1. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  2. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  3. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Chat RuleChanges

Discussion in 'Denied' started by metr0n0me, Mar 6, 2016.

1. Deinen

Deinen S'all Good Man

What would inherently make your right to talk about Hitler more valid than someone's right to not want that in the chat they are participating in?

2. iMelXP

iMelXP bean team

tbh when people are discussing mature topics like idk taxes people have strong opinions and even though they dont start out attacking one another, staff sort of get afraid they will and try to shut them down early. And I understand this I really do, because the line on where staff is supposed to jump in is always sort of blurred, unlike on the forums where players have more liberties. Technically, it isn't against the rules to discuss these sorts of things, but atleast half the time they turn into personal attacks, which makes staff have to shut the entire conversation down. In order to play it safe, the conversations are generally avoided altogether.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2016
    GroovyGrevous, SJP, Cherrykit and 2 others like this.
  3. CluelessKlutz

CluelessKlutz Badmin

Personally, I've never had a problem with the filter except for the so-called "eggplant." Plus, if someone just really doesn't want to see a conversation on global, they can always /gtoggle. History happens, so why should anyone be discouraged from discussing it? Sure doesn't mean everything is "fair" or "pleasant," but is anything really like that? I myself am a minor historian, specializing in the Second World War. So why not? +1

4. n00bslayer_99

n00bslayer_99 i like kebab

That is democracy for you, why would we not allow talking about educational subjects because a select few people are offended by it?

CluelessKlutz likes this.
  5. Deinen

Deinen S'all Good Man

This is not a democracy, this is a business.

6. Kling

Kling Break blocks not hearts

The reason I am not a fan of not just the hitler thing but debates in /g because this server is a majority of children. They will start out with a debate and majority of the time changes to swearing at each other and insulting.

7. n00bslayer_99

n00bslayer_99 i like kebab

Then why did you ask in the first place?

8. SJP

SJP spicy jalapeno pepper Elder

Stop if it comes to that point then. If no one is being hurt or getting "triggered" during a conversation about history what's the problem? At some point, people have to stop being so overly sheltered about history. It's a truth. Sure an 8 year-old doesn't need to know about Hitler and his quest to mass genocide. But guess what? In 3 years, that 8 year-old is most likely going to study a bit about the wars in our human past. In 2 more years? They might have a big project covering either World Wars.
    If little kids have to resort to attacking their fellow players because they don't feel like learning or researching then that's on them. Stay dumb. We're all playing Minecraft here anyways.

I used to tutor kids at a summer academy. Having an open mind when it comes to conversing with people *generally* leads to have a more friendly personality. Being stuck in a steel bubble leads to a Joffrey.

9. Deljikho

Deljikho Lazy Swami

Denied. We feel that our chat rules are already pretty lenient for the most part: a few select words and topics are definitely up for debate, but overall we feel like the system is fine as-is.

Billybob12 and iMelXP like this.