1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Suggestion Regarding Forums & New Players

Discussion in 'Denied' started by Adrian, Jul 30, 2021.

1. Adrian

Adrian Epic Staff Member Administrator

Currently, forums are pretty underutilized and with ads coming, a lot more traffic will come to the website. It would be nice if staff started posting updates on forums and link players to forum updates on Discord (Perhaps similar to the last MeepTimes edition I made).

I'd also suggest overhauling the guides section of forums. While in the new towny world, player retention has been in the 90 percent range, there is alot of gameplay that can be learned. My suggestion is to create guides geared towards teaching new players how to play. I'd like to suggest that the staff team creates subsections of guides for each game mode (ex. Towny Guides, Skyblock Guides, Zombie Guides, Parkour guides). Ideally, this would be player-run and players would be posting guides not just staff. To give players an incentive to post and maintain guides players should be given in-game rewards for creating and updating guides.

I would love to hear everyone's thoughts on this suggestion!

Erebus45, LJJJJJJJ and Miku like this.
  2. Miku

Miku One Hell of a Miku Staff Member Mod

*Cracks fingers* I was gonna make some anyways

3. Silver01

Silver01 Celebrity Meeper

Nobody wants to read 200 pages of text to understand how to play a minecraft server when they can just go on a minigames server instead. The best way in my opinion of retaining players is to encourage them to try out minigames where they can meet people who will willingly show them how to play towny.

Peero likes this.
  4. Miku

Miku One Hell of a Miku Staff Member Mod

You cant keep attempting to speak for everyone lol, not everyone is the same and we must cater to the needs of multiple different preferences, some people like in-depth guides, the others like to just jump in and learn as they go.

Everyone has a preference. If we cover all preferences whats the harm in having the information there for who wants/needs it? No problem at all :)

5. Adrian

Adrian Epic Staff Member Administrator

I want to second Miku’s post. Additionally, your push for mini games is not a terrible idea however you’re arguments are pretty flawed and now is not the right time for Meep. Let me explain:
    1. You claim that no one wants to play a non mini game game mode because the “on boarding process” can be difficult . While mini games may overall be more popular I believe that’s for 2 reasons other than you mentioned. The first reason being that mini games are much more scaleable than mini games, and the second being that they are significantly more marketable. I do think it is important to note that generally, gamemodes that are not minigames have more dedicated player bases which is helpful for building community and better for the player count.

2. Popular Mini-game servers are massive and have multiple full time developers and administrators. To focus on minigames would mean to compete head to head with these servers.

At the current moment Towny needs to continue to be more polished and our development staff contains 2 very busy admins, 0 developers, and 2 inactive builders. This is not the ideal time to take on extra projects. I advise that the team works on recruiting new members of the team. After that is done and the server has grown, then staff should consider creating new gamemodes!

Last edited: Jul 30, 2021
    Miku and Erebus45 like this.
  6. smk

smk Celebrity Meeper

Yeah, this is very necessary.

I connected to the server yesterday for the first time in a couple months and had no clue about just about anything. I was asking loads of questions in chat and eventually began to understand some things. But I’m still clueless on so much. Guides would be extremely useful

BooBear1227, Miku and Erebus45 like this.
  7. Epicdude141

Epicdude141 Celebrity Meeper

if you drew a venn diagram of players who stay on meep and players who regularly play minigames it would be two separate circles

smk and BooBear1227 like this.
  8. andrewrobins

andrewrobins My views are my own.

Tbh I play a lot of mod packs and it’s fun to learn how to use the features. Not everyone will use guides but it’s good for them to be there for the 1%. If a player ask how to do some thing a quick html link can prove valuable also.