1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

A Game you regret playing? +Story

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by SX1, Jun 22, 2016.

1. SX1

SX1 Celebrity Meeper

Have you ever had a game you regret playing? Well I certainly know a game I absolutely hate playing!

I am bored and have nothing better to do soooo. Story time? Story time. (2AM SX1 is weird af so bare with me)
    Let me tell you a story about me playing a game called Star Ocean 4 The Last Hope International. Now first let me get this out of the way, my rule in gaming is that I have to play on the hardest difficulty on every game. If I didn't have the hardest difficulty, I would play the game until I got the hardest difficulty then select that and restart the game. This is how I have fun on most games btw. I did not know how hard this game was to 100%, Star Ocean 4 takes it to a whole new level though. I found out that this game is notorious for being a pain in the ass for trophy hunters / achievement hunters whatever. After playing hours of it.

Before I started my game my friend, who is still really obsessed with achievement hunting, said he would give me $100 if I 100% Star ocean 4 Last Hope International for him. Now, he is not the guy who ever backed out of a bet before, so I knew he was serious.

The game:

First, I wanted to get the hardest difficulty, to challenge myself of course, but there were only 2 difficulties to choose from: Earth = Easy and Galaxy = Normal. I obviously chose Galaxy and started my play through. I asked him "How do I unlock Chaos difficulty?" He said: "Just beat the game... not once, but twice." I thought that was fine, grinding was something I love doing since Final Fantasy 1. Well, around 20 hours into the game, killing yet another boss, I told him "This game is very easy! I'll get the 100% in no time!" He started laughing at me. Then another 10 hours into the game, I started to question how long this game is. He did not respond and then said "you're better not knowing." Getting scared, I looked up and it takes around 45 - 60 hours to complete 1 playthrough on normal difficulty. Now I'm panicking. I can surely play the game again, but for a 2nd time? Surely not.

Having a good time with the plot, and was hoping to do some clearing up on some of those optional achievements. Well, I found out the hard way that there are certain areas you can not return to, period..
    I was pissed off, see the thing is, there is an achievement that basically says: "Open 100% of the hidden chests in the game! GOOD LUCK!" There are some chests in the 1 time only locations I knew I haven't opened due to inventory space. Then I was already locked out of "Obtain 100% item data!" achievement already as some items are only available there. And don't get me started on craft 100% items with Welch... I absolutely hate Welch... Now that I was locked out, I decided to continue onto the story. I never completed the story btw.

Me breaking:
    Ok so I decided to take a break and look up some of those "hard achievements" and well, I started "crying" due to how absurd the achievements are. There is a hidden bonus boss in wandering dungeon. Now that isn't bad. I'm watching a guy play against the Etheral Queen (Bonus final boss) , and he's really good, and talked about the boss for awhile. The last achievement you get is most likely 100% combat challenges, and reading this guy's post about the last challenge made me start to cry.
    Reading this guy's post on a psn trophy hunter thread made me rethink this game, I didn't want to touch it, it broke me. I never just said "F it! I'm done with this BS!" to any game. Then I told my friend, **** it, take it back and place it back to whatever part of hell you bought it from.

Then last year, I bought the game again for the ps3 because I wanted round 2. Gamestop employee said it only costed $10, which was a heck of a good deal. Then I sat down and got to the first boss before remembering and just shoved it onto my shelf. I'm not playing it for a long time. I learned my lesson the 2nd time playing.

Tl;dr - Never 100% Star Ocean 4 Last Hope International. It will break you.

2. Achmed

Achmed Popular Meeper

Assassin's Creed Unity. Massive failure. I lost all my respect for Ubisoft.
    [​IMG]

3. benster82

benster82 Celebrity Meeper

A friend gifted me a game called Under Zero on Steam. I see why he gave it to me. It's absolutely terrible and the reviews don't lie.

