1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Staff App - DJ Getti

Discussion in 'Accepted' started by Djgetti, Jul 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Djgetti

Djgetti Celebrity Meeper

ign: DJGetti

Teamspeak: DJ Getti

In game hours (weekday) 7 hr-daily

In game hours (weekend) 6 hr daily

Introduction: Well It's like this, I'm always online, I'm always answering questions in chat, I believe in being active in a community and thats what I do, anytime somebody needs something I go above and beyond to make it happen, even if it means giving something dear to me, thats just how I was raised... I'm 29 years old with 3 kids, I can handle responsibility and have my head on my shoulders... having 3 kids definitely has its situations that require you to think rationally and quickly.

Why: I run servers, nothing public but I always mess around on my test server and know every command, I'm currently enrolled at Midlands Tech College for computer programming and understand code inside and out. I can type extremely fast and can quickly answer questions. sometimes when you join a game you enjoy building houses and such but I've turned my attention more to my community, and I'm very active around Valens Town... I'm sure if you asked any of my friends they'd agree, I'm confident I would serve your team well.

Traits I bring: #1, honesty. with out that where's the staff moral, #2 respect.. I never step on toes and believe in chain of command... #3 Dedication.. Everything I have in life, I received it myself. and I push myself to complete all task laid upon me.

Conclusion:
    I'm not applying for popularity, in my eyes i'm already popular with my peers, I'm applying to be apart of something bigger and to help build a community with positive assistance.

Weaknesses:I need to work more on forum post, I sometimes get annoyed with immaturity but I keep it to myself.
    *Please be aware requirements are: Skype/Forum/Game/Teamspeak(with mic) activity. +1

*If your application is denied, you must wait 2 weeks to re-apply. +1

plus.... I like Waffles

Last edited: Jul 25, 2013
    Tasmiki, Nman830 and savvvy420 like this.
  2. Serphina91

Serphina91 Popular Meeper

First thing I noticed before even reading the application was that this was your first forum post! Though I do like how you admitted at the end that you need more forum posts, I believe you should've done that before applying. That way more people can see your qualities. Not only do you have to be active in game but I believe that a player should be active via the forums as well. That way, you are open to the community.

I haven't seen you in game but I can't judge that that means that you don't play much. I'll just have to take your word

You follow all the requirements which is nice and you also put a lot of work into the application.

"I can type extremely fast and can quickly answer questions" Well it doesn't really matter how fast you answer the question. It isn't a race to see who can answer it first. It's more of the higher detailed answer that people want.

Keep working on your posts on the forums and I wish you luck :D

sinisterweapon7 and Djgetti like this.
  3. Djgetti

Djgetti Celebrity Meeper

Thank you for your feedback Serphina91, I agree that is something I will definitely work on, with this being the new forums, i haven't really had that chance to browse the forums, Very good point though and I know its something I could work on.

As for the response to having the ability to type fast, I didn't so much mean racing to answer the question, I meant more about with the conversation to a user with a modreq, I could carry on the conversation in a timely matter between the user in /msg.

Again thank you for your feedback as it is always welcomed.

Serphina91 likes this.
  4. Epicdude141

Epicdude141 Celebrity Meeper

Until you get active on the forums.

5. Nara_Visa

Nara_Visa Celebrity Meeper

Wait, We can post on staff apps now?

6. savvvy420

savvvy420 Popular Meeper

I like you application. I think that you're forum post could use improvement, but you in game activity is great. You are on almost every time I'm on, and I see you helping out in chat and on TS. I think that you having kids will be an advantage to you helping deal with the issues at hand. The majority of our server is children under the age of 15. You have a great understanding of what is needed of you as staff. And knowing the commands is a plus. I am all for you getting an interview +1

Serphina91 and Djgetti like this.
  7. Skaros123

Skaros123 Otaku Wooden Hoe

Yes, but posts on applications must be constructive. No posts that are 1 word long like +1

8. Djgetti

Djgetti Celebrity Meeper

:confused: Are we still accepting apps at this time? Just looking for an update.

