1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Mod Application for DevilSpawn112

Discussion in 'Accepted' started by DevilSpawn112, Oct 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DevilSpawn112

DevilSpawn112 The Sass Master

In Game Name: DevilSpawn112
    Teamspeak Username: DevilSpawn112
    Mic use: Of Course ;)
    Timezone: CST (Illinois)
    Hours online per weekday: 6+
    Hours online per weekend: 6+
    Position Changes: Helper-Mod

Introduction:

Hey ya'll. Feels like it has been forever. It's me again, only this time, we are going above and beyond. I never thought I would apply for Mod, but I just love the job of Helper so much that I want to go further. As helping people is my passion, I want to step it up just a bit.

I am going to throw in a small "about me" section. I have had my fair share of leadership. From Pre-k line leader(lol), to top 3 in my graduating class. Those were the days. But I knew I had bigger and better things awaiting. Ups and downs? I can take 'em. I love to lead, teach, instruct, and create. My goal in life is to be a Nurse. I would love to take care of people everyday. I am to a point, a sensitive person. I deal with things in my own way and maintain a level head. I love constructive criticism. I am always open to growing stronger as a person and feel that I could never know enough. I learn from everything I do. Also, I have a 20 month old child. He is everything to me and has taught me more than I could ever imagine. I believe that through each day, you teach and you learn. There is always someone you can guide through something new and there is always something new to learn.

Why you should be considered for Mod?

I short while back, I decided to apply to take on the role of Helper. I never thought I would be accepted, as I was not very well know to the Meep Community. Little did I know, I was noticed. As I have stated, I love to help people, and that was my main reason for applying in the first place. I didn't know what being a helper would be like, I only knew that there were duties to be done and people to help. As I was once a "noob", I turned to modreqs often, and relied on someone to teach me. Meep, to me, was breath-taking to say the least. I had never seen players and staff so willing to help. I learned the "ropes" of the game and dove in head first. Shortly, I noticed people in /shout, just like me, trying to learn the game and figure out what it was all about. I chose to help. As I was helping people, I realized that I knew more than I thought I knew, which inspired me to apply for helper. Here I am, folks. I am ready to move on to the next level. As a helper, I have learned even more than I thought there was to learn. I have the commands down quite well, and think I have made a pretty great impression on my fellow players and staff. I will admit, I have made enemies from tempbans, bans, and kicks. I have also aggravated people by giving warnings via either /msg or /shout. This is the part of my job that I find not so easy, but I also do not enjoy rule-breakers. As a helper, I aim to bring peace and order to the community of Meep and try to make it more friendly for everyone. Now, I am applying for Mod because I believe I am ready for the next step up. Although this does not change much, I do believe this change will enable me to better serve the players of MeepCraft and help me to continue to keep people from breaking the rules. As a mod, I would take on extra duties and try to keep a great amount of stress off of the SuperMods+. As a team, I believe we work quite well together and enjoy being a part of it. I would aim to keep helping new player, doing modreqs, and monitoring /shout, as well as new tasks/duties.

Weaknesses:
    As far as my last set of weaknesses, I believe that they have become pretty well corrected. I am now more active in both /shout and in forums. As far as my talkative side, well, I am still a bit on the talkative side, but just a bit. Sometimes I find myself rambling when trying to explain things. I go further into detail that initially needed, which sometimes is good, but for the most part, its just annoying. Again, I will continue to work on this. But to add to my list, I would like to state that I tend to hold onto modreq a bit longer than is probably expected. I am thorough and very picky. I like to make sure that the full needs are met and that they fully understand the answer to their question. If I am dealing with a touchy modreq, such as theft, grief, or some form of harassment or verbal conflict, I like to review it carefully, make sure I have all of the evidence, and make sure I have covered all boundaries of the subject. I suppose sometimes this is inconvenient to other staff, as they have other modreqs to tend to as I am taking the time to cover these issues to deeply, but I also believe that its better to be sure of yourself than to make a mistake and regret it later. But still yet, others may view this as a weakness, and I totally understand. I will try to develop some form of way to deal with this, which I believe will come easier as I have more practice.

Conclusion:
    I have learned so much as a helper and would be more than open to learning more as a Mod. I cannot wait to see exactly what else MeepStaff has to offer me, knowledge wise. I am enjoying this experience in staff more that I had imagined I would.

See you around, Meeplings.
    Until next time,
    DevilSpawn112

Thank you for taking the time to read my application. & thanks in advance for any and all feedback given.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 11, 2014
    DianaB72 likes this.
  2. MeepStats

MeepStats Legendary Member

+1 for being the line leader.

DevilSpawn112 likes this.
  3. CyborgZeroX

CyborgZeroX -=Retired Staff Member=- Elder

+1 all the way!

you do a great job at Helper, I seen your work in-game

4. Dem0Gorgon

Dem0Gorgon Celebrity Meeper

5. Qaztar

Qaztar Celebrity Meeper

+0.5
    Your helpful, but maybe a little more time as a helper would help.

DevilSpawn112 and StopResetting like this.
  6. LexKristen

LexKristen Celebrity Meeper

I cannot account for in-game because I am rarely online, therefore I cannot make a full judgement. However, from what I have seen on the forums you are a great candidate and qualified for the rank of Moderator. I had a blonde moment and you politely corrected me (thank you!). Whenever you comment/reply to threads you always approach situations very maturely. Last but definitely not least, your application is extremely well written.

Even though my response may not count for much considering that I haven't been able to be in-game a substantial amount of time recently, I am still giving you a +1.
    Good luck:)

7. nhjed

nhjed Celebrity Meeper

Ploos wahn cuz ur a ghurl.

Really though, I consider you as one of the helpers that has progressed enough to become a moderator.

Good luck!

8. DevilSpawn112

DevilSpawn112 The Sass Master

I respect that opinion. I just feel that I am ready. Thank you all!

9. TheRealWoohoocheese

TheRealWoohoocheese Celebrity Meeper

I'm sorry to say this...But I think you need just a little more time.

10. Jackl01

Jackl01 Celebrity Meeper

+1 you couldn't quite grip it at first but now you've done it!

I hope to see "Mod" next to you name :)

11. shains

shains never stop fighting

+1, great work Devil.

12. adtheren

adtheren Popular Meeper

+1.

Devil is a very mature and nice person to talk to.

Except that one time...

13. LR_Davius

LR_Davius Celebrity Meeper

14. XeStorm

XeStorm Popular Meeper

-.5 On how long you have been Helper, but +.5 for doing a good job as a Helper and +1 for maturity!

15. Lady_Hestia

Lady_Hestia Retro, Dance, Freak

when did you become helper?

16. VKL_ReWinDzz

VKL_ReWinDzz Guest

When****

Also, +Admin for being female.

17. Cooleysworld

Cooleysworld Celebrity Meeper Elder