1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Best Posts in Thread: o0SpiderCat0o's Helper Applications

1. Netrarc

Netrarc Popular Meeper

Welcome to Meepcraft! I noticed in-game that you joined the server a little less than a month ago, and I'm glad you enjoy the server well enough to want to help. There are many ways you can do this: become active on the forums so that you can learn about the server's culture and rules, then use that knowledge to help others by answering questions on the forums. You can become active in game and apply your learning by answering questions in /shout. Finally, you can use Teamspeak to learn more about the other players and become known in the community.

So far, however, you have done none of these things. You joined the forum today, and this application is your first forum post. I have never seen you in-game or on Teamspeak. It is safe to say that you have a lot to learn about this community before you can serve well as a staff member.

With regard to your application, there are a few things that need attention:

When you become active in game or read about the staff on the forums, you will noticed that there are four staff positions: Helper, Moderator, Supermod, and Admin. Before becoming a moderator, you must prove your willingness to help; this is done by applying to become a Helper and fulfilling the functions of that position. Only after you have proven yourself as a helper may you apply to become a mod.

I really can't tell which case you are attempting to make here, but these types of political statements have no place here. Meepcraft is a game: let's keep it light. Try to avoid taking political positions that usually lead to arguments and strife.

Staff interviews are conducted via Teamspeak, and verbal Teamspeak activity is a big part of the staff position. Don't be too hasty to dismiss it as a requirement until you've fully understood it's usefulness.

As a staff member, you will be asked to mediate arguments, to hear both sides of a story, and to try to find the truth of a matter. If you dismiss your argumentative nature as "part of who I am" you seem to be saying that you aren't willing to change. That position is not compatible with the requirements of staff.

You had time to write your application at your own pace, but you still could not decide whether we should worry or not. Will you have as much trouble making decisions and choosing the right path when quick responses are required?

I do not think that you are ready to become a staff member at this time. However, if you take time to become a part of the community, to learn about us and to let us learn about you, and work on the maturity issues, you may one day be ready to try again.

-1 for now.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2013