1. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  2. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  3. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Target Audience

Discussion in 'Denied' started by TNT404, Aug 10, 2015.

1. Dat_Coffee

Dat_Coffee Popular Meeper

Because not everyone has Teamspeak, some people that don't aren't willing to get it, some people don't like to have other people hear their voice, and some people just like typing more than talking.

2. RaidByNightOnly

RaidByNightOnly Celebrity Meeper

TBH I should be able to say "pissed off" because "ticked off" is cringy and doesn't flow well plus piss isn't a bad word necessarily. And I guess we should be able to say arse... instead of donkey tbh

3. Deinen

Deinen S'all Good Man

You a Brit? :)

RaidByNightOnly and TNT404 like this.
  4. triscope

triscope Celebrity Meeper

lets hope it doesn't get in the direction where saying stupid is filtered in to awesome.
    and saying "what the heck" is week ban.
    so +333 it should be at least 10 the majority of people who play are 11 or older

jmelara likes this.
  5. Lilstokes

Lilstokes Celebrity Meeper

What I have a problem with is when people report others for swearing...

triscope and RaidByNightOnly like this.
  6. RaidByNightOnly

nope. what makes you think that?

7. Dat_Coffee

Dat_Coffee Popular Meeper

You said "Arse". Only British people say arse instead of ass.

RaidByNightOnly likes this.
  8. Muunkee

Muunkee Legendary art supply hoarder

I'm like 90% sure EVERYONE besides Americans naturally say arse instead.

9. SirGiggly

SirGiggly Celebrity Meeper

Woah that slope sure is slippery, did you butter it?

10. RaidByNightOnly

orly? I always used it as a substitute...

11. Lilstokes

Lilstokes Celebrity Meeper

Oh yeah, I've heard a lot of kids say it at my school. Only get punished for saying "ass".

RaidByNightOnly likes this.
  12. shains

shains never stop fighting

I think it's hilarious you think allowing swearing raises the target audience. Adults don't swear as much as you think lol id get fired at my job

13. JoeK

JoeK ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

It's not just that we dont want people learning these, but that on MeepCraft we don't want people insulting eachother or being extremely rude.

14. Bob4444444

Bob4444444 Celebrity Meeper

Sh** shouldn't be allowed, I mean maybe if you drop it once in awhile to not insult somebody, sure. F*** should definetly not be allowed. Even if a kid knows it, what good is it to drop the f-bomb in chat? The f-bomb is mainly used for harassment anyways, so there would be no use in allowing it. And if you wanna say something is "good as f***", you just can say af. There's no need to drop the f-bomb in that situation, and there is no reason at all to use the f-bomb on Meepcraft. Ass used to be legal, and it was the idiots like puppy25 who said "ass ass ass ass" in shout that got it removed and made illegal. There was quite a bit of talk about that in staff when I was there. I can't give any information since that would be leaking, but I'm pretty sure saying ass once in awhile wouldn't really be strictly enforced. But in the end, I swear plenty on Skype and texting and that stuff, and I respect the rules on Meepcraft. I admit, I do swear in local chat sometimes and rarely in /msg, but I don't really see a need or a proper reason to allow swearing in shout where everyone can see it and staff moderate it. I think the swearing rule should be if the people you're talking to don't mind it, you can use it. Otherwise, it's illegal.

To end this, if you want to swear in global where everyone can see, go to a different server. @Courtneyyy and I went to one once and it was awful to see how much swears were said and nobody would be punished. I think Meepcraft is fine the way it is with the rule. If you REALLY need to swear on Meepcraft, then do it where it doesn't matter to people who don't care. Otherwise, like Deinen said, if you have a need to swear every place and second, then you're ignorant.

15. Courtneyyy

Courtneyyy Admin Princess Staff Member Helper Media Elder

If we allow cursing in game I'm leaving. I don't want to be apart of a server where people want to cuss 24/7 for no reason. Yeah I cuss too but that's my life I don't cuss in game I won't cuss in game. Get over it move on.

shains and Bob4444444 like this.
  16. benster82

benster82 Celebrity Meeper

What do you expect? This is an age where the parents use video games as a parent so they don't have to do theor jobs as parents and look after their children. And then the make themselves think that they are doing their job by blaming their child's bad behavior on everything else rather than themselves. Note to Parents: If you are that concerned about your child's internet interaction, actually supervise your children!

Dat_Coffee likes this.
  17. Methul

Methul Popular Meeper

I totally agree with Deljikho, give a player an inch and they will take a mile. If swearing was allowed chat would be littered with s***
    and f***, to the point that for me, it wouldn't even be worth reading. Not only does allowing swearing in no way benefit the server, but it is also very difficult to determine what the persons tone is with the swear and what they really mean online(if they are joking).

shains likes this.
  18. KlutchDecals

KlutchDecals The Real Ironman Elder

Meep is amazing how it is. =]