1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Meeptimes #83

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Vexmae, Jun 7, 2020.

1. Vexmae

Vexmae Royal-Tea Staff Member Mod Media

[​IMG]
    The menacing fortress of a factory awaits you

Welcome to The MeepTimes, the twice-monthly update to keep the community in the loop with what’s new, behind the scenes, and in the works.​

Server Updates
    Nether Dungeon
    Burn your enemies alive in the newly released Nether Dungeon!

Spawn Portals
    We have modified /warp spawn so that all the world portals are easily accessible from one convenient location.

Passive Mob Grinders
    Use /plot set farm to allow others to kill passive mobs on your plots. Read more.

Bugs Squashed
    Wither Skeleton Drops
    The drop rate for Wither Skeleton Skulls was changed to balance out with the mass accumulation of mobs in the new Nether dungeon.

Zombie Pigman Drops
    Zombie Pigmen’s drops now have a balanced drop rate in balance to the number of mobs.

Flying while Combat Tagged
    You can no longer fly whilst combat tagged.

Turret Placement
    Destroying and Placing a turret will no longer remove the turret’s level.​

Recently Accepted Suggestions
    Nation Price Decrease
    Prices to create a nation in Extreme will be decreased from five million skulls. Read More

Various Chat Improvements

New Aspects of chat will be introduced, such as /wtoggle, /ignore, and the removal of the caps filter. Read More

Extreme Death Counter
    You will be able to view the total amount of deaths you have with the Death Counter. Read More

Community/Server Events
    Bi-weekly Updates
    Stay in-the-loop on discord to be on top of the Friday updates that bring new dungeons, fresh mechanics, and bring back old games.

Warlords Tournament
    The Warlords tournament is on-going, with many spectacular matches. We are looking toward the Semi Finals and Finals in the coming days.
    [​IMG]
    Halo and Boomo
    Legion got together and organized some large-scale halo and boomo games. People from other towns soon joined in on the fun. Above, you see @BooBear1227 bravely facing @Jwarian and BlasianPanda.

Meepcraft Tutorial Survey
    Our staff team is updating the tutorial in hopes to increase player retention and to make gamemodes clearer to a newer player. We would appreciate your input in the form of answering this short 2-3 minute survey, in hopes to express opinions. Read Me

MeepTimes Contests
    In this section, the community will get a chance to participate in a quick contest in each MeepTimes! There will be a 25,000 meeble or 4,000 skull prize (from the MeepTimes writers) given to the person with the best answer, chosen by the MeepTimes team. To be entered, just reply to the thread with an answer! The winner will be paid with the release of the next MeepTimes.

The question for this issue is: What hobby or skill have you tried or learned during your time in quarantine?

The winner of last edition’s Meeptimes contest is @MegaStufOreo with this photo submission of an urban environment (featuring a tasty looking ice cream). Check out the other submissions here!​
    [​IMG]
    Happy Birthday Mega, you handsome oreo
    The Project: The Council of the Warlords
    [​IMG]

Baku v Meznik battling it out for a spot in the Semi Finals

Meep is hosting a tournament to determine the Warlords Chief for the upcoming Council of the Warlords. Contestants fight to the death and spectators watch in anticipation to see who will become the leader.

What initiated the idea of having a “The Council of the Warlords?”
    There are a lot of players with leadership experience, communication skills, and PvP know-how and we've seen loads of success with our ComDev and ComArch teams, so we figured that it'd be awesome for the server--and fun for the players--if they were to be more involved in designing our Combat server. - @LordInateur

The idea really came from discussing kitpvp and how none of us currently on the team have a true PvP background. Our next question was asking who does, and how can we get them involved? - @CluelessKlutz

What was the reason for making it player-governed?
    I'm not a huge fan of micromanagement--it's a waste of my time and a waste of the Warlords' time. We've found that passionate players who are given more creative freedoms and decision-making power are much more likely to produce higher-quality gamemodes--and so we thought that making it primarily governed by the players was probably one of the better ways to provide that opportunity to players who might not want to deal with the bureaucracy that full staff members deal with. And frankly, who better to design the Combat Server than those who will primarily be using it? - @LordInateur

