1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

BooBear1227's Helper Application

Discussion in 'Accepted' started by BooBear1227, Nov 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BooBear1227

BooBear1227 Sunflower | Always

In Game Name: BooBear1227
    Skype Username: boo1499
    Teamspeak Username: BooBear1227
    Mic use: Yes.
    Timezone: MDT (GMT -6.00)
    Hours online per weekday: 2 hours – 6 hours
    Hours online per weekend: 3 hours – 10 hours (per day)
    Position Changes: Elite Citizen to Helper

Note: I apologize for the lengthy application, as I did not want to cut anything important out, or want to have too much of one minor detail.

Introduction:
    Hello there! I would assume that many of you know me, but for those who don’t, I will take this time to introduce myself. My name is Shannon, Boo, BooBear, or BooBear1227. I have no preference of what you call me, so it is purely your choice.

I am sixteen years old, and I take pleasure in a superfluity of activities. Such activities include, but are not limited to, competing with a high school cheerleading team, recreational gymnastics, recreational dance, and computer games/programming. (I currently understand Java, JavaScript, and C++. I am looking to learn Python in the near future.)

Of all of my crazy extra-curricular events, my favorite is volunteering; for example, working as a Special Olympics Rhythmic Gymnastics Coach, and as a Camp Counselor at a Girl Scout camp in the mountains. Between the three of these opportunities, I have logged over 1,439 hours. If you think about it, it is not really all that much, but in the long run, it shows my passions between them. Several other opportunities have been to animal shelters or the Ronald McDonald House Foundation; however, I do not want to go into depth for all of these as they are not the reason for this post.

A secondary reason of why I love my extra time is that I have the privilege of playing MineCraft, more specifically on MeepCraft. I got interested in MineCraft about a year ago, playing single-player worlds. Yet, I had not found an adequate amount of joy in playing by myself, or the occasional LAN with my brother; needless to say, I needed a change. Thus, I started looking around different websites, and came upon MeepCraft – a towny server. (I was never really interested in PvP, or Factions, or any of the other hoopla.) My /res date before the restart, if I can remember correctly, was Tuesday, April 6th, 2013. This would mean that I have been on MeepCraft for roughly 7 months.

Why you should be Helper?
    Now that you have gotten to know me a little better, I would like to move into the “Why?” part of my application.

Over the past few months on MeepCraft, I feel that I have become more comfortable with the community in several different ways.

Experience:
    Even though I may not have experience as being a Trial-Mod, or Moderator, or even Helper before on this server, I still understand a multitude of commands and most, if not all, of the rules that have been amended to this server.

I have accumulated a large amount of knowledge regarding the server’s commands and how the server works within the last seven months. I have an immense amount of knowledge of Towny commands and how they work, as well as a solid understanding of the many commands of Meepcraft’s minigames, including Skyblock, Capture the Flag, Boomo, and TnTRun.

Recently, I have been reviewing the rulebook, reading the rules over and over again. making sure that I have absorbed a decent amount of them. I have actually gotten to know many of them by heart.

Work Ethic
    I believe that my work ethic is admirable, both in and out of game.

Outside of the gaming world, I have reached the top one percentile in my graduating class with taking AP and honor classes. I have achieved an un-weighted GPA of 4.0 and a weighted GPA of 4.765. I try and do my upmost to go above and beyond what I am asked to do.

My in-game work ethic is to the best it can be as a citizen. I get the question solved and ask if there are any more questions that need answering or if the person needs help with anything else before I continue on my travels.

Dedication
    Dedication to MeepCraft can be seen in many forms, and can be understood as several different things to different people. In my opinion, dedication is defined as being devoted to a task or purpose, or having single-minded loyalty or integrity. I have demonstrated dedication in a multitude of ways, but I would like to discuss two of them at this time.

