1. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  2. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  3. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Economy Flow

Discussion in 'Denied' started by PainCakexx1997, Dec 20, 2015.

?

Do we want this implemented?

Poll closed Feb 20, 2016.
  1. Yes

26 vote(s)
    40.6%
  2. No

38 vote(s)
    59.4%
  1. metr0n0me

metr0n0me Legendary Meeper

That's not the point. The point is that we shouldn't be promising something and then reneging on the promise later. Even if we don't get chargebacks, the mentality that "if they can't chargeback, we're good" is a very bad attitude. What does that say to future donators? What if we implement new perks, and potential donators see this and go "You know, I won't really donate; look at what they did to /fly and /fix and what not."

2. Krazycat600

Krazycat600 Popular Meeper

If you want economy flow without disrupting donator perks, you could also add custom items (perhaps tools and gear above the max level)

BooBear1227 and LadyCassandra like this.
  3. LionWaffles

LionWaffles Well-Known Meeper

I will +1 only if we replace /fix with something equally as good or better.
    I will -1 if anything else happens.
    I paid for /fix.

4. Imperfectly

Imperfectly Celebrity Meeper

Like what?

Also, You will still have /fix I think (read this 15 days ago), It just cost you like 4 diamonds to fix it all. No big deal.

5. sicklynerd

sicklynerd Celebrity Meeper

It puzzles me how we are even considering removing certain perks from ranks, especially from a staff member.

Regarding /feed:

It's literally the only useful thing in Premium, pretty much the same thing with /heal in Exclusive (the only truly good perk besides /feed I found was more /chests during premium and exclusive). Everything else in those ranks are things that don't truly matter. Ranks are already overpriced as they are, don't take away from them. Rather, add to them, or don't even change them at all.

Seriously.. I want a response from someone: how is /feed harming the economy? I always got free food at /pwarp food when I was citizen. All /feed does is make feeding easier and quicker by not having to hold down the right mouse button every time your hunger goes down.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2016
    FunGUY, metr0n0me and Krazycat600 like this.
  6. HoF_Code

HoF_Code Popular Meeper

Its not harmin the frickin economy, its just these mods that want to ruin everything I mean seriously, what is wrong with the economy now??? Exactly nothing is wrong, keep it as it is, and mods, don't poke the beast, because so help me you touched it and you better run before it catches you.

EDIT: And also I think these mods are gonna change this and remove all the good perks then resign
    --- Double Post Merged, Jan 4, 2016, Original Post Date: Jan 4, 2016 ---
    And another thing since tons of people bought ranks in the past 60 days, EVERYONE will chargeback and guess what? THen the server won't exist, gotta admit, I have a valid point, same as metr0
    --- Double Post Merged, Jan 4, 2016 ---
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 4, 2016
    FunGUY and sicklynerd like this.
  7. epick8

epick8 The Meme Lord

That was a poorly written argument.
    1) The eco has historically worked better when under 2 bill.
    2) your threat was so empty I laughed.
    3) Prices are incredibly stupid and low on meep
    4) I will agree with you that people would be more inclined to charge back, but doubtful on everyone. would be a handful or less. All caps everyone doesn't quite make it true.

8. Oroperion

Oroperion Celebrity Meeper

I like the thought of this. It would put one of the largest aspects of the game back into the server. By forcing players to actually work to get materials or to purchase everything, you are making the players play the game. Money will flow, and start to level the huge discrepancy between high-level donors and citizen-Exclusive.

Epicdude141 and PeriHeika like this.
  9. PeriHeika

PeriHeika Celebrity Meeper

I trust the staff to come up with new perks to replace the old ones. There are literally thousands of ideas, some of which could be better than /fix without causing economic problems. All it takes is some brainstorming, and maybe a few plugins.
    I am going to agree with Oroperion. The harder it is to play a game, the more time you spend playing it. I give money away like candy because gaining more gives me a reason to stay.

