1. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  2. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  3. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Temporarily Close the Helper Applications

Discussion in 'Denied' started by lollisweet101, May 1, 2018.

?

What do you think?

1. Meep should make a larger effort towards encouraging players to apply for non-moderation staff roles

63.2%
  2. Meep should stay the same. If people want helper, why not let them apply?

36.8%
  1. lanekids40

lanekids40 Popular Meeper

A massive problem I see arising is that people generally don't know what to do. And I know that a guide book has already been accepted but it should be done sooner than later.

Sqreix likes this.
  2. lollisweet101

lollisweet101 Celebrity Meeper

The thing is, you need people to do that. And since we're low on people, I feel that this could solve the issue.

Sqreix likes this.
  3. Sqreix

Sqreix Celebrity Meeper

By doing what? Closing helper applications to encourage people to apply as architects, media or techs? Sure, you'd encourage people but we want competent people to fill in those roles.

4. lollisweet101

That is true. I didn't add that part though because people know by common sense we don't want completely random people applying. I think encouraging it more would make people get good at building or get good software or something like that.

5. lanekids40

lanekids40 Popular Meeper

getting good at development is a little harder than making some builds look good. I didn't touch my java ide for 2 years I can barely remember how to make a function. Learning java should take more than a year before you should feel comfortable enough to seriously mod a game's functions.

BooBear1227 likes this.
  6. lollisweet101

It was a simple sentence but I never said it was easy

BooBear1227 likes this.
  7. Summers

Summers Hot Meeper

Too* what the fricken

8. Hornemans

Hornemans God of Meebles

sounds legit, too bad most of they have no idea how to actually run a server :(
    --- Double Post Merged, May 4, 2018, Original Post Date: May 4, 2018 ---
    Also the economy, keeping that from getting jacked up too.

9. lollisweet101

I'm not saying to close the applications to keep people from applying, necessarily.
    I'm suggesting to close them because I feel that we don't need anymore helpers at the moment.
    Because why let people apply when we don't need anymore moderation-staff members?

10. Muunkee

Muunkee Legendary art supply hoarder

Bc too many is better than too few
    And being a staff is genuinely fun and some people want to do it
    Theres nothing wrong with adding staff members to the team so long as they are halfway competent and can listen to advice given.

Sqreix likes this.
  11. CluelessKlutz

CluelessKlutz Badmin

Every time we close apps, all that happens is they build up, and then there's a flood of applications whenever they open again. We tried doing a system where applications were only open for one week a month, and it didn't work because it doesn't matter when people apply, it's based on when we review them. It is foolish thinking to close helper applications to try and divert people to apply for things like architect or develop or media. The people who want those positions won't be swayed because they can't apply for helper. We have quite a few moderation staff now, but the idea of closing applications seems silly because we can just deny people. Keeping them open but denying ones we don't need still allows for us to add people when we need them. All in all, this suggestion has been denied.