1. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  2. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  3. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Discussion in 'Denied' started by Landonator419, Feb 23, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Landonator419

Landonator419 Celebrity Meeper

Do not go to 1.9. It is a worse idea than making a minecraft PE server. For pvp a diamond hoe will be better than a sword and it is just complete junk.

FunGUY likes this.
  2. iiTzJDL

iiTzJDL Legendary Meeper

it'll ruin pvp?

+999999999 update to 1.9 as soon as it comes out

3. andrewrobins

andrewrobins My views are my own.

What about people that don't pvp? should the other benefits of 1.9 be held back because pvpers are being selfish?

4. n00bslayer_99

n00bslayer_99 i like kebab

1.9 Has so many cool features. I agree with andrew, you want us to just not have those because pvpers want to just point and click rather than update with everyone else? ok

marshallmafers likes this.
  5. SX1

SX1 Celebrity Meeper

Couldn't we just tweak the pvp stuff to the older style, and still update to 1.9?

6. marshallmafers

marshallmafers Celebrity Meeper

The server doesn't revolve around players who only PVP. I understand that ''PVP'' will be ruined in the aspect of updating to 1.9, but this shouldn't be the only reason. 1.9 has tons of new features, shields, duel wielding, new End, new Ender Dragon fight, new potions . . . http://minecraft.gamepedia.com/1.9

If 1.9 comes out on Feb 25th, it doesn't mean that Meep is automatically going to update to it. It could be months, if not half a year before it updates. And that's even if Fuzzlr does decide to update the server to 1.9.

Even if, I'm sure the weapons could be tweaked so they don't have the cool down, if not, then damn. I guess you guys will have to learn how to adapt to change.

7. Muunkee

Muunkee Legendary art supply hoarder

Change is scary, and therefore should not happen.

PeriHeika and TNT404 like this.
  8. Chickenator

Chickenator Popular Meeper

You can disable the sword cool down as a server

FunGUY likes this.
  9. marshallmafers

marshallmafers Celebrity Meeper

[​IMG]

Pmx728 likes this.
  10. Muunkee

And you dont know why I don't like you.

BooBear1227 likes this.
  11. TNT404

TNT404 Popular Meeper

PVP has been broken for like 2 years

FunGUY likes this.
  12. Shellcode

Shellcode Celebrity Meeper

It will be a while before Meep could be updated to 1.9 anyways because the server doesn't run the standard Minecraft server and the program it runs on as well as the mods have to be updated and tested before its even thought of to move the entire public server to 1.9 but i'm also in agreement with the fact that 1.9 brings a lot of cool features to Minecraft including useful things for PvP like duel wielding and shields.

13. ToonMichaela

ToonMichaela Celebrity Meeper

meep is just gonna update cuz no one cares about pvp.... also...

Please wait 1 year with making another thread about this since it will take That long before meep is running on 1.9.

14. Toostenheimer

Toostenheimer Legendary Meeper

For all I know, this could be because he still wants to PvP without 1.9 "ruining" it.

15. BlueXGhost :D

BlueXGhost :D Celebrity Meeper

YES :O

Since when?

16. iiTzJDL

iiTzJDL Legendary Meeper

since 2 years ago???

FunGUY, Toostenheimer and Draqq like this.
  17. legendcaleb

legendcaleb Celebrity Meeper

It's not change, more likely it is a complete abolishment to an established community.

You are not only changing the dynamic of pvp, you were completely rewriting it in a different way. Imagine you have practiced piano and you've gotten really good at it. All of the sudden, the government sends out a mandate that traditional pianos are no longer going to be produced, and instead a completely different instrument will take its place and will call itself a piano. The "pvp" of 1.9 and the current pvp are not like terms. You cannot compare two separately different things and call them an upgrade or a change, it just does not make sense.

MY PLAN
    I'm going to list the bad things with pvp and how you can fix them (I'll also include an expected response and my answer to it)

Click timer
    There's a click timer that basically makes it so you can't kill players or zombies at a reasonable wait. Instead you must wait up to 1-2 seconds before actually dealing a significant. All other hits in between are no more helpful than a fist punch

But Caleb, that means people can't just click fast to be good!

Okay first of all, I don't even click fast, I actually click a normal rate that most people find average. And clickspeed isn't what makes people good, even though it's common for people to assume so. Sure, clicking faster may improve when your click packet gets accepted by the server, but it's just an added advantage, it doesn't really help too much.

Okay so well maybe people want a fresh start and a new way to pvp. This actually sounds really fun! Everyone would be equal!

Perhaps a new start is a good thing, but this isn't the way to go. This just makes gameplay boring, and it hinders the full potential that pvp can be used for. In real fast-paced combat, do you wait a couple seconds between your swords strikes, or are you striking fast enough to block your opponent for becoming too offensive? It's basic knowledge. This is a step into RPG-type gamestyle, and if I wanted to do that I'd go somewhere else

'Lingering Potions'
    I'm still pretty neutral on this idea but to be honest it's kind of OP. You could just splash a health lingering and when you're low walk into it.

But it would save money for noobs who can't buy regular splash!

And ruin the potion market

Potion dipped Arrows
    Really mojang? Let's put poison on a bow and bow spam people until they die!

yeah actually you're right

FIXES:
    Click timer:
    Remove it completely, there should be a way to do so I'm pretty sure

Lingering Potions:
    Remove

Potion dipped:
    Remove/nerf

There are other reasons why I hate 1.9 but the update brings a lot of new cool things and it's a shame to have it be of waste due to all these dumb pvp changes

FunGUY and Pmx728 like this.
  18. Muunkee

My post was sarcasm >.<

FunGUY likes this.
  19. legendcaleb

legendcaleb Celebrity Meeper

http://minecraft.gamepedia.com/1.8
    --- Double Post Merged, Feb 24, 2016, Original Post Date: Feb 24, 2016 ---
    No I get what you meant by your post, you thought we were just afraid of change, but the reality is what is in my post (That's what you meant right?)

20. TNT404

TNT404 Popular Meeper

since it instead went from being about killing your enemy to breaking their armor

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.