1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

STAFF MESSAGE Server Maintenance & Upgrade to 1.16 on BungeeCord

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by BooBear1227, Jan 2, 2021.

1. Pluto258

Pluto258 Popular Meeper

very much appreachate the updates to keep us imformed. And appreachate all the hard work staff is doing.

Natsu, KyloMeep, pug and 2 others like this.
  2. andrewrobins

andrewrobins My views are my own.

One day Boo will see 4+hours of sleep :)

3. BooBear1227

BooBear1227 Sunflower | Always

Update
    Hi Meepers -

We have made amazing strides and we have seen very exciting progress over the past few days!

First off, I want to say how extremely proud and I am of the staff team for being able to accomplish everything they have done so far. Insane effort has gone into the 1.16 project, and it truly shows how much people care for Meep and want to see it do well. Please give a big round of applause to all of them for their incredible efforts with creating, testing, and maintaining content.

Let's get into some updates:

Numerous hours and some "sleepless nights" (give me a break, I at least do get some sleep, ok?) have gone in to making sure ALL of our plugins are synced and configured correctly across the board on the servers we currently have set up - Spawn, Towns, Resource/Wild. This is to make sure that things run as similarly as they can across our servers so people do not see issues in one and not in another. We try to keep these in sync all the time, but when we are adding and removing plugins, testing feature interactions in numerous servers and worlds, they can get out of sync and function differently than expected. We still have a few to confirm, but we are in a much better place than a few days ago.

We were having an issue with our cross-server broadcast system, but this has been resolved due to a handy plugin we found to sync announcements and some behind-the-scenes commands. We have tested this system several times, and it has been working like a charm. We need to update some of our plugins to use this instead of the old system. We are about half way done with switching these over.

Our Economy and Player Data plugins are now synced across servers. Initial data was taken from Towny and has been synced cross-server. Because MineCraft decided to update how it does item identification, not all signs and dyes in inventories and ender chests were able to make it through the Towny data import. I did not see any other issues with data import when looking back at the config to review what was lost, and this is a great sign! I want to thank @LordInateur for being a spare brain and helping me not lose my sanity over this. He was able to offer a new perspective on the issues we were having using the Eco plugin and give us some ideas on how to continue pushing through to the finish line for it. The was completed in the wee hours of the morning, so testing still needs to be done on it. Some initial testing shows a couple of issues that are not major but do need to be fixed.

We had an RTP plugin in place in the resource world that would RTP you every time you entered the world. Initially, we thought this would be a great implementation but ended up changing our minds because anytime someone tpa'd, used /home, or disconnected and logged back in, it RTPd. This was not a great implementation, and we know we would have received tons of feedback from you all on it. We have changed it so that if you use /warp resource, you now spawn in a protected box that RTPs you. The RTP plugin still needs to go through some testing to find the right time outs, but it is much better than our previous plugin and will attempt to find you a safe landing site.

PlayerWarps and VirtualShop have both been configured and synced cross-server. We ran into an issue with people not being able to use /find because it is an administration based command in another plugin set. We have been able to find a solution to that issue, and we are now waiting on more extensive testing on both systems to see what needs to be fixed. There are some new and exciting abilities with the PlayerWarps plugin that I think many of you will like and take advantage of!

Some staff members that have changed their names in the past are seeing issues with ChestShops, and some are not. Some legacy ID ChestShops work, some do not. This issue flared up because we laid the plugin on top of a world that had pre-existing ChestShop signs. We are trying our best to track down what might be the issue with these. Unfortunately, we might just need to help players with some manual intervention when they run into issues. If you have issues when we are back, please create a modreq and remain patient as it is going to require assistance from admins to help move / break signs so you can access your items and recreate the ChestShops.

Bugs are being squashed here and there as they come up. We went from quite the list to just a couple. However, we are expecting a lot more to come in as we have a lot of testing to do across the numerous plugins that have been set up in the past 72 hours.

Other Updates:
    - Homes are now properly displaying all previous homes! When we initially migrated, some people could see all of their homes and some others
    - Staff are working on setting up some more fun features in spawn, and you will have to continue to tune in to see the progress we make with those.
    - The moderation plugin went through another rework to tweak some things so our moderation staff can be efficient and consistent.
    - /suicide has been added back as /kill.
    - /undis no longer kicks you!
    - /history is now a new plugin and has been changed to /cnh because there are some overlaps with our moderation plugins.
    - The Hunter Job has been nerfed on payment for all mob values, but other rewards for experience and progress have been kept. We will somewhat rely on community testing to find the right values for these.
    - A few other Jobs plugins have been tweaked to remove some message spam.
    - Combat Tagging/Logging has been added to all servers. This will need to go through staff and player testing. We will work with you all the best we can on fixing any issues with this as they come up. We just ask that you remain patient with us in trying to resolve problems.
    - Chat and most plugins have been updated to use the [] style instead of the () style, as voted on by the community in Discord. There are a couple of lurking plugins that need to be hunted down and changed out. We will test it out and see how it looks. We can revert back to the old style if we want to, it will just take time to roll through plugins and update them.

I am sure I am missing a few minor updates because a lot has been done in the past 72 hours, but that's quite the handful. We still do not have an ETA for opening as we have quite the work cut out for us with testing. We will continue to share more updates as we have them, so stay tuned here on forums, Discord, and listening to the #server-announcements channel that has the option to publish to other Discords. :)

If you didn't see our FaceBook sneak peek of Spawn, head on over: MeepCraft.com Minecraft Server

4. Ace

Ace Celebrity Meeper

Skyblock confirmed guys.

KyloMeep and Adrian like this.
  5. andrewrobins

Hey ace hope everything has been good for you over last few weeks :). Hope you had a nice holiday.

BooBear1227 likes this.
  6. pug

pug Celebrity Meeper

What would I do for a Klondike bar? wait patiently for Meep to finish a major upgrade.
    Someone owes me a Klondike bar.....

any chance we are Meeping this weekend?

keep up the great work staff!

Adrian and BooBear1227 like this.
  7. andrewrobins

What's a Klondike bar?

BooBear1227 likes this.
  8. pug

pug Celebrity Meeper

good sized square of vanilla ice cream covered in chocolate (i think there may be other flavors, but that is the original)
    Their jingle is "What would you do for a Klondike Bar". they have some funny commericals.

Adrian and BooBear1227 like this.
  9. BooBear1227

BooBear1227 Sunflower | Always

upload_2021-1-15_16-1-10.png

Look out for a new forums post at 7pm EST tonight!

Adrian, Voluntarism and 417Mario like this.
  10. Voluntarism

Voluntarism Well-Known Meeper

I saw this from adrians status!

Adrian likes this.