1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Oroperion's Helper Application

Discussion in 'Accepted' started by Oroperion, Nov 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oroperion

Oroperion Celebrity Meeper

In Game Name: Oroperion
    Skype Username: Oroperion
    Teamspeak Username: Oroperion
    Mic use: Assuming this is a yes/no question. Yes.
    Timezone: United States Eastern Time Zone
    Hours online per weekday: 3-9, depending on my work schedule
    Hours online per weekend: 6-18, depending on my work schedule (both days combined)
    Position Changes: Citizen (Ultimate) to Helper
    Introduction: Hello everyone, for those of you who do not know me yet, my name is Oroperion, and I began playing Meepcraft in February of 2013. I have been staff twice before, once on the old Meepcraft server, and once on MeepNetworks. Both times, the highest rank I achieved was Moderator.

Why you should be Helper?: Recently I have become considerably more active in the community, and have decided that I wanted to better the community by applying for a staff position. I believe I am qualified to be a helper for a few main reasons: my experience and past performance as a staff member, my dedication to this server, and my knowledge of the server and its commands.

Experience: In March of 2013, approximately a month and two weeks after joining the server, I applied to become a Trial Moderator on Meepcraft. Having had a clean record, and having become an active and contributing member of a well-established community, I was quickly accepted, with very few people who gave legitimate reasons for me not being a staff member. I spent about a month as a staff member before the revolution and creation of MeepNetworks, during that time I became the second fastest person to be promoted from Trial Moderator to Moderator, as my trial period lasted only two days. Following the Meep Revolution of April 2013, I was banned, and this was my only ban, with about 90% of my fellow staff members for a few days, before being unbanned. About a week later, I reapplied for staff and was quickly promoted back to my Moderator position, where I would remain until I was banned in May for owning my own server that was not even public at the time. Over those two months, I gathered a large amount of experience that I believe I can put towards being a Helper on Meepcraft.

Past Performance: As mentioned above, I was promoted from Trial-Moderator to Moderator in two days, in large part due to the potential I showed as a staff member, but also because of the large amount of mod requests I was able to complete in that time (127 in 2 days), which quickly grew my reputation in the community as a very helpful staff member. Following my promotion to Moderator, I spent a lot of my time not only completing mod requests, but also moderating chat, moderating the Terrarium, watching (and catching) people x-ray or duplicate items (one of my proudest moments was catching 7acespade duping emeralds), as well as making sure everyone was behaving themselves and completing ban requests on the forums. Not once did I receive any sort of demerit as a staff member, which means that, to my knowledge, I performed my job as a Moderator admirably.

Dedication to the Server: From the very moment I joined Meepcraft, I was certain that I would enjoy my time here, and enjoy my time in the community. While there have been some rough patches and some arguments, I must say that my overall experience has been enjoyable. Very little shows as much about a person’s dedication to something as much as the time they put into it, considering time is the most valuable resource in the world. As I stated before, I spend a large portion of my time outside of work playing on Meepcraft and talking to the community. I intend to be here for a long time, and I am willing to put the effort and time it takes into being a member of the staff.

Knowledge of the Server: Having gained nine months of experience, in fact, exactly nine months of experience as of November 10th, I have accumulated a large amount of knowledge regarding the server’s commands and how the server works. I have a vast amount of knowledge of Towny commands and how they work, as well as a solid understanding of the commands of Meepcraft’s minigames, including Skyblock, Boomo, and TnT Run. As well as my knowledge of the server and its commands, I also have a deep understanding of the rulebook, now that I have read over the rules a few times, most recently reading over them on November 7th, 2013. I believe that with the knowledge I have acquired over the past several months, I can make the server a more enjoyable place to be.

Weaknesses: For my weaknesses, I will first state them, and then explain what I plan to do to overcome those weaknesses as a member of the staff.

Weaknesses- I distrust certain members of staff, and other members of staff I believe do not do their jobs adequately. I have a tendency to be very opinionated, and I tend to openly share those opinions, whether they are justified or not. Depending on how I feel, I can be very short-tempered with people. My forum activity is not as solid as my in-game activity.

