time :):)

16. Klitch

Klitch

People can be popular but incompetent when it comes to events.
    Staff still go through interview process and you have to be competent to be a staff member...
    Architects are good at what they do and are given perms based on competency as well, hence the application.

17. Muunkee

Let me tell you a story about monkeyhead1999.

Can this not be applied to an event coordinator?

Toostenheimer and XxNine_TailsxX like this.
  18. PainCakexx1997

PainCakexx1997 Squirrel Power!

Denied, the amount of work it would take to do something like this is not worth it sins you might as well have a event in your own town or in creative. We are also planing more and more events in the future :) Have a nice day :)

Klitch likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.