1. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  2. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  3. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Gay Rights

Discussion in 'Debates' started by scoowby, May 7, 2014.

1. Ranger0203

Ranger0203 Celebrity Meeper

That just worsens the problem.

2. Skaros123

Skaros123 Otaku Wooden Hoe

Not really. There are areas with unisex bathrooms and there's been no problems there.

3. Ranger0203

Ranger0203 Celebrity Meeper

I haven't heard of these areas (perhaps part of the 'not a problem'), but all of the unisex bathrooms I know of are either single stalled (so only one person at a time), or next to both a boy's and a girl's room.

4. Fangdragon1998

Fangdragon1998 Queen of the Nubs, La Elite Dragoness, Kæri On!

I think I agree with this, but I don't think that's the point I was making.
    I was trying to ask, I think, who is in the wrong:
    Me, asking someone to stop a behavior I find uncomfortable (to make myself more comfortable), or them, who are continuing a behavior they find comfortable but are aware makes me uncomfortable?

Of course, I agree.

TheDebatheist and metr0n0me like this.
  5. Supreme_Overlord

Supreme_Overlord Popular Meeper

What if a creepy/pedophilic adult decides to go into the bathroom for kids? I don't think that forcing parents to send their kids into a separate bathroom from themselves is a very good idea.

Fangdragon1998 likes this.
  6. Splendy

Splendy Celebrity Meeper

Obviously with younger children the parents would be able to go in with them and for the older kids that would go to the loo by themselves any ways the same could be said about that circumstance.

7. CluelessKlutz

CluelessKlutz Badmin

I only feel it necessary to comment here because of the many statements made that use the Bible as a justification for anti-gay sentiments. That is one thing I cannot stand more than anything else, as it seems most people only read part of the Bible, then only use that part to support their argument. For everyone who quotes it on this matter, allow me to present Matthew 7:1-5
    7 “Do not judge, or you too will be judged. 2 For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.

3 “Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother’s eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? 4 How can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? 5 You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye."
    In the end, your beliefs on this matter are between you and God. I have no right to condem anyone for what they believe, so why do you? I will personally argue against any Christian who believes it should be illegal. After all, it's not as if they're forcing you to believe in it, just that they should be treated with the same respect you'd give to anyone else.
    Regarding the comparison that the Bible supports slavery, let me remind you of an aspect about the time of its creation. In Jewish culture, no one was born a slave. Nor we're they a paticular race or religion. Most slaves were captives of war or someone who had sold themselves into it. In addition, all slaves would be freed every seven years. This contrasts drastically with the slavery practiced in the 1850's.

Fangdragon1998 likes this.
  8. TheDebatheist

TheDebatheist Popular Meeper

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Bible_and_homosexuality
    • "You shall not lie with a male as with a woman; it is an abomination." Chapter 18 verse 22
    • "If a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination; they shall surely be put to death; their blood is upon them." Chapter 20 verse 13
    I'll be as candid as I can here mate. Please don't do this. You're a much better person, than to use apologetics to defend slavery.It's okay to admit that the Bible isn't perfect, even if you believe in the Christian god.

I'm more than willing to talk about slavery in the Bible. Why I find it so repulsive, along with the passages in which it is clearly condoned. But I'd like to offer the off-ramp here. We can just admit that slavery is reprehensible, and be done with this particular topic.

Defending slavery is beneath you, and I know that. Almost everyone that's seen you in these forums knows that. Let's not waste time on slavery -- recognizing that the book is not absolutely perfect.

alex77034 likes this.
  9. CluelessKlutz

CluelessKlutz Badmin

Allow me to explain, I never argued the Bible approves of homosexuality, more that even if you live by its guidelines, you are not to judge another for what they believe. The idea something you feel is wrong should be illegal, though it does not harm anyone (such as murder or theft), is indeed wrong in itself. If I'm sitting on a bench, and a gay comes and sits down next to me, am I not supposed to treat them with the same respect I would give if anyone else (assuming I didn't know any of them; it is natural to have more or less respect for a person if you know them personally) were in their place?

Last edited: Jun 17, 2016
  10. scoowby

scoowby Celebrity Meeper

Necro

Erebus45 and MoonlitMadness like this.
  11. buttfly29

buttfly29 Popular Meeper

I agree with this statement.
    greatly said.

12. scoowby

scoowby Celebrity Meeper

If you saw a gay couple kissing what would you do?

13. buttfly29

buttfly29 Popular Meeper

don't start with me.

14. Kling

Kling Break blocks not hearts

15. BlackJack

BlackJack Celebrity Meeper

If you saw a gay couple kissing what would you do?

It's a legitimate question.

16. WeAreNumberUno

WeAreNumberUno Celebrity Meeper

Pls justify??

Sigh this section was so much better when debathiest was here.

17. builderjunkie012

builderjunkie012 Celebrity Meeper

Same thing as what I'd do with a straight couple. Get a room

Aarett and WeAreNumberUno like this.
  18. fasehed

fasehed Celebrity Meeper

Would you also like to make people missing limbs illegal because it's not natural? See gay people literally look away.

19. kwagscraft

kwagscraft Celebrity Meeper

Prove it buddy. I need the context clues that this might be an allegory for something, because from reading it this verse just sounds like it is a statement made in pure, threatening vitriol to the Babylonians.

WeAreNumberUno likes this.
  20. Achrow

Achrow Celebrity Meeper Staff Member Architect

my view on Gay rights Is that they should be equal to everyone else and if a religion can't accept it why should they accept their religion? hmmmm?