1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

1.9/1.10 Guide by Peero

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by Peero, Aug 20, 2016.

1. Peero

Peero Celebrity Meeper

So we all know Meep is updating to 1.10, but from what I've seen, more than half of us have very little or no idea what is in 1.10. So I made a little guide with the major things from 1.10 (and 1.9) that everyone should know. Let's start:

The Treasure Enchantments

Two new enchantments were added in 1.9. These can only be achieved from fishing, villager trading, having a mob drop them on an armor piece or in loot chests in the End City Dungeons. They cannot be gotten by enchantment table. The two enchantments are:

Mending - If you have this on a tool or armor piece, it will repair the armor using experience orbs. It is slightly confusing the way this is done. Everytime you absorb an experience orb, it turns the orb into durability, instead of going to your levels. If all your items that have mending are repaired, the exp will go to your levels. In order to have your things repaired, you have to be holding the tool in your hand or off hand, or wearing the armor. It will randomly choose between armor or tools if you have them both equipped. Notice: It will only repair stuff items with the enchant on it. It also has only 1 level.

Frost Walker - Frost Walker has two levels. It goes on your boots and only your boots. Let's say you had boots with Frost Walker on them, when you walked over water, the water would turn to ice. If exposed to a light source (torch, sun, lantern etc.) it will slowly break (breaking animation shown). It can be kept permanent if kept in the dark and not exposed to light. Only the layer below you will be ice. Frost Walker 2 just gives a bigger area of ice than Frost Walker 1.

The Elytra and End Revamps

Not only was the End revamped, but many new blocks and the Elytra were added.

Elytra - The Elytra is an item that goes on your chest piece. It basically acts as a glider. If you were to jump off a mountain or cliff and tapped your jump button, it will enable the elytra. This will glide you to, and depending on your angle, will lower you fast or slow. It loses 1 durability per one second while in the air (I think) and can be repaired with leather. To find this item, it is in the End City Dimension (which I will talk about later) on a structure that looks like a floating ship. It is in an item frame near the back.

Ender Dragon Fight - The Ender Dragon can now be resummoned using 4 End Crystals (which are now craftable). You have to place them evenly spaced out from one another on the end portal in the End. Once this is done, they will repair all the End Tower and spawn the dragon. The Dragon now breathes purple fire, which can be bottled up for Dragon's Breath. It is shown as purple particles and will damage you if you walk into it. The Dragon will also sometimes "nest" at the end portal where you can only melee attack it. The egg will only spawn once however, which is the first time you kill it.

End City Dimension - The End City Dimension is an exspansion to the End. After killing the Dragon, a small bedrock structure with an end portal inside it will appear. It will be floating in the air on the outskirts of the island. If you throw an enderpearl inside the portal, you will be tped to the End City Dimension. Within this dimension there are structures, chorus plants/flowers and many End islands. The structures are a tower-like building and the ship where the elytra is. In these structures there are lots of good loot, and the shulkers (which I will explain later). I will also explain the Chorus plants later. The End islands spawn endermen but cannot spawn the ender dragon. To leave, just throw another enderpearl into the Bedrock structure (which spawns when you enter the End City Dimension)

Chorus Fruit and Flowers - These are basically trees in the End. They spawn all over the End City Dimensions, and when broken drop Chorus Fruit and Chorus Flowers. The flowers are used as seeds or saplings or these plants. The Fruit can be eaten, and when eaten, will restore 2 hunger bars and teleport you to a random nearby area. They can also be smelted in order to get popped Chorus fruit, which is used to craft purpur.

Purpur - Purpur comes in different forms. Block, pillar, slab and stairs. It is crafted using popped chorus fruit as I mentioned previously. They are only used as decoration a the moment, and they are what the structures in the End City Dimension are made of.

End Rods - End Rods are small, thin white rods. They give off a firework-like particle affect and also give off light. They are also only used as decoration and lighting. They spawn naturally in End City Structures and can be crafted with a popped chorus fruit and a blaze rod.

Shulkers - Shulkers spawn within End City Structures. They appear as purple blocks and when a player get close will open. Inside is a little guy that shoots projectiles. These projectiles do 2 hearts of damage and will give the player the Levitation affect. This affect will levitate the player upwards until it disappears (after 10 seconds). The player will drop and take fall damage if they are high enough. They drop 5 experience.

New 1.10 Blocks

Four new blocks were added in 1.10. The bone block, magma block, red netherbrick block and the netherwart block.