“The Council of Warlords” sounds very powerful. What inspired this name?
    I mean, it sounds cooler than "ComPVP" or whatever--and my intent was to have it operate much differently than the other Community branches that we have. ComDev and ComArch are headed up by the Techs and Architects, respectively--but the Warlords are headed up by the best of them, are governed by their own rules, and are generally advised--not directed--by the staff. Whereas ComArch and ComDev really get projects tossed to them by the staff, we're hoping that the Warlords toss ideas in the other direction. Since it's more autonomous, a "Council" seems more appropriate--and since they're going to be fighting for right to rule, "Warlords" sounded appropriate. - @LordInateur

What has been the most challenging aspect of the tournament?
    Probably coordinating times, most duels happen late at night however we have had a couple at difficult times to host. For example Mez vs Grev was around noon my time on a work day. Additionally some people are not available at all during the same times so finding a time to host can be difficult. - @AdrianBFaust

The most challenging aspect has been coordinating the fights with people on opposite sides of the globe that do not have an overlapping schedule when they can be online. Or if there are overlapping schedules, it is often difficult to find a staff member that can run the event smoothly with placing people in /gmsp and giving contestants the correct kits. - @BooBear1227

What has been the most interesting aspect about hosting events?
    Probably watching the fights, they're always fun to watch if you are rooting for someone. Additionally, although most fights have been blow out wins, the few close ones we have had have been super fun to watch. What has been the best fight to watch? - @AdrianBFaust

What has been the best fight to watch?
    My favorite fight so far by a long shot is Meznik vs Baku. It was a really really close match and both of them are very talented. - @CluelessKlutz

Meznik vs Baku easily, definitely two of the better fighters in the match. I went in expecting it to be a run-away win for baku, but during that first fight Meznik absolutely destroyed baku, going up 1-0. That match could have gone either way, and was super fun to watch. - @AdrianBFaust

Unfortunately, I have not been able to attend all events, but I have been at a few of them. Overall the fights that need to go to the third round to determine a winner have been the best to watch. Katronica vs Viperfan was interesting and fun to watch with amazing commentary from SurvivingSwords. Meznik vs Baku was also very interesting because it was expected Baku would take out Mez in just two rounds, but they had to go to a third to determine it because Meznik had an amazing first fight. I am looking forward to the semi-finals and the final match up in determining the Warlord. - @BooBear1227

Have there been any surprises with the tournament?
    I was surprised with the amount of people who signed up. I was expecting around 8 players to compete. We had to make a couple of adjustments to the tournament such as making it double elim to fit the amount of participants. - @AdrianBFaust

The biggest surprise is the number of people wanting to use sumo rounds to determine who moves on. The platform was created at the request of one the first matches, shiroppy vs chloeunicorn12. It has since become quite a requested mode of battle. I was expecting more people to ask for different kits than the default one that was decided on. - @BooBear1227

Can you tell us a little about the build? Style? Aesthetic you were going for?
    We wanted to recreate the terrarium in the 2014 spawn. It was a nice build but it was small and cramped so we decided to remake it. - @AdrianBFaust

Does the squid have a name?
    No one knows spider squid's name. - @AdrianBFaust

Is there anything else you would like to share with us?
    Yes - @AdrianBFaust

Story-time with the Crew: “The Light Show (Specials Part One)” by @smkorpi
    “Ica, I’m going to count to twenty, and you are going to hide,” Ica’s mother said.

“When I’ve finished counting I will search for your hiding spot until I’ve found you. It’s called Hide ‘n Seek; it was a game that Mommy played when she was a little girl like you.”

Ica was off like a shot from a cannon, desperately searching for a hiding spot in their little three-room apartment. Five seconds passed, and the only potential hiding spot she’d found had been a pile of clothes next to the bed. By ten seconds, Ica had darted into the kitchen and was frantically opening cabinets. Before she could decide on a spot, her mother reached twenty, and the hunt began. In a flurry of motion, seven year old Ica scrambled under the tiny kitchen table, hoping the tattered table cloth would hide her.

Her mother began searching the kitchen. “I think I heard a little mouse playing with the cabinets. You wouldn’t happen to be,” she paused. “Here!” and jerked open the cabinet under the sink.

Ica heard her mother’s shoes tapping against the kitchen tiles as she searched, the rhythm of her feet seeming to fade in and out as she searched the apartment. A tingling sensation overcame Ica’s body, and her vision became blurry. Her mother raised the table cloth and looked at the spot on the floor where Ica lay, but saw nothing. She searched for another fifteen minutes to no avail; she could not find her daughter.