Over the last seven months, since joining Towny, I have only been in two, technically three towns. The first town was run by a friend of my brother. Even though I was immediately moved to assistant because of the common friend, I understood the powers and rules that had come with such a high ranking position. As I had grown to show more promise in being assistant, I moved up from having menial tasks, to having more of a major role in the town. I was allowed to start adding people to the town, as well as being allowed to expand the town on a needed basis. The second town was on old Meep, known as Ezri back then. The third town, again named Ezri, was under the same staff with a few additions. I have loved being assistant in Ezri since May, and will continue to love being assistant until I decide it is my time to leave the nest.

In my experience on MineCraft, I have only been known to two multi-player servers: MeepCraft, and a private friend one.

In any case, I hope I have proved my point with my dedication to this server and to towns. If you believe I have not fully shown my commitment, please comment below, and I will be happy to explain more.

Involvement
    I have been steadily getting more and more involved with the community as each day passes.

I have been trying to stay active on the forums. My plan is to eventually get around to all of the forum discussions that have happened in the last couple weeks. When I am on forums, the first two places I go and look at are the “Towns” sub-forum and the “Staff Recruitment” section.

To the best of my efforts, I am trying to become an even better citizen by trying to answer all of the questions that are asked in /shout. I have never been kicked or banned, to the best of my knowledge.

Weaknesses:
    I was able to identify three weaknesses at this point. Let me know below if you have seen another weakness that I may have missed. I want to improve these weaknesses the best that I can, to the ability that I can handle.

Mic/Teamspeak Activity:
    My TeamSpeak is not the best in the world, and it is probably not as much as the community would like, but I promise I am working on it. I have been trying to become more active on TeamSpeak over the last week or so, listening in and typing what I want to say, instead of talking. The keyword in the previous statement is talking. I am not a huge fan of talking to people I do not know in person; the other part of this being that I am very insecure about how my voice sounds. The insecurity about my voice comes from several different areas. Because I often am ‘yelling’ at cheer practices and competitions, the following days are recovery for my voice. It often sounds very hoarse and unlike my normal voice. However, my normal voice leads people to believe that I am younger than I say I am. It sounds more ‘little-kidish’ because I have short stature, coming in at a whopping five feet at the age of sixteen. I always feel that people will judge me inaccurately if I have a voice of a younger teenager, instead of the voice of an older teenager.

I am trying to get better at this with the “Public Speaking” classes I am taking, along with therapy for my insecurities. I am also trying to come out and say more when I think I have something important to add to the discussion. If anyone has anything that might be able to help me out with this weakness/insecurity, please let me know. I would love to improve on this; I am unsure if I am taking the right actions to solve this.

The Reoccurring ‘Illness:’
    Over the last seven years of my life, I have had an undiagnosed illness that has defined my life. Every other week, I get severely sick with a fever ranging from 90 to 108 degrees Fahrenheit (33 degrees Celsius to 42 degrees Celsius) with severe headaches and backaches. During this time, I sleep. That is all I do. My recorded highest duration of sleeping is 104 hours at a time. This means no waking up, no eating, nothing. This restricts any and all activity on my computer.

I have seen the best of the best in the Rocky Mountain region and the National Institute of Health in Bethesda, Maryland. The next step is to travel to the World Health Organization in Israel, but that has not been an option for us recently.

I need staff to understand that this will affect my activity, but it will not affect my attitude. I can also tell when I am getting sick, so I can forewarn the community about my absence or upcoming inactivity.

AP Classes:
    I decided to take 4 Advanced Placement classes and 3 honors classes this year. This can sometimes affect my activity in game due to the amount of homework I get from each class.

Something that does help with this insane amount of work is that my classes are split into A-Days and B-Days. This translates into having only half my classes on A-Days and the other half on B-Days, with them switching off every other day. Of course, this homework load only affects my in-game activity, and I can still be on the forums and on TeamSpeak and still be successful.

Conclusion:
    I would like to thank you, and applaud your determination in reading the entirety of my application. Regardless if I experience a rank change, I love helping out this outstanding community every way possible.

I am sorry for any grammatical mistakes. I am especially terrible with my affects and effects. I am also sorry for the formatting of this application, I tried my best to reformat it so it was not hard to read.

