1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

6/19 Towny Next Generation Town Hall Notes

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Adrian, Jun 19, 2021.

1. Adrian

Adrian Epic Staff Member Administrator

6/19 Towny Next Generation Town Hall Notes
    Hosted by @BooBear1227 & @Adrian | Notes By: @DarkKnight49x

Towny Reset
    After the poll, the Administration Team has decided to reset the current Towny world. A world download + world in the museum will be available. The reset will occur just before the launch of Towny Next Generation. This was not an easy decision to make, we understand that many memories have been made in this world. However, a reset is necessary to open opportunities for future server growth.

Towny Next Generation Gameplay Changes
    Referral System - If you "refer" 3 players to join Meep, you will win a free town. Credit to @7acespade for this idea!

Admin Shop - The Admin shop is being removed and