1. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  2. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  3. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Accepted Zoyt12

Discussion in 'Ban and Mute Appeals Archive' started by Zoyt12, Jun 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zoyt12

Zoyt12 New Meeper

Member Name Zoyt12

Additional In Game Names: Zoyt12

When you were banned: 1:14 on June 6th

Reason for ban: "towny theft"

Ban Length: 2 days

Staff member who issued ban: BaM_Nitro

Why we should consider your appeal: In the first place, I hadn't even done the crime myself. A friend (DaBows) had gotten on my computer and done it. I had messaged PA4Justice (who owned the town) about it and said that I would return the material, but she hadn't gotten online since the crime happened.

However, when another member of the town reported me (who I don't remember the name of), I sorted most of it out. I had to go in the middle of the process, and said I'd return in 10 minutes. When I got back, I messaged xtJunior and BaM_Nitro that I was back online. The user who reported me came back and we finished sorting out the issue. He said himself, that he was satisfied and that we resolved the situation.

However, as I was just minding my own business, BaM_Nitro banned me, probably without consulting the user who reported me.

Please give any other information you might think is useful for us to know: Helpers on this server need to be *much* more careful about randomly banning people. I've heard horror stories form other users also about being banned for things they didn't do. It really does deter people who wish to play on the server or plan to donate (like me).

2. CyborgZeroX

CyborgZeroX -=Retired Staff Member=- Elder

So, your friend was on your computer? on your account?

3. Zoyt12

Zoyt12 New Meeper

@XChaosZeroX Yes, I accidentally left it on. However, that isn't the matter -- either way, the ban was unreasonable, since I did what they asked of me.

4. CyborgZeroX

CyborgZeroX -=Retired Staff Member=- Elder

Your account is you own responsibility, The ban was reasonable it was your account that broke this rule.

GroovyGrevous and CreeperCristi like this.
  5. Zoyt12

Zoyt12 New Meeper

@XChaosZeroX I get that part with my account being my responsibility, and I agree, but I satisfied what the helper asked for. He told me to give his stuff back, or I'll be banned. I gave the guy back his stuff, and a bit more thank he asked (since I couldn't find everything), so I don't get why I was still banned. At least can you message BaM_Nitro for me and ask him if he knew that I finished giving the user back his stuff?

6. xtJunior

xtJunior Unknown Vigilante

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.