1. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  2. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  3. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Factions, but please insta-deny, "Walking Dead Style"

Discussion in 'Denied' started by Kazarkas, Apr 16, 2016.

1. Kazarkas

Kazarkas Legendary Meeper Elder

The Walking Dead Mode, a twist on Factions because everyone loves Zombies now.

Everyone and their mother loves The Walking Dead for whatever reason. Factions is an old game mode blah blah blah but we can make it "new" and refreshed by marketing it as a "Walking Dead" style game mode. Rules would be simple, have a good amount of zombies out night and day and have them kill in 1 hit unless you have armor on (3 hit kill or so). Just like factions and the show, small bands of players would go raiding and attacking other groups for supplies.

I see that Fuzzlr is openly against Factions and I can understand why he may feel that way but please hear me out.... I think resources are not being allocated in the right places and factions just makes sense at this time. We currently have the UHS server and there are usually 1-3 players online and anyone saying factions would yield less is being ignorant. Besides, I don't know of a server that has a Zombie Apocalypse mode. I know we have tried factions in the past and it has had a decent amount of player involvement and I think it is a good opportunity for some potential donations, example: $25 for a spawner (very OP in factions especially if you are killed in 1 shot by a zombie). So, let me go on....

Factions is very familiar to people that play Minecraft, we know how it works, its simple and easy. Not much work is done moderating factions when all griefing is allowed and its pretty much a free for all. The easiest way to approach factions is the "there is no rules approach" thus giving a lighter load to those who moderate the server and yes I know from experience it could be a pain. I don't understand the notion of "toxic" players coming from factions because many veteran players like myself can play factions in a civil manner.

Once again, I'm not just saying "Factions" because Factions but it would be a better allocation of resources when compared to UHS.

EDIT:

Saw Telinus' post, don't think it would be too hard to incorporate guns like Halo on this type of factions server.

Also, the spawner idea at $25, that would be for a base spawner of say a zombie mob that someone could make a farm of..... I could see it ranging to $50 for a creeper spawner for gunpowder to make TnT. For those who think it won't be purchased think again, people will pay $50 for such an advantage or pay with in game meebles on the regular server to donate for such perks.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 16, 2016
  2. Telinus

Telinus Celebrity Meeper

I think we should make a server similar to the walking dead with multiple huge cities containing loot. (Maybe guns?)

Burritoh and Kazarkas like this.
  3. Lilstokes

Lilstokes Celebrity Meeper

One of the most well known Minecraft gamemodes is zombie survival.

Splendy likes this.
  4. Kazarkas

Guess that shows how much I play Minecraft =p

5. IFartOnChilren

IFartOnChilren Celebrity Meeper Elder

Yes, but factions AND zombie survival would be LIT

6. Kazarkas

7. LIAHKIM55

LIAHKIM55 Popular Meeper

This gamemode seems awesome. It would make are playerbase go up but 100-350+

Burritoh likes this.
  8. Vamp1re_Man

Vamp1re_Man Celebrity Meeper

We could do factions with guns, that would be amazing!

+1 I think that if we had our own spin on factions, perhaps adding more of an economy/trade aspect to it, it would fit into our server more and increase the player count.

9. shiroppy

shiroppy Celebrity Meeper

10. TechnoTyson

TechnoTyson Popular Meeper

Doesn't this kinda ruin the whole point of being a every user friendly server having guns and stuff? -1 from me

11. IFartOnChilren

Guns, oh no!

I don't think we should have swords or TNT because that doesn't seem every user friendly either! It's too violent!

12. TechnoTyson

TechnoTyson Popular Meeper

True and we have halo but I don't think this gamemode is really meep. The main server should always remain towny and currently all the other gamemodes like halo, infected and ctf all give u meebles for towny but this server would have to be completely seperate economy and item wise. If we were to do it we can't call it anything to do with factions cause that is old how about name it Meepcraft Civil War or something cool +1/2

13. shiroppy

shiroppy Celebrity Meeper

he was being sarcastic...

14. Marshy_88

Marshy_88 Celebrity Meeper

I knew this server that was a faction zombie survival that was run by a, well, not nice person. It was quite fun, and I Bielefeld it would be nice.

15. SX1

SX1 Celebrity Meeper

So, like a DayZ / H1Z1 style? (Open world, ruined buildings or towns, survival, and faction)

I like the sound of this, there is so much you can do with this idea to make it unique.

+1

Redolwolf, Toostenheimer and Kazarkas like this.
  16. IFartOnChilren

But for real though, this could be a cool addition to the server. Like Kazarkas was talking about before in his first post, resources are being allocated in a lot of different places right now so even though I ( and a lot of other people) would enjoy a gamemode/world like this I can't see this being a serious priority on the development team's list of things to do right now. MeepFactions was definitely a success back in the day, so with the proper rules/moderation/execution, this type of server with a zombie apocalypse twist to it would attract a lot of people.

If we wanted to go with the guns idea, a lot of time would have to be invested into making unique guns and upgrades etc. Also, there are a lot of things that should be worked on before this should be put through serious development. These things include a more simple spawn ( such as the one in late 2012/early 2013), the completion of parkour, more time spent on UHS to make it less laggy and the addition of things that would attract more players, as well as proper advertisement to bring a greater playerbase to the core of the server, which is towny.

One problem that I think we'd potentially run into when making this server is it being too laggy. Similarly to some lag in UHS possibly being caused by the unnecessary amount of animals in the day time, some issues with the factions server would arise if there were too any zombies.

Overall, I like the idea, I would definitely spend a lot of time on it. The reason why I think the addition of this world would be more beneficial than the addition of another minigame is because of the long term play-ability it has. It would attract more people to play on the server for a longer period of time than a minigame would. As opposed to the factions server, a minigame would attract short term players who would eventually get bored and move on a lot quicker.

But in the end, I think that resources are too spread out among a bunch of different projects right now (as you can see on trello) so as much as I would like to see the development of this to happen now (which I think would be a smart move, and the right thing to do) I highly doubt it will happen.

Anyway, plus one.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2016
  17. Burritoh

Burritoh Popular Meeper

Not guns, we will all have to be like machone or whatever her name is xD but this is a cool idea AT LEAST A ZOMBIE SURVIVAL GAME! WHERE YOU COULD RANK UP STUFF MAYBE... NOTICE ME SEMPAI

RightClickCarry and Kazarkas like this.
  18. Enron

Enron Celebrity Meeper

Walking Dead style-factions without guns would be like Meepcraft without lag
    You've gotta have guns

Burritoh likes this.
  19. Muunkee

Muunkee Legendary art supply hoarder

;-;
    Michonne!

Burritoh likes this.
  20. Cityisfan

Cityisfan Well-Known Meeper

+1 great idea! I am a big fan of walking dead and it would definitely interest fans of the show.