“Ica, hunny, where are you hiding?” She asked, her voice wavering. “You’ve won this round, Mommy can’t find you. Would you come out of your spot?” Sounds reached the child, who was collapsed under the kitchen table, but the words fell on empty ears.

An hour went by, and bright blue lights illuminated the kitchen table. Her mother screeched and rushed to close the blinds. After checking that the door was locked and the blinds closed, she ran to Ica, whose body had reappeared underneath the table.

As her mother raised the table cloth, she gasped, and saw four light blue lines traveling diagonally across her daughter’s shoulders toward her chest. Moments later, the fifth and sixth notches began to form. Ica’s smooth skin began to stretch, until it tore, and the girl’s pulsing shoulder lights finally began to dim, and Ica finally began to stir.

A mother looked down on her child, her eyes brooding and her shoulders tense. Her expression was emotionless, but on the inside worry was beginning to creep in. Ica had her Awakening.

Humans of MeepCraft ft. @Superglue_13
    [​IMG]

Superglue_13 standing atop of his shop at Arendelle
    Looks like you’ve joined quite recently. What was your reason to join Meep and stick on?
    Minyyyy actually got me into Minecraft and told me to join this server and we have been playing together and the community is very helpful

It’s great when Meepers introduce Meep to their friends! What have you enjoyed about your Meep experience the most so far?
    I really like the fact that I can make my own town, and talking to other people.

Your name stands out to me quite a bit. What inspired you to name yourself ‘Superglue’?
    So it’s actually my PS4 username as well and it’s also my brother’s username on PS4 so I went with the same name

What’s your favourite PS4 game?
    Rocket League or Call of Duty

Now, you mentioned to me previously about your new puppy. Tell me about it! Name? Breed?
    So his name is Tucker and he is a rottweiler, he is 9 weeks old and only sleeps to Youtube.

That’s so cute! Any specific youtube videos he sleeps off to?
    Anything sound wise, and gaming videos

Switching topics, what do you do outside of Meep?
    I work at a grocery store and I like to play soccer

Are you still working during the COVID outbreak? Is it quite different now, with all the safety precautions in stores?
    Yes I am. I’m working more now than before due to people buying more at one time, however I’m required to wear a mask

Stay safe! Anything else you’d like to mention?
    I’d just like to say that the staff are really helpful at all times and don’t judge you no matter what

Welcomes and Farewells

Congratulations to qazini on her promotion to Administrator!

We are also excited to announce the promotions of LordMellow, SpongeyStar, and BooBear1227 to Moderator!

Social Media!

Be sure to follow us/subscribe to all of our social media platforms to get sneak peaks and be kept up to date on all things Meep!

Instagram! - @officialmeepcraftmc Facebook! - @meepcraftmc
    Discord! - Meepcraft Official reddit! - MeepCraft

Get involved with the MeepTimes

We welcome you to participate in the Meeptimes! Submit a cover photo or community event for a chance to get 10,000 meebles or 1,000 skulls, or a story for the chance to win 25,000 meebles or 4,000 skulls, if the content is used. To submit entries for the next release of the MeepTimes, send a private message in-game, over forums, or on discord to @qazini.

Happy Meeping!
    The next issue of The MeepTimes will be released June 19th, 2020. See you then!
    This issue was created by:
    @SpongeyStar @BooBear1227 @Vexmae @qazini

Attached Files:

2. cooey

cooey Legendary Meeper

cooey3 chronicles are better

3. Viperfan

Viperfan Celebrity Meeper Staff Member Game Designer

alcoholism thanks to mazi

4. Katronica

Katronica Celebrity Meeper

My hobby was adopting the Australian timezone sleep schedule while being in a PST zone. I am proud to say that I sleep around 6-8 am and wake up around the same time as some of the Aussie folks on here.

5. smk

smk Celebrity Meeper

Oh I didn’t even know my story was used xd. The @ would be just @smk

good edition :)

6. Pmx728

Pmx728 Legendary Meeper

BlasianPanda looking hella cute in that Halo Pic :love::love::love::love::love:;D:headphone::bucktooth::borg::(;P:love::love::eek:;P:beaver:

teddypines and qazini like this.