SX1 likes this.
  4. Llamazon

Llamazon Celebrity Meeper

i didnt play it but i watched Corpse Party when i was only 11 oops
    regrets
    never watched anime ever again

Cherrykit, Adam34falcon, SX1 and 2 others like this.
  5. WeAreNumberUno

WeAreNumberUno Celebrity Meeper

Realm Of The Mad god, All my friends praised it for MONTHS as an AMAZING game, so I was expecting alot more than it was, it was a meh decent flash game MMO RPG, but nothing like what my friends said it would be.

Marshy_88, builderjunkie012 and SX1 like this.
  6. Bloopers

Bloopers Celebrity Meeper

the legendary starfy

great game
    final boss made me waste like
    2 weeks
    of
    my
    life

7. Toostenheimer

Toostenheimer Legendary Meeper

I regreted playing this fan game, forgot what it was called, and the game didn't make any sense. You were given a flashlight in this Doom styled room you were in. You had to find a key to escape, and it was like that in EVERY SINGLE LEVEL. The key was needed for the door to escape from, which was nowhere to be found. You also had to avoid these demonic creatures, which was completely impossible. Because there was no way to avoid them. Time was broken, controls were screwed up, etc.

I really wished I didn't play that game. That's what I get for searching through Gamejolt.

8. alex77034

alex77034 Hey baby, I hear the blues a-callin'

watched the series when I was 11, had a phase of loving it for a week, but then got extremely scared and had nightmares for a year.

Llamazon likes this.
  9. The_Unkown675

The_Unkown675 Celebrity Meeper

Played on this one server called Meepcraft. Advertised biggest economy server ever, had 200 players. EULA came in, punched us in the gut. Losing players. Town losing players. No one actually helps. They just give up.

SuperDyl and zsuzsu1 like this.
  10. SX1

SX1 Celebrity Meeper

I liked the first Corpse Party, but Blood drive is very laggy and involves a flashlight. I also don't like the 3d character models, I love the pixels ones from the first game. Made the deaths a lot more "tragic. As for the anime, I thought it did pretty well introducing many anime fans to the game series. If you think Corpse Party is bad, try watching Another or When They Cry. Another has a girl trip on a staircase with her umbrella (look at the gifs) and When They Cry has the infamous Pulling nails scene. :)
    I played it on Kongregate when it first was released on there, It was an amazing game when it had no micro-transactions for gear / bots spamming in the spawn. Game is a rogue-like game so 1 death is perm which puts off many players. I remember lagging in Oryx's fight and got insta-killed @lvl 20 (max lvl btw) I quit and stopped playing.

11. WhoNeedsJimbo

WhoNeedsJimbo Popular Meeper

The worst game I ever played, would have been The Escapists for steam. People were all around the place, saying it was a great game, and it was Jacksepticeye and Markiplier to make videos about it to convince me.
    I finally gave it ago for 18.99.
    I never played it again and there is no point in refunding it. It just sits there, in my library, waiting for me to put down "The Binding Of Issac"

TimtheFireLord and metr0n0me like this.
  12. metr0n0me

metr0n0me Legendary Meeper

edgy

Muunkee, Summers and Toostenheimer like this.
  13. Toostenheimer

Toostenheimer Legendary Meeper

AYYY

14. Llamazon

Llamazon Celebrity Meeper

I did exactly that except I liked it for about 4 days

15. Kachess

Kachess Celebrity Meeper

Minecraft.

SuperDyl and ~Peper~ like this.
  16. Alexxaaa

Alexxaaa Celebrity Meeper

World Of Warcraft. Worst Game Ever :doctor:

Muunkee likes this.
  17. ~Peper~

~Peper~ Celebrity Meeper

Fnaf. The plot was disturbing... so were the theories...

SuperDyl and Lilstokes like this.
  18. Lilstokes

Lilstokes Celebrity Meeper

I mean, the first one was kind of interesting. The YouTube vids were annoying, though. After the second one it was already old. Then came a third. And a fourth.

Llamazon, Splendy and ~Peper~ like this.
  19. alex77034

alex77034 Hey baby, I hear the blues a-callin'

Once Seiko died, I started flipping out.

SX1 and Llamazon like this.
  20. w1111am

w1111am Celebrity Meeper

I regret playing Black Desert Online, my family didn't know I existed for 3 weeks.