1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Best Posts in Thread: Stock Market for Towny Extreme

1. Thee Boss

Thee Boss Celebrity Meeper

-1, I’ve suggested community stocks in the past but I’m not too keen on this idea
    the world is way too young to say that the economy is set in stone. As of now there’s only 1 major trading area and that’s spawn region. As the server gains players plenty more areas/hotspots will pop up and the economy will definitely change ESPECIALLY with 1.16 being added in.

I’m confused, this isn’t a stock market? Stocks/investing irl from what I know (don’t quote me I’m not an economist or anything) where a company offers a bunch of shares of the business up for sale in order to raise funds. When you buy the stock you physically own a part of said company. Like if I buy a share of intel then I own that part of intel. Under this system I wouldn’t own anything.

using your example of ghost_corp, you say say you’d invest 10 diamonds when it’s at 400k and then when it rises you get 25 diamonds. The issue is that ghost Corp itself isn’t involved at all, like if their Value goes down they don’t suffer other than that. If someone cashed out on their investment then no money is lost from ghost corps. Making this less a stock market and more an item lottery based on your favorite towns

This is just a suggestion at pumping rare items into the game, which is already going to be done with supply drops and such anyways.

I already said it but I’ll say it again, -1.

2. Silver01

Silver01 Celebrity Meeper

1. Have a town owner remove all but 1 meeble from the bank
    2. Put everything you have in the town
    3. Have the town owner put all their money back in the bank
    4. claim your stocks and dupe thousands and thousands of items

You may say that it can check for total assets such as how much money all the citizens have + the amount of money in the bank, but a town owner can easily put all their money in another account in order to falsely change total assets. You could make this illegal, but the damages it causes if someone does do it can easily become impossible to control.