Bone Block - This is crafted using 9 bonemeal in a 3 x 3 crafting bench, and can be turn back into bonemeal. It can also be found naturally in underground structures called fossils.

Magma Block - These are found in the Nether near lava lakes, and will deal damage to the player when they step on them. If you shift, have frost walker or have fire resistance on, they will deal no damage. It can be crafted with 4 magma cream.

Red Netherbrick - This block is basically netherbrick, but red (who would've guessed!). It is crafted by 2 netherwart and 2 netherbrick in a checkerboard pattern.

Netherwart Block - A block that is crafted by 9 netherwart in a 3 x 3 crafting bench. Unlike bone blocks however, it cannot be crafted back into netherwart.

New 1.10 Mobs

Three new mobs were added in 1.10. Polar Bears, Strays and Husks.

Polar Bear - They spawn in Ice biomes, often times with a cub. They are passive unless you get near the cub, then they will attack. They drop raw fish and salmon.

Stray - Also spawns in Ice Biomes, it is a skeleton-like mob. When it shoots you with an arrow, it will give you the slowness effect for 30 seconds. They will also sometimes drop a tipped arrow of slowness, bones and regular arrows.

Husk - They spawn in the desert, and is a zombie-like mob. When they attack you, you will get the hunger effect. They drop rotten flesh.

Extra Facts -
    -Endermen now have a rare chance of spawning in the Nether
    -Gold is now very common in mesa biomes
    -Mobs can no longer spawn on redstone
    -Enchanted Golden Apples are no longer craftable
    -Boats are now fixed and can hold up to 2 people or mobs

And that's all for the guide. Obviously this isn't everything added in the update (that will take very long to do) but this is what I think is the most important things. If there are any typos or inaccuracies, please let me know and I will correct them. Also, I did not add in the timed hits because I think just about everyone knows what it is.

If you are still confused on something, feel free to google it or watch a video on youtube. If you are still confused, inbox me and I can try to help.

Also if you think I missed something important (which I most likely did) let me know and I can add it in.

Thanks for reading!

-Peero

Last edited: Aug 21, 2016
  2. PseudoGod

PseudoGod Celebrity Meeper

Don't forget: 1.9 doesn't let you craft Enchanted Golden Apples anymore.

New Combat mechanics (which suck, but are in place unless admins disabled it)

http://minecraft.gamepedia.com/1.9

Peero likes this.
  3. Peero

Peero Celebrity Meeper

I'll add in the golden apples, but I mentioned the combat mechanics at the end. I'm not gonna talk about it because I think most people know about it and I don't understand it enough to give a in-depth explanation.

SpongeyStar likes this.
  4. Mjs6000

Mjs6000 Popular Meeper

Love it that you made this for those lazy people who clearly, unlike you have not either looked it up or paid attention! At the same time a bit of me is annoyed that people now easily understand the change! Thanks though piro, great post and idea!

Pmx728 and Peero like this.
  5. Peero

Peero Celebrity Meeper

Thanks, I just couldn't read anymore posts of people saying that they didn't know something obvious.
    --- Double Post Merged, Aug 20, 2016, Original Post Date: Aug 20, 2016 ---
    Added a little bit more information.

SpongeyStar and Mjs6000 like this.
  6. SpongeyStar

SpongeyStar Professor in Wumbology

Great guide :D

7. cooey

cooey Legendary Meeper

THANK YOU,
    now i dont have to go find the wiki

8. Peero

Peero Celebrity Meeper

Ty
    --- Double Post Merged, Aug 20, 2016, Original Post Date: Aug 20, 2016 ---
    Yw

SpongeyStar likes this.
  9. Selchie

Selchie Celebrity Meeper

I can finally be Jesus and walk on water.

10. spartanfighter12

spartanfighter12 Popular Meeper

Mending is found in armor in the end dimension very commonly. You also need a dragon head to summon the dragon but other than that it looks fine. But it should only be called 1.10 guide as the 1.9 features of combat weren't even included

CluelessKlutz and Peero like this.
  11. Peero

Peero Celebrity Meeper

You are right about the armor, but you don't need a dragon head. Also, at the end I mentioned that I won't be talking about combat changes cause I don't really understand them myself and also I'm sure most people know the basics of them.

CluelessKlutz likes this.
  12. spartanfighter12

I've summoned dragons before, everytime I needed a dragon head

13. Peero

Peero Celebrity Meeper

Check again cause I just looked it up on the minecraft wiki:
    http://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Ender_Dragon
    Literally says you only need 4 ender crystals.

14. spartanfighter12

Alright well my survival world is broken then