1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Best Posts in Thread: Why the Mooville GMA Damages Meep's Towny: A Plea to All Who Care for Meep's Welfare

1. _EggsBenedict_

_EggsBenedict_ Meeper

Recently, the General Mooville Area program has been gaining popularity, and multiple towns have entered the program. As the numbers rise in Mooville's resident count, so do the concerns of neighboring towns and players. Here's why the Mooville GMA damages the idea of a Towny server.

Contention 1: Suffocation Nation

First, the politics of the GMA don't fit within a towny program. The Mooville GMA creates a faction-like band which alienates small towns outside the program. The point of an economy server is well, economics, and the Mooville GMA not only negates to give economic benefits to their GMA towns, but only focuses on political aspects. Not only politics, however, but the GMA creates a specific type of segregation in the towny community. In my own personal experience with my new town, Foodville, I recieved large amounts of pressure from Mooville's mayor to join the GMA. When I refused, an inordinate amount of shade and disdain was received from both Mooville's mayor and staff. Specifically, when I decided to keep connections to the town I previously lived in, Legend. The response I got from Mooville's staff was "Why Legend over Mooville?" and multiple cutting comments slandering Legend as "backstabbers". I felt ambushed and pressured by staff to break ties Legend. During this, my main question was why, as a community, there was such an extreme amount of tension which- at least from my perspective- was very one-sided. In conclusion, the only real purpose the GMA has so far served is an unneeded dose of tension and isolation between Mooville and the rest of the Towny world.

Contention 2: Creating a Drought

Second, as Meep has had trouble increasing player count and inspiration in a towny world, the Mooville GMA tramples newcomers and aspiring town owners. People who decide to own a town in the server have most recently had two choices.

1. Join Mooville's GMA and receive "benefits and connections"
    2. Don't join, and forever be isolated and looked down upon- not to mention have trouble growing as a town.

Thus, the lack of flexibility and overload of pressure causes new town owners and players to feel demotivated as their options in the server seem relatively limited. As a new town owner myself, all i have received after not joining the GMA was not only direct hate from Mooville staff but also a struggle in gaining my own residents. After I experienced a gain in residents in my town, my joy was diminished when... oddly, ALL of them left for Mooville. While I do not accuse anyone of any foul play here, I found that to be rather.. convenient?

In total, the progression of the Mooville GMA not only defeats the point of a towny server, but it hinders Meep from quickly growing to be a greater server. Thus, All the General Mooville area creates is a general sense of animosity.

boombox123, OKNEM, SuperDyl and 7 others like this.
  2. Kling

Kling Break blocks not hearts

Screenshot_5.png
    That is one corny threat, how hard is it to just kick back and enjoy a game to pass time instead of making enemies jeez Louise.

3. NinjaRoxy

NinjaRoxy Guest

Lets keep this to a civil debate. Put your points across sure, but there is no need for name calling or trash talking.