1. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  2. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  3. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Remove /t join

Discussion in 'Denied' started by MeGustaYou, Jan 18, 2015.

1. Lilliya

Lilliya Celebrity Meeper

2. CanadianH0b0

CanadianH0b0 Popular Meeper

-1 for me it makes randoms aloud to join your town and you may not want them to join your town

metr0n0me likes this.
  3. IGotBored

IGotBored Celebrity Meeper

This says remove /t join
    /t join is the only reason random people can join your town
    We're trying to remove this
    Read

Anyways, I'm a total +1. The biggest argument I see is about inactivity (sleep and tz and all that). It's not all that difficult to reach out to a friend or trusted resident in a different timezone and run a town like this. I feel like everyone's just against the added amount of effort running a town would take.

chaos546 and Dwizzle4269 like this.
  4. CanadianH0b0

CanadianH0b0 Popular Meeper

Well turn your town to a private town if you dont want them to join ????

5. metr0n0me

metr0n0me Legendary Meeper

I am telling you guys that this isn't the solution. The problem will shift from being broke, homeless players wandering in the wild to homeless players wandering in the wild. A lot of times, mayors of open towns have instructions posted at the town spawn, so all the new player needs to do is ask: "How do I get to my town?" and they're on their way. This really doesn't fix anything at all. I think you guys need to be a bit more careful in what you ask for, because many mayors don't take the time to add people to their town, especially at odd hours at night. THIS IS NOT THE SOLUTION. I feel like Cassandra and the Trojan Horse here; PLEASE deny this.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jan 18, 2015, Original Post Date: Jan 18, 2015 ---
    This isn't the problem. The problem is people turning their town to public, setting the taxes ridiculously high, and advertising like hell, so new players get tricked and join the towns.

LadyCassandra and CanadianH0b0 like this.
  6. OneBreadSlice

OneBreadSlice Celebrity Meeper

I see both sides of this argument.

Players are being scammed out of their money, so let's remove the ability for them to freely join towns.

However, it's a lot easier to have people do /t join than to personally invite everyone. As long as you leave plots open, I can see /t join being beneficial.

It's all about how the power is used, +/-.

7. Hornemans

Hornemans God of Meebles

Yes, removing /t join would mean that every player would have to be invited by a mayor or whomever, BUT that will not change anything else that is trying to be solved by removing the option (cause the sign is not the problem its the rules)! In fact, what would happen is the opposite outcome of what you are trying to do! By removing the /t join option, the current 100's of players that join a town EVERY DAY (using that option) will NOT all get invited by anyone! Instead they will run around town spawn for 10 mins and log off cause no one added them to a town and NEVER come back! So removing the sign is like cutting off one of your legs! I mean, personally it dont' matter to me if we want to cut a leg off of towny, cause i'll just buy myself one of those fancy wheelchairs that i can control with my brain and be just fine. In the end im sure the staff will make a decision base on no facts thinking they are doing whats best when only time will tell. Do it! Don't do it! Meh!
    I love when players quote their "feelings" about a topic! Feelings don't' mean anything, its cold hard facts! Your right players will leave the server if they don't get what they want in a timely manner, which included being added to a town. So when they can't simply /t join a town they will just leave cause they could not figure out what to do and no one helped them. The will NOT always be an assistant on or someone to /t add them! I sit in aplha spawn all day and see AT LEAST 50+ please spamming the sign 3 ore more times (over the course of about 30 mins). Guess what, 1/2 of those players are already in a town when I /res them, and those mayors don't have a /t join sign and still seems like they are treating their residents pretty badly!
    This seems more like its a problem with the taxes then the the signs? I agree with you, the signs are not the problem its the taxes, causing players to be kicked from town before they can possible get their chance at a nice meeplife. Solving that problem is the answer not forcing everyone just to not have taxes!
    Again with peoples "feelings" and "guessing" I have yet seen ANYONE post any proof that people are being tricked or scammed or anything of that nature. I mean if we are blaming the /t join sign for players not know taxes before they join, then by default ANYONE that has EVER /t add a player that clicked the sign is CLEARLY in the same WRONG DOING GROUP for not telling that player the tax rate and explaining everything before they were added to town!
    I was not going to quote this cause there is nothing FOR or AGAINST this topic! I mean come to think of it in the last year of meep you have been ban for 9 months because you can't follow the rules, AND out of your last 70 posts 69 of them were 100% trolls! Good luck!
    I agree In a "perfect" world this would be ideal, but its never going to happen based on shear FACTS. Out of the 1000 new players the log on to meep every day, only like 10% probably less with actually stay longer then 1 hour. Out of that 10% only 1/2 or less will stay and play on meepcraft and most likely by ranks. Why? cause the 90% that don't say don't read signs big or small, don't reply to /msg even when you spam them, and barely reply when you run around and jump up and down in their face! There is not enough time in the day for mayors/assistants/whomever to personally interact on the "dream" level that people want! How, would we fix this? Easy, some kind of "plotme" feature would work nicely that give them a plot in that town and sets their /home for them (If town did not have any Open Plots for sale they can't get new residents)!
    A bandaid is not going to stop you from dying!
    Long (check), rude (check), sarcastic (check), pockets filled (double check), ruining experiences (Only Yours)...

Owen Powell likes this.
  8. le gooboy

le gooboy Popular Meeper

slows the process :)

leodavinci9000 likes this.
  9. Old_Pink

Old_Pink Celebrity Meeper

Yeah, and isn't it funny how I care more about the success of the server than you do. With my 40+ bans on record I would never scam new players like you do.

leodavinci9000 and le gooboy like this.
  10. le gooboy

le gooboy Popular Meeper

old_pink is a blue collared criminal (always gets arrested)
    hornemans is a white collared criminal
    (secretly scams money and never gets caught)
    :D

11. Old_Pink

I mean, he's been defended by certain people with pull inside staff before...

le gooboy likes this.
  12. Ulfsaar221

Ulfsaar221 Well-Known Meeper

-1 No, stop trying to bring down horneburg,

13. chaos546

chaos546 Canadian Forums Stalker

This makes the most sense to me, but I'm not going to accept or deny this suggestion myself. It doesn't really affect me; yes, I have SALAD, an open town, but we have no tax and I prefer to have myself or an assistant on in order to give a player a plot and show them the ropes anyways.

MeGustaYou likes this.
  14. GroovyGrevous

GroovyGrevous Break hearts not blocks

+1 reasons above

15. Deinen

Deinen S'all Good Man

As irrational as this seems to be, I think every idea to solve this issue thus far is irrational. I particularly really like this idea, because even without an open town, you can still recruit hundreds and hundreds of players. I did with Lakewood, and having to invite inherently made a system where most new residents immediately got plots, and began learning about MeepCraft, towny.

16. CyborgZeroX

CyborgZeroX -=Retired Staff Member=- Elder

+1 Reasons above

17. MCRichHuey

MCRichHuey Celebrity Meeper

Simple solution to /t join is this:

You must be STANDING WITHIN THE TOWN to use the /t join command, and it will only work to join you to that town. Even better would be if it only worked in the town spawn block, and it was required to have signs in that block listing the town taxes, rules, etc.

18. Hornemans

Hornemans God of Meebles

Hah.... not even 24 hours after i posted this you are BAN yet again! Yeah, everyone take advice from this "smart" guy that knows all about the rules and how to follow them! lololololololololol

19. Old_Pink

Appealed and took a whole 18 minutes for it to be accepted :)

20. funkyrainbows

funkyrainbows Double Rainbow

Under consideration.
    I think this would work, but just with 0 resident tax. This would mean players can't be scammed just by typing /t join.

Grandblue likes this.