1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

abbythrowsstuff's citizen-helper application

Discussion in 'Accepted' started by abbythrowsstuff, Oct 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. abbythrowsstuff

abbythrowsstuff Celebrity Meeper

In Game Name: abbythrowsstuff
    Teamspeak Username: abbythrowsstuff
    Mic use: Yes!
    Timezone: PST
    Hours online per weekday: 2-3
    Hours online per weekend: 4-6
    Position Changes: Citizen-Helper

Introduction:
    Well, its the moment you've all been waiting for my re-re-re-application to the Meepcraft team. Most of you know me as that weird girl in game and on forums who references things you don't quite understand but, in actuality, I am that weird girl who references things that you don't understand who enjoys math, cosplay and the violin. Does that make me relatable? I sure hope so because, sadly, I am a weird girl with references that you may or may not understand. (That was a triplicate, just so you understand ;) )

Why you should be Helper/Mod/Supermod ?
    Well, I'm an active member of this community and I've had my fair share of experience. Moderating from small servers to the once great, Funnyjunk. I've seen it all, the wanna-be griefers to the x-rayers who think that we can't tell if they have zombe mod or not. It was a fun run on those servers but, everyone's got to move on. So, in September of 2012 I moved on to Meepcraft. Ah, glorious Meepcraft. I was going through the hay-day and I saw the rise and fall of several famous moderators and I picked up a few tips and tricks from their activity. I saw the /shout help, the carrying out of modreq and even the occasional conversations between mods and the citizens. I learned that to be a mod on Meep, I needed to be nice, helpful and relatable. Hopefully, I've done all that. (But, I'll perpetually be that weird girl who makes references you don't understand). I've learned a lot through observations of various Admins, Supermods, Mods and Trial-Mods/Helpers and I've made a print on the community. I mean, who else supplements various throwing jokes on shout?
    Weaknesses:
    Teamspeak activity: In all honesty, I've been trying to improve on this but, I feel uncomfortable on it. I understand that the people on it are nice and everything but, verbal communication between people I've never met really...weirds me out. I've been on once or twice in the past month but nothing notable. It needs work and if I become helper, I'll suck up my pride and just get on the mic.

Game activity: I'll be honest, I've been slack as far as my daily hours have been going but, I'm trying to improve upon this. I do want to be a part of the community but, I've had issues with various team practices and a convention. Luckily, this all cleans up after next week. But, there will be some times that I will be lacking on game activity, its probably going to be before a Mock Trial competition or a convention or near finals. I will be sure to alert anyone of these.

Pride: I, along with several others, am a prideful being. I refuse to back down from my opinions and therefore will sometimes break out into argumentative discussions in shout. None of which have progressed to a bad point, I've only been kicked once in an argument when I used 3 caps.

Conclusion:
    That weird girl that makes references you don't understand would like to become, That helper that makes references you don't understand. I've learned, I've watched and I've absorbed information and now I want to make odd references and help the people. Anyways, the secret police are knocking on my door. Hopefully, there will be a camilla or I will be in big trouble. Oh well, at least I'm not Telly the Barber...his sins to Night Vale are too many to count.

And now my friends, the weather.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 11, 2014
  2. Skaros123

Skaros123 Otaku Wooden Hoe

3. iiTzJDL

iiTzJDL Legendary Meeper

+1. Do I really have to say why?

Lady_Hestia likes this.
  4. Dart_Knight

Dart_Knight Popular Meeper

+1

She's active in game and on forums. When I see her in game, she's very helpful and mature. Same for forums: helpful and mature.

The application was a little short, but it doesn't hinder me from giving my +1.

Good luck, hope you get accepted.

abbythrowsstuff likes this.
  5. Filipe1212

Filipe1212 Active Meeper

6. Lilliya

Lilliya Celebrity Meeper

ergh, idk seen you around a bit, but probably don't see you much cause of time zone, but hearing from others i'll say a... hmm.. +1? I guess.

7. NorthernLights17

NorthernLights17 Celebrity Meeper

+1 I don't need to say anything else.

8. Dem0Gorgon

Dem0Gorgon Celebrity Meeper

9. DevilSpawn112

DevilSpawn112 The Sass Master

Your application kept me reading, unlike many others. You seem very unique and seem to be pretty active (again time zones maybe?). Your witty references make me think and could easily get the attention of other players. You seem funny and friendly. Other than your TeamSpeak usage, I don't see anything to pick at, and the TeamSpeak thing can definitely be worked on! I was shy at first too (now they secretly beg me to shut up). I think you would make a good addition to the team.
    +1 for me.

abbythrowsstuff likes this.
  10. Qwikin

Qwikin Guest

I never read applications, unless I don't know the person

-1 because you never accepted my skype request

+2 because you're overqualified

+1

11. EKthegreat

EKthegreat Meeper

+1 I think you would be a great helper

12. XxNine_TailsxX

XxNine_TailsxX Legendary Meeper

13. abbythrowsstuff

Eeep, there are 2 other Abby Coffing's but try adding the one with the same picture as my forum! Sorry, if I didn't see it DX

14. abbythrowsstuff

Thank you^^ recently I've had mock trial every night because our competition is on Thursday so that may be it!

DevilSpawn112 likes this.
  15. RuSiaN_PeDoBeaRAppeal

RuSiaN_PeDoBeaRAppeal Meeper

You arent stupid. +1. just dont kick too much for swearing etc please :)

16. Woodchip123456

Woodchip123456 Celebrity Meeper

17. CyborgZeroX

CyborgZeroX -=Retired Staff Member=- Elder

+1

good luck

18. YouMakeMe

YouMakeMe New Meeper

coolmaxx says -1
    If you get mod you will have to ban my alts on the forum and I'll have to hate you forever.

19. chirp1234

chirp1234 Celebrity Meeper

20. RossCoombs

RossCoombs Popular Meeper

I'm for a +1. I can see you becoming a good staff member (again?).
    Good luck abby:)

Not going to derail, so don't reply to this, but no swearing is a rule. If you swear you'll get punished, and if abby is a good staff member then she would follow the rules and punish accordingly. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.