1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Accepted n00bishcake's apology (Ban appeal)

Discussion in 'Ban and Mute Appeals Archive' started by n00bishcake, Nov 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. n00bishcake

n00bishcake Popular Meeper

IGN: n00bishcake
    Date/Time: Not sure, september?
    Reason: Deleting town with active residents (Purposely)
    Ban Length: Perm-banned.
    Staff Member: Ham18hockey converted to Cooleysworld
    Why we should consider your appeal:

Well, i've been thinking of what I've done, and I didn't really regret it, because I thought minecraft was ruining my life in many different ways. After around a month, I logged in with a few of my alts and just messed up my whole reputation by doing stupid stuff, because I was just so angry with myself, and about what I've done, and how many of my friends on Meepcraft i've pissed off. I've been thinking to myself, should I make a ban appeal? And around 2 days later (Now), i've decided to go with appealing. Yes, this was definitely a perm-ban, and I do admit what I've done at that time. I've lost all my money, and I was very frustrated. I couldn't control myself what to do, after a lot of work I've put in, and the trouble I went through. You should consider this appeal, and I am sorry to all my town residents.

Even if I don't get unbanned, I am sorry for what i've done, and I hope you accept my apology.
    Of course, i've made a mistake and learnt a lesson, don't gamble high amounts of money, as there is a chance that you'll lose it and you don't know what'll happen. <---- This is an advice to all people.

~n00bishcake~

Nager2012, forces5, Cbuchz7 and 11 others like this.
  2. DevilSpawn112

DevilSpawn112 The Sass Master

" I logged in with a few of my alts"
    Are you admitting to ban evading too?
    At this time, I will just leave this to the higher ranked staff to take care of.

Yokosuka12 likes this.
  3. Chaos_Realm

Chaos_Realm Celebrity Meeper

Ok so this is an interesting situation.
    My connection to the Ban:
    I was assistant/resident of the town that was deleted.

I see the whole reason for banning n00bishcake as completely justified, and perm ban was without question the correct course of action at the time. A lot of residents were impacted upon severely due to his act, but dare I say in monetary value I lost more than others.

I forgave N00bishcake after a while, because I get people do stupid things at times. From what I was aware he had a pretty much clean record.Then due to a single lapse of rational thinking lost his privileges to be a member of the community.

What I suggest as a course of action:
    Reinstate him as a player but revoke his privilege to be a mayor of a town until future date where an admin could review the case based on his behavior from here on.
    Up until the event, he had been a loyal player and well liked amongst the community.

On a side note, I have seen players that have been re-instated from perm bands that have had ban records a mile long.

Anyway that is my two cents on the ban appeal.

4. n00bishcake

n00bishcake Popular Meeper

Sorry, I have no idea what ban evading is. I logged in with 1 of my alts to show where my mate's stuff is (chaos_realm), to someone so his stuff doesn't get ruined. And yes, the second alt i've logged in with was a very bad choice, and I do admit it.

5. nasapc123

nasapc123 Popular Meeper

Here's the issue. Other players are banned for swearing, and may receive an unban.
    As a mayor, residents place a lot of trust with you. It is expected you abide by common sense and do not do bad by them. Being a mayor is something which gives you additional permissions in the towny world, which places you at a higher level of responsibility, given many players lives to manage. You broke the trust of many players and have everyone a headache dealing with the issues caused. Undecided at this stage.

6. Johny0206

Johny0206 Popular Meeper

I don't really care about the town now .. unban him.

I was assistant.

7. DevilSpawn112

DevilSpawn112 The Sass Master

The thing is, Johny0206, that the decision is not up to you. The admins have to make a decision as to whether they want to take a chance of any other infractions happening. Whether it be the same thing or something different. Once a player has been banned, they tend to not care about their record. Either way, they are the only ones to make the decision. You requesting that he be unbanned MIGHT be taken into consideration to a certain extent, BUT the final decision lies with upper staff.

BooBear1227 likes this.
  8. Woodchip123456

Woodchip123456 Celebrity Meeper

Just wanted to say something about this.

I've known N00bishcake for quite a while now. Not once, before this incident, have I seen him getting a kick or ban. He has always been a well-respected, helpful member of the community that many people looked up to. He was Ultimate, which shows that he was obviously extremely dedicated to the server. I don't think that he would've done what he did unless he had a real reason to do so. What he did was stupid, and he understands that. He should've just left with a goodbye thread, and then passed on ownership of Oldies to another member. This is the first time that I have seen N00bishcake get into trouble. He made a silly mistake, which assistants of the town have forgiven him for. I think you should do what Chaos_Realm said, and make sure he is unable to make a town for a few months.

forces5, Erebus45 and n00bishcake like this.
  9. nasapc123

nasapc123 Popular Meeper

K deleted a tonne of spam my posts. May I remind people commenting on ban appeals is allowed if you have evidence to add or are directly involved. Staff are allowed to comment always, as we have the final decision. It is not that I do not k ow n00bishcake is a great guy, fully aware of that. He has however broken the trust of a town full of layers, along with creating an issue for many staff involved. I have not denied this yet as I wish to discuss this with fellow high-staff, I am leaving this pending and locked until a decision is made.

10. nasapc123

nasapc123 Popular Meeper

Giving you a second chance - Please do not let anything like this happen again. Unbanned in game, and accepted.

MrL3GIT, Chaos_Realm and Flamedemond like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.