MeepStats, Gh05t, DevilDog33 and 6 others like this.
  2. LexKristen

LexKristen Celebrity Meeper

+1
    I read the whole application, and I enjoyed every bit of it. You are on the forums often, always trying your best to help others. I can tell you are extremely dedicated to this server.

The only (minor) negative-- Talking on Teamspeak is pretty vital. I'm sure nobody will judge you because of your voice :) I myself am a bit shy too when it comes to talking to others, but within the past couple days I have tried to break out of my shell by talking on Teamspeak more often. My advice would be to visit TS often and eventually talking will come naturally. It can be pretty intimidating. However, you have elaborated on how you have been trying your best to sneak out of your comfort zone which I acknowledge and admire.
    Good luck!! :)

StopResetting likes this.
  3. Deinen0

Deinen0 Guest

+1. I've known you for awhile. You are a very articulate young lady, mature and intelligent. I think you would be a fine addition to the staff.

Edit: I love the application as well. Very clear and concise.

BooBear1227 and StopResetting like this.
  4. BooBear1227

Thanks so much Lex! I really appreciate the response and that you read the whole application. It means a lot coming from you. :)

I have broken out of my shell a couple of times. I used to talk all the time, but I don't talk that much any more due to recent life events and other miscellaneous reasons.

chaos546 and LexKristen like this.
  5. BooBear1227

Thank you Deinen! I hope I can live up to the expectations of such an amazing a staff member.

chaos546 likes this.
  6. chaos546

chaos546 Canadian Forums Stalker

I haven't reay seen any negatives from you;

I get the shyness part; I'm extremely shy as well and tend to just sit in tbe background, only talking when someone says something interesting to me. I rarely go in with the big groups and tend to sit in General Discussion until I work up the nerve to talk. I get how difficult it can be. Just try to say something every so often, and eventually you'll start to feel a little more comfortable.

+1

StopResetting likes this.
  7. BooBear1227

Good to know that I am not the only shy one out there. Thanks chaos!

8. VKL_ReWinDzz

VKL_ReWinDzz Guest

+0.5

I don't really see you in-game when I'm on, but other than that, you're active on the forums and you're overall a good person.

BooBear1227 likes this.
  9. BooBear1227

Thank you VKL. The past couple days I have been on at really weird times, so you may or may not have seen me.

VKL_ReWinDzz likes this.
  10. VKL_ReWinDzz

VKL_ReWinDzz Guest

I just realized that you're in a different timezone, that's why. Bai, I'll stop spamming.

BooBear1227 likes this.
  11. iOblivion

iOblivion Popular Meeper

Very active in game and on forums.
    Although when i see you you're not answering questions so im a +0.95
    Answer more questions and im a +1

BooBear1227 likes this.
  12. BooBear1227

I will try to work on this even more. I try to get to everyone, but sometimes my chat is moving too fast because of the often lagging I get, so I cannot get to every question.

Thanks iOblivion, I really appreciate your input.

13. iiTzJDL

iiTzJDL Legendary Meeper

*Stabs heart rapidly*
    +123214.
    You would just be an amazing staff member.

14. BooBear1227

EDIT: everyone to every one

15. iOblivion

iOblivion Popular Meeper

Yea thats what happens to me to when i try to answer :)

BooBear1227 likes this.
  16. BooBear1227

Please don't stab your heart iiTzJDL. That would make me very sad, but thanks for the input.

17. VKL_ReWinDzz

VKL_ReWinDzz Guest

If I'm not mistaken, there's an edit button next to the like/reply or the report buttons at the bottom of your post, could use that now :D

BooBear1227 and iOblivion like this.
  18. BooBear1227

I know, I was explaining the reason for my edit. :D

19. Redtps

Redtps Popular Meeper

+0.5 Your help in game and are really active in game and with /shout
    but the thing that makes me say +0.5 every thing you say in shout is not all nice
    so overall +0.5

20. TheIronSquirel

TheIronSquirel Celebrity Meeper

+1
    You been very helpful!
    Thank you, look forward to seeing you as staff!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.