1. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  2. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  3. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Economy Flow

Discussion in 'Denied' started by PainCakexx1997, Dec 20, 2015.

?

Do we want this implemented?

Poll closed Feb 20, 2016.
  1. Yes

26 vote(s)
    40.6%
  2. No

38 vote(s)
    59.4%
  1. weewoozesty

weewoozesty Popular Meeper

I can agree to some degree.

I think what they need to do is stop making it so difficult for people to earn meebles outside of being a donor. It does nothin but enforce the pay to win aspect that becomes more apparent with every single nerf.

It's no wonder so many cits feel a need to cheat in pvp and stuff, because it's so difficult to make any kind of meebles as a cit.

2. NuckleMuckle

NuckleMuckle Popular Meeper

Disagree. I was making $100k a day last month (and if I invest the same effort, I'm doing even better now), and donor perks have little to do with any of the business lines I've been using to do it. Any citizen could do what I'm doing, and in one case they'd actually do it faster (farming, where /feed constantly gets in the way).

Of course, not just any citizen can complete 5 parkours a week; it takes time and effort to learn to beat them. I only just recently added #5.

The farming job pays me quite a bit more than it would an ordinary cit, but that's because I've put in the time and effort to level it up so high.

Not any citizen can own a farm the size of mine, and a complementary public nether farm, and a small shop, because many towns limit your plot count and/or ability to build. Owning your own town is an option that solves that problem, and also opens up the world of Towny raiding, which can be a huge money maker. But buying a town is expensive, and saving up for it requires a lot of time and effort.

Another great money maker on occasion is spotting big market imbalances. If a new shop opens and they're way underpriced on an item, clean them out of inventory, and flip it for big profit. If they're buying for much higher than normal, locate inventory wherever you can, and stuff them full. This strategy requires a very good understanding of the marketplace, which can only be acquired through time and effort.

Common thread: time and effort. Not perks.

During the course of building this kind of wealth, it naturally makes sense to use it to purchase ranks. In this case, ranking up is not a cause of wealth, it's a result.

Dockson likes this.
  3. Lord_Walrus

Lord_Walrus Popular Meeper

It does indirectly, I was able to make x100 more money with /fly than I was able to as an Elite.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jan 11, 2016, Original Post Date: Jan 11, 2016 ---
    If /fix or /fly is removed, I will leave. Not only is this unfair to those who have bought ranks, but will likely drive away future donators. It has been said many time before, but it is true that ranks are already overpriced as it is. If anything, they should be adding perks. I feel that some kind of risk that goes back into the economy (stocks/gold), would improve on the economy.

Yes, I know about the stock exploit.

4. epick8

epick8 The Meme Lord

Its not even an exploit. Thats literally fuzzlr being dumb with the plugin. Like really? 15 minute delay on price updates and you think nothing bad is going to happen? took 2 dollars for a stockmarket app to completely ruin meepcraft's economy. Its quite pathetic really.

While of course, work and effort is always going to be valuable, its what can reasonably be done. Not everyone has that capability to learn the parkours. Also, they do affect prices. Think nether. Its safer and more efficient to fly up get collect quartz an glowstone, back when there was no magmacube heads everywhere, ultis had the advantage cuz they could search the nether more effectively, giving them better chance for selling it ( sold at 1.4 mill a yearish ago). Fix affects prices of materials. Goods become less valuable because 1) no one needs the materials to constantly fix the item 2) no one needs to have that item replaced. So, the price becomes lowered as there is less demand. Always think about demand in economy.
    I mean theres literally nothing that can be disagreed with. Elite gives fix at no cost for the user. Thats what you get for your purchase. I purchased that perk with the rank. I paid for unlimited fly because thats what its advertised as and thats what customer are buying. And i agree with you on the later points but its not likely to happen.

5. LionWaffles

LionWaffles Well-Known Meeper

I hate mining. That is why I bought /fix. About the replacement - get creative I don't really care.

6. evilalec555

evilalec555 Celebrity Meeper

Ok If this was implemented I'm sure many will quit including myself. This is part of meep /fix is very important and one of the reasons many get elite. An easy fix for the Economy is to wipe all citizen accounts that have been inactive for 30+ days and to clear the balance of ranked members that have been inactive for 60+ days. This is a fix that will take many millions of meebles out of the Economy and help meeps economy stand.
    a few of my thoughts -evilalec555
    --- Double Post Merged, Jan 14, 2016, Original Post Date: Jan 14, 2016 ---
    http://meepcraft.com/threads/feb-23-2014-20-economy-reduction.16952/

FunGUY likes this.
  7. NuckleMuckle

NuckleMuckle Popular Meeper

How does that really take money out of the economy, though? If those people aren't active their money is basically already out of the economy. It shows up in the /baltop total, but it's not circulating.

Dockson likes this.
  8. Niiicck

Niiicck Retired SuperMod

end rankism!

9. FunGUY

FunGUY Popular Meeper

But you can't wipe it if they've been active on forums from their phone and away from their computer for a 2 month Sumer vacation

10. epick8

epick8 The Meme Lord

process is automatic, so in fact, they can.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jan 18, 2016, Original Post Date: Jan 18, 2016 ---
    this is already done. Can't be a fix since the eco is currently reflected already has this implemented.

11. BaM_Nitro

BaM_Nitro ஜ۩▬Retired▬ஜ۩

Only reason people donate for elite is because of /fix, It's like taking away /fly for ultimate. Lots of people are gonna be pissed if this happens and the donation rate will go down cause what else does elite have?. I agree with /smelt though that's too far what's next /enchant might as well give us /kill so we can kill stuff faster too. Yes for /smelt but hell no for /fix, if /fix gets removed I want my money back.

evilalec555 likes this.
  12. CARTANfan

CARTANfan Celebrity Meeper

And I care why?

13. builderjunkie012

builderjunkie012 Celebrity Meeper

I didn't pay $80 to get a half (fill in a donkey name) command that still requires vanilla aspects of the game to fix a tool I.e using anvils. I paid $80 to make it so i only need to replace my diamond tools and armor if I die or throw them in lava because q is right next to w. On the other hand, it takes 15 minutes to get a stack of diamonds out of the wild. If i were a citizen, why on earth would I spend 32k on something I can get in 15 minutes which lasts much longer and retains it's value at an instant 25.6k if I were to sell it. If anything, killing /fix makes it just a better incentive to mine out of the wild. If you're talking about the people with millions of meebles and an easy income who will freely drop 30k like its a pack of ramen, the solution to getting their money to flow is to have things worth buying that take their meebles and offer worthwhile upgrades. Lets be honest, who would pay 1.5m to have a rainbow sheep run around them and get sent to CGs lair next time you try to make a long jump into red water. If you want people to spend their money you need to offer things worth their time. Thats the reason people even buy ranks; they get something like /fix or /fly.
    On a side note, good luck getting donations if all elite gets is /hat and particle effects.
    On another side note changing donator perks after being advertised for 3 years is going to get a cold reception.
    It just so happens that I'm hosting that reception.
    Now go think up better ways to squeeze meebles from people while we don't drop tsar bomba on our donation page (like cosmetic upgrades that are worth buying).
    Trust me, from experience, getting rid of donor commands is about as worthwhile as trying to microwave a koosh ball on the moon. If it doesn't pop, you'll end up dying because theres no oxygen on the moon dummy.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jan 19, 2016, Original Post Date: Jan 19, 2016 ---
    How hard could this possibly be

Dockson likes this.
  14. PainCakexx1997

PainCakexx1997 Squirrel Power!

love the input the community has given to this thread and I love a good discussion :) I have read the responses given to this suggestion and the arguments given is sound.

I agree with the fact that doing a change like this without giving something in return would be wrong but when I look long term on this I think it would be worth it economy wise. Remember the reason I posted this suggestion was to listen to your opinions and make changes to the suggestion with the comments stated here. This is my opinion on the matter, stuff that stagnates a economy in the Long term effect not the Short term effect is bad, not only for the economy but for all the parts in it and that includes all the people that plays on the server. Just removing money from the server without a goal is no point, when removing money from the economy you should try to create a flow that goes around and around in a cycle. The cycle will need to be changed from time to time because changes like updates and players that finds out how to use the system to control the market. To move forward we need to change how the server economy works from time to time, staying in the same spot will just stagnate progress.

I will now go through some of the things that was not stated in this thread but people automatically stated that I stated.

I Never said remove /fly /feed /fix /smelt or any other command. My thread was about making changes to /fix and /smelt that would benefit the economy in the long run.

So /fly, /spawner and /feed what is the difference between that and /fix and /smelt. Well /fly add a higher income of items to the economy, and a lot of the time the items will be sold and circulate more money around in the economy, so that is why I look at it as a good thing.
    /spawner also adds more items to the economy even doe you could say that the items added are not valuable at all, and you would be correct in saying that but the items added are often items that are would be used a lot back in the old days. Like blaze rods used to be used for furnaces before /smelt came.
    Now I am getting to /feed and I know that this is the thing that comes the closest to /smelt and /fix but the difference is that we do not have spawners that spawns in diamonds to the economy. /feed is pretty much a command that just makes it so that you do not have to go to /pwarp food or any other pwarp that gives out free food. And just btw, I have never seen a pwarp that gives out free blaze rods. But I have seen pwarps that makes you kill blaze so that you can get blaze rods but that is not the same as just walking over to the cow spawner area and pick up the food from the ground. You have to do nothing and that is why people give it out for free and that is why there is a difference between /smelt,/fix and /feed.

Now I will go in to changes that I see would be necessary before implementing something like this. And that does NOT mean that something like this will be implemented!

First I would like to look in to the possibility that we would need to add something that would be considered as equally valued by the community to Elite so that people don't feel that they have lost anything to the changes of those commands.

I have also gotten a complaint that it would be hard to run around with diamonds, iron ingots or coal in your inventory at all times. So what I am proposing is a command like /fix fuel or /smelt fuel something like that, it would open a inventory just like /chest does but you can only put diamonds, iron, leather, gold, coal, blaze rods and lava buckets (tell me if I forgot anything) in it. Then when you use /smelt or /fix it will take the appropriate amount from that inventory.

Thx to everyone that commented and shared their opinion on this suggestion, and I hope to see you all helping with your input on the suggestions in the future. I will bring more ideas to the community and I hope that people will keep taking part in shaping the server :) Have a nice day everyone :)

This suggestion is Denied, but I will leave the suggestion up for some more time so you guys can respond to my opinion if you feel like it, and I hope that you read my whole comment this time. :)

Paincakexx1997 :D

Dockson likes this.
  15. le gooboy

le gooboy Popular Meeper

Ummm, why just simplify it and make it so that there are no enchantment losses when you /fix certain tools/armor/weapons.

I think that 10% is a minimal amount and seeing that /smelt is instant, I think that that is the perk itself. I think that the fee should be something more along the lines of 50%.

16. builderjunkie012

+1

17. FunGUY

FunGUY Popular Meeper

How about you just half everyone's balance how much you can buy things for and how many meebles u get when u buy. Bam issue solved do this monthly if it's still a problem.

18. PainCakexx1997

PainCakexx1997 Squirrel Power!

This thread was never about removing money from the economy. It was about removing a obstacle that was created a long time ago when the economy wasn't as complicated when it came to item combinations like enchantments and on diamond armor and anvils. There is a purpose that would benefit everyone on the server with this proposal, but I do understand how people feel about loosing something they have paid for. And as stated above if you read the comment, I don't believe in removing money from the economy without a goal in mind for the removal of that money. If that is adding more money somewhere else or creating more circulation then I agree with removing income money from the economy. A stagnated economy is like stagnated water, you don't drink stagnated water :)

19. FunGUY

FunGUY Popular Meeper

New thing for /fix it costs you 200 meebles and for /smelt it costs you 50 meebles per a stack

20. builderjunkie012

how about no