9. TheIronSquirel

TheIronSquirel Celebrity Meeper

-0 Would like to see more forum activity.
    Good luck to you!

10. Nman830

Nman830 Celebrity Meeper

I rarely see you in game or on forums. Please spend more time on ./shout in game and on forums! I wish you luck!
    +0

11. Djgetti

Djgetti Celebrity Meeper

ya'll must be over looking me, i'm in game all day long constantly answering questions and talking in shout, i practically live in teamspeak and i've really given a lot of effort in the forums the past few days... i guess i should go buy a orange construction hat so you can see me around lol. Read savvvy's comment she sees me online all the time and helping in chat.

savvvy420 likes this.
  12. the_sexy_ninja

the_sexy_ninja Popular Meeper

Yes, you guys probably don't see him much, due to the time he plays. He is online usually in the middle of the night, and pretty active in /shout. You are very sociable, and very active in TeamSpeak. I understand you, about the new forums part. I, myself, am still getting used to the new forums, and will continue to post, as I get more used to the new forums. I know you respect most people, and I have talked to you quite a bit, in-game (Especially when you lost your town :p ) and on TeamSpeak. +1 for interview :D

Djgetti likes this.
  13. Woddorl

Woddorl Popular Meeper

Solid application, they'd be crazy not to take you even if no one knew you at all.

Djgetti likes this.
  14. Tasmiki

Tasmiki Celebrity Meeper

I have never seen DJgetti get annoyed or angry with anything, he is very calm and for some reason I can see him being a brilliant staff member. +1

Djgetti likes this.
  15. 00000

00000 Guest

ign: DJGetti

Teamspeak: DJ Getti

In game hours (weekday) 7 hr-daily

In game hours (weekend) 6 hr daily

Introduction: Well It's like this, I'm always online, I'm always answering questions in chat, I believe in being active in a community and thats what I do, anytime somebody needs something I go above and beyond to make it happen, even if it means giving something dear to me, thats just how I was raised... I'm 29 years old with 3 kids, I can handle responsibility and have my head on my shoulders... having 3 kids definitely has its situations that require you to think rationally and quickly.

I see your point. You would be a good staff member if this is true.

Why: I run servers, nothing public but I always mess around on my test server and know every command, I'm currently enrolled at Midlands Tech College for computer programming and understand code inside and out. I can type extremely fast and can quickly answer questions. sometimes when you join a game you enjoy building houses and such but I've turned my attention more to my community, and I'm very active around Valens Town... I'm sure if you asked any of my friends they'd agree, I'm confident I would serve your team well.

Yes, you would.

Traits I bring: #1, honesty. with out that where's the staff moral, #2 respect.. I never step on toes and believe in chain of command... #3 Dedication.. Everything I have in life, I received it myself. and I push myself to complete all task laid upon me.

There's no way to know yet.

Conclusion:
    I'm not applying for popularity, in my eyes i'm already popular with my peers, I'm applying to be apart of something bigger and to help build a community with positive assistance.

You're not popular on MeepCraft. this doesn't matter however

Weaknesses:I need to work more on forum post, I sometimes get annoyed with immaturity but I keep it to myself.
    It seems like I always have to point it out :D

savvvy420 likes this.
  16. 00000

00000 Guest

17. Djgetti

Djgetti Celebrity Meeper

Was I approved for an interview?

18. Woddorl

Woddorl Popular Meeper

One of the admin have to come around to decide on a bunch of people. Waiting a week used to be the norm, sometimes less sometimes longer.

Djgetti likes this.
  19. Djgetti

Djgetti Celebrity Meeper

Thank you, I didn't know... :-/

20. The_Squirrelman

The_Squirrelman Popular Meeper

First, your app. It was a tad short in length, and your content was lacking in some places, but otherwise, I like the relevant content displaying your skill sets, and your attitude towards the job. You're in teamspeak, interacting via voice in the community, and you come off as a kind, yet principled feller. I honestly would like you to be more involved on the forums and in game with the community, but other than that, I remember your attitude in MN trying to help out the staff, and I think that's what we need. +0.4

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.