1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

A new ban appeal system?

Discussion in 'Denied' started by FamousZAmos, Aug 16, 2017.

?

Example: Do you think I should be unbanned?

1. Yes.

14.7%
  2. No.

85.3%
  1. FamousZAmos

FamousZAmos Popular Meeper

Ok, this is going to sound stupid, especially coming from me. I know I've proved to all that I'm not the best member of meep, but I'm tring to contribute even though I'm banned, so this:

I was thinking of how ban appeals take a long time to process sometimes, and I realised how many times members had "liked" ban appeals... what if ban appeals had a vote option? Obviously the staff would be the only ones who could accept/deny bans, but the forum members could vote to maybe influence the descision. Example: If on my appeal you see 5 deny votes and no accept votes, you barely need to read the request to know it's gonna be a denied. However, in a legitimate post, maybe with 7 accept votes and 2 deny votes, the staff would of course choose accept or deny based on the players actions, but if a staff member was wavering or the ban was based on toxicity/racism/luring or other player-on-player crimes, the staff would maybe see that the community was ready to forgive. I'm not saying this as a means to get unbanned, I just think it would be interesting. Lemme know what you guys think.

2. Deinen

Deinen S'all Good Man

3. NinjaRoxy

NinjaRoxy Guest

I honestly don't think this is a good idea, as sometimes players don't see what we see. -1

cooey, Marshy_88, riri30 and 3 others like this.
  4. xT3Kx

xT3Kx Retired AF Elder

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha. No.

5. KlutchDecals

KlutchDecals The Real Ironman Elder

Our LITERAL job is to prevent toxic players. Why on earth would I care what people like?
    I always use peoples comments and take them into consideration if people believe its been long enough, But I will NEVER add a popularity contest to ban appeals.

Courtneyyy, jadenPete, Klitch and 9 others like this.
  6. Muunkee

Muunkee Legendary art supply hoarder

While this would be funny, this would be a horrible way to determine who comes back. YOu know that toxic people with a hilarious ban reason/appeal are gonna get the upvotes

Theres literally no point to this other than your own personal need.

7. CryogenicNewt05

CryogenicNewt05 Popular Meeper

Aren't the staff supposed to take in what the community says to stuff other than this? +1 for the new system

00000 likes this.
  8. Muunkee

Muunkee Legendary art supply hoarder

staff are not "supposed' to do anything. If staff wanted to, they could blacklist you because they didnt like your name.

Staff are there to guide - sometimes part of that is removing people who impede that process. The same goes for suggestions. Just because every meeper ever says +1 doesn't mean its a good idea, or necessarily applicable to the server. That's why we have staff, who actually know how everything works and would would realistically be feasible for the server.

This suggestion does not help meep or benefit meep in any way. If anything, it would make the appeal process much more slow and a popularity contest which is silly.

9. SuperDyl

SuperDyl Popular Meeper

Staff are a lot better judges of whether to bring a player back as they understand best what the player has done in the past. Players just see that one post, they haven't seen all the past appeal requests or talked to the player individually.

10. KlutchDecals

KlutchDecals The Real Ironman Elder

?Wut?

onceuponajano, riri30, Pmx728 and 2 others like this.
  11. Toostenheimer

Toostenheimer Legendary Meeper

lolno

Throw favoritism/popularity in there if it's added and it becomes a brand new spawn of Satan.

SX1, FamousZAmos and Pmx728 like this.
  12. LordInateur

LordInateur Deus Ex Machina Staff Member Administrator

I appreciate that you've made this suggestion, but I strongly disagree with the implementation of it. There is no strong correlation between the popularity and toxicity of any given member. Thus, there exist nontoxic members who are not popular as well as toxic members who are hilarious and incredibly popular. As others have mentioned, the moderation and administration staff members already read community comments and loosely take them into consideration... imposing any extra restriction to the appeal process would not be conducive to a fair decision due to the biases of the community at large. Furthermore, community participation in such matters is restricted for the same reasons that bans are private... such things do not promote social morale and only serve to increase the level of toxicity in the community.

SuperDyl and Pmx728 like this.
  13. Kling

Kling Break blocks not hearts

This would do nothing because my opinions do not sway because of what other people believe. -1

EDIT: I meant that as in even if the comunity have 20 +1s and 3 -1s on the worst player in history I would stick by what I believe because them 20 players could be troll +1ing

SuperDyl and onceuponajano like this.
  14. epick8

epick8 The Meme Lord

Ur joking right?

Toostenheimer likes this.
  15. Natsu

Natsu Celebrity Meeper

Well it looks like you'll stay banned either way. :)

I don't think mentioning a lot about your ban is a good idea, but be ambitious and actually provide positives to the community!

Adrian likes this.
  16. Vexmae

Vexmae Royal-Tea Staff Member Mod Media

so, what you're saying is, that if we put a poll up for people to choose whether they want the person to be unbanned it shows that they've changed. when that is completely wrong, if that was the case people would want them to get unbanned to make meep 'Fun' again, knowing what they will do, this is an awful idea as it should depend on the actions and what staff decide about them, this idea just focuses on popularity, and that's not fair. as I know a few players that are popular but banned that deserve to stay banned. -1

17. FamousZAmos

FamousZAmos Popular Meeper

Well, it was just a concept, that's fair enough too.
    --- Double Post Merged, Aug 17, 2017, Original Post Date: Aug 17, 2017 ---
    fair enough, was just a concept

SuperDyl and KlutchDecals like this.
  18. Viperfan

Viperfan Celebrity Meeper Staff Member Game Designer

Having a pole to choose if people get unbanned is probably the dumbest idea I have ever heard. For example most people in this community hate me so I'd stay banned forever if I got banned again, I'ts up to staff to see if a player has the qualities to get unbanned, not the toxic people

19. MeepLord27

MeepLord27 Popular Meeper

-1, meep is made up of children, don't give children power over each other.

20. Epicdude141

Epicdude141 Celebrity Meeper

+1 because everyone else is saying no and I'm cool and unique