How I plan to address these weaknesses- For my distrust of certain members of staff, I plan to get to know the staff better, especially some of the staff members who did not play when I was staff the first go around. As for my opinion of certain staff members not doing their job adequately, I intend to help them if I notice them make a mistake, and I intend not to call them out in shout or embarrass them, but to talk to them one on one and tell them what I think they could do better next time. As for my very opinionated personality, I will have to learn to control myself. I work at a job where customer service is everything, and I will implement the self-control I use there into my conduct here. The same solution goes with my problem of being short-tempered. My forum activity, on the other hand, is a problem that I can fix easily, and over the past couple days I have made a conscious effort to become a more active and contributing member of the Meep community.

Conclusion: In conclusion, I believe that I can be a helpful and contributing member of this staff, despite my weaknesses. I am an experienced, dedicated, and knowledgeable member of the community, whose ideas and thoughts can help to make Meepcraft a more enjoyable place to play Minecraft. What happened in the past is done, and I believe I can better the future of this server. Thank you for your consideration.

2. Deinen0

Deinen0 Guest

I like how upfront you were on weaknesses. And I think while I agree with them, I feel you are more than able to put them into a back burner. Your qualities, I believe overweight negatives. I am a +1.

Oroperion likes this.
  3. NorthernLights17

NorthernLights17 Celebrity Meeper

App was great.
    +1.

Oroperion likes this.
  4. VKL_ReWinDzz

VKL_ReWinDzz Guest

+1 if you promise to not ban me again.

Oroperion likes this.
  5. LexKristen

LexKristen Celebrity Meeper

+1
    In the short amount of time that I got to work with you as staff, it was great. I would love to see you back on the staff team once again, Oroperion.

BooBear1227 and Oroperion like this.
  6. DancingCactus

DancingCactus Legendary Meeper

This comment makes me feel reluctant to make me want to stand here and watch you get Helper, but to be honest I really don't care. You'd be better than over half the current staff would ever be and you aren't stupid like over half the staff is.

+0.

BooBear1227, Gh05t and Oroperion like this.
  7. Ohyeah95207

Ohyeah95207 Popular Meeper

+1 we need good staff(hint)

Oroperion likes this.
  8. sinisterweapon7

sinisterweapon7 Popular Meeper

-0 You are a good moderator but you could work on your people skills

Oroperion likes this.
  9. Sarge926

Sarge926 Celebrity Meeper

You never gave me trouble before.

+1

Work on your forum and TS activity though.

10. CyborgZeroX

CyborgZeroX -=Retired Staff Member=- Elder

+1

Good luck,

Oroperion likes this.
  11. noobpatroll

noobpatroll Guest

Ruthlessly efficient.
    +1

Oroperion likes this.
  12. Gh05t

Gh05t Popular Meeper

+1, I still remember when you /msg'd me on the old server telling me that you had done your duty as a fighter for the people on your alt.
    Couldn't think of a better person to help the people.

Oroperion likes this.
  13. FluffbearRCT

FluffbearRCT Popular Meeper

What. Why. +1 but still idgi

VKL_ReWinDzz and Oroperion like this.
  14. BooBear1227

BooBear1227 Sunflower | Always

+1

Let's just say I found 1 or 2 negatives about you coming back, but I found 7 or 8 positives for you coming back to staff.

Good Luck Oroperion!

Oroperion likes this.
  15. Flamedemond2

Flamedemond2 Highly flammable

Lol you've always been good at mod apps :p
    +1

16. Qwikin

Qwikin Guest

Oroperion likes this.
  17. DevilDog33

DevilDog33 Well-Known Meeper

+1! I've know you for a while now(sort of), and based on what I know think you'd really be a great help to MeepCraft as a helper!

Oroperion likes this.
  18. the_sexy_ninja

the_sexy_ninja Popular Meeper

-1 because you have good grammar, which means you are not qualified for staff. Only Peeps with bad grammar qualify for staff. (Oro TS reference :p)

+1 because I would like to be your permanent sponsor of items in Skyblock xD

On topic, I remember you as a good staff member, only issue is your hatred for most of the staff :p Still, +1

19. CaptaineAli

CaptaineAli Popular Meeper

No reason why you shouldn't be allowed to be accepted as a Helper. +1

20. Kazarkas

Kazarkas Legendary Meeper Elder

+1 if you slay the noobs

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.