10. i8ryan

i8ryan Popular Meeper

How about the fact that the economy has worsened since we added beta? having two towns can make for an example. simple profit. /fix has been here since 2013 and we've never really had a serious problem

- For an example i could get people who join my alpha town with '' low prices '' and then tell them to join beta as well and charge them 1k a day and cause them to loose all there stuff and loose there money. Mostly everyone i meet has usually 2500 and if you charge them 1k a day they're gone from your town within two days. creating a 2k profit.

Basically what i'm trying to say is ever since the start of beta economy worsened and that we should reset both worlds, or if that wouldn't work we'd simply make beta a separate world and money and items wouldn't transfer to alpha.

I know that beta was made because there wasn't enough '' room as well as lag issues '' in alpha but seriously we should just stick to the old times back in 2013ish where we only had one towny world.

11. HoF_Code

HoF_Code Popular Meeper

I barely remember that and it was laggy as hell, I mean I guess that would work but seems it would take some plugins but hey, thats what admins are for, I just really don't wanna remove perks.

FunGUY likes this.
  12. i8ryan

i8ryan Popular Meeper

IT WAS never laggy for me and i mean ever.

13. HoF_Code

HoF_Code Popular Meeper

Whoops but it was for me back then

14. i8ryan

i8ryan Popular Meeper

Maybe it was because I probably had a ping of 50 and below xD.... also didn't redstone stuff get disabled because people complained about it as well?

15. FunGUY

FunGUY Popular Meeper

Guys just don't do this. After I i read this thread i went straight to meepcraft and typed /g everyone /fix and /smelt and /fly might be taken away. Let's just say that started an hour flame war.

16. BooBear1227

BooBear1227 Sunflower | Always

I can see where /fix has been putting a damper on the economy. What I would hate to see is /fix only being able to be used a few times on an item. I don't know where people got the idea of /fix being removed completely. I love my precious items, thank you very much. Make it so you have to have another pickaxe and lapis to fix it? I like pain's "go down a level" on enchantments, because then I have to buy more books to get it back up to the enchantment I'm looking for. Automatically makes demand of diamonds go up. And more flow in the economy.

I use /smelt for gold, cobblestone, and maybe food sometimes? What else do people use it for? I think it's honestly over powered than it needs to be and we should have to have some fuel source to use it. Sure, it's nice. I don't think it's bankrupting the community all that much though. Tons of people still have to use resources.

I personally think chest shops have been a damper on our economy in some fashions. It trades items around, sure. However, when a players chest shop is full, I'm stuck with those items. People are really interested in selling items and only buying when they need it on demand (like vshop). Also, I don't know of many chest shops. I probably know about 5-7 people I can sell and buy stuff from. And that's after the countless hours I've spent looking for shops to sell to. However, the price to buy is usually 2 to 5 times the price to sell the item to the person. So, I would much rather go collect the resources myself than buy something where the price is jacked up so high that I would spend a lot more time trying to make that money back, but can't. Because you either know how to abuse the system and make lots of money, or you don't know how and try to scrape by with what you do have. I honestly think those who scrape by with what they do have should be putting more input into this, because that is really who it affects.

The major issue is that the higher ranked players normally have an easier time getting money than lower ranked players. I had a Premium come to me in game today and ask me how to make money. I don't know how people are saying they make tons and tons of money. I can make maybe 200k a week if I truly really try, and that is with all my lovely perks. I'm not good at parkour. I don't have the computer to PvP well. Most of my problems with making money come from my computer and the fact that it is mainly used for work. Not everyone has the money to buy a decent gaming computer (even though I can, I chose not too because it's a waste of money to me; rather would get a decent education and then buy a computer when I can afford it after everything else). I find the interest in heads disgusting (Let's decapitate people and put their heads on my wall as a trophy. Had nightmares about that actually...). Dicing is just trading around money and people are either really salty or through the rough happy that they won. Lottery has "earned" me about 200-500k of that 16mil it says I have won. /warp shop prices are decent enough to where I can use my /fly powers in the nether and farm up some glowstone and quartz and sell it to the shop for about 50k an hour or so. I'm not gonna fly around the nether all day and look for these things though.

/fly does affect the economy to some extent. Ultimate's can get things faster and easier. Where it would take you a few blocks to get from place to place. Maybe running across the wild to find what you want. I can fly from tree to tree chopping them down. I can fly down my tunnel in the wild.

Random ideas from my tired brain:
    Has /nv been mentioned in being removed? I know tons of people use gamma modifiers for that anyways. However, if I had to use torches or lava to actually see what I'm doing, it might actually make the smallest difference maybe? I'm not sure. I actually liked using torches to see. Maybe it's just me? I also like eating food at random points in time. I would actually rather have my hunger go down so I could eat food instead of always being able to eat food and just run through it. I would rather have to /feed to remind myself I'm not invincible. I wish there was a way to toggle that....
    ------
    After thinking about this for a few days, I change my vote from No to Yes. But the poll isn't a good indicator of this. We can always try this and always go back if it doesn't work. :)

I love how /smelt and /fill were recent suggestions from the community that there were some second thoughts on, but those second thoughts were kind of forgotten, because why not make the game easier for people?

Is another one of those "players who have under x meebles will be wiped from the eco" in order anytime soon? I was looking at /baltop the other day, just running through it to see what it was like. I was surprised to see how many people on /baltop are below 2.5k. I get some of it is from transactions or players keep it in other accounts. However, I know last time the "wipe" happened, it helped a little bit. That's more of a, get the eco under 2bil kind of deal, and not spread the wealth.

Maybe we just need inflation of prices?

EDIT:
    Also, not sure how Beta made the eco increase.... That doesn't make sense. In some ways yes, maybe. In other ways, no. Lots of towns and nations being created and destroyed daily. Takes quite a bit of money out of the eco, yeah? I can't imagine trying to play in a towny server that has 100 people playing in it at once, but I've been in one running fully optimized at about 800 players playing it at once. Alpha is just weird and chunks and biomes are off. That's why I live in Beta.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2016
    Summers, PeriHeika and Zer0000000000 like this.
  17. weewoozesty

weewoozesty Popular Meeper

Here is an idea, instead of heavily nerfing /fix. Why not just make it make sure you have the materials in your inventory. For example, a person wants to /fix a enchanted pick with fortune 3, eff 5 and unbreaking 3. Make it so that it would cost a certain amount to fix the item based on it's tier. A fully enchanted item like above would cost maybe 30+ levels plus the 3 diamonds to fix. Or here's an idea. Make /fix require "gold" to use. It would create a market for gold ingots outside of the bank!

With /smelt. Make it require fuel to use. For example, a coal block can smelt more than 80 items or something in that region. Make it so that you have to have the fuel in your inventory and it subtracts it when it is used.

That way while you still get the convenience those commands provide, it would create demand for said materials such as diamonds and such.

That said, to outright remove those commands, I would be downright pissed off. I paid over $400 CAD for my rank and all of the benefits that come with it. And don't give me no BS about it being a "Donation" I removed those blinders a while ago. It is not a donation, it's a purchase. They only call it a donation so that they don't get in trouble. I dont mind minor changes to it. Frankly I would welcome a purpose for my diamonds and gold stashes. And further, make it so that /fixed items can be used by people below elite if the price was paid.

Players could open up businesses where they repair items in exchange for the value and experience of the items used or what ever. It would be cool to see blacksmiths in people's towns with a real purpose outside of a place to stash anvils and not look stupid.

Us Ults have little perks as it is, to remove stuff from below removes stuff from us too. I also wish /feed was removed though. It's simply unneeded. The current permanent 95% hunger bar is a royal pain in the butt and accomplishes nothing.

BooBear1227 likes this.
  18. epick8

epick8 The Meme Lord

simple answer: then what did i pay 80 bucks for?

19. weewoozesty

weewoozesty Popular Meeper

Convenience. My suggestion still allows /fix etc. But at a cost. It's offering convenience but not in a way that eliminates so many potentially vital markets that would actually give cits a fighting chance. And would give people a reason to actually go out and mine.

20. epick8

epick8 The Meme Lord

no. i paid 80 bucks to have unlimited fixes on any item at no cost. simple as that. Thats what was advertised to me and what I decided to to purchase.

BooBear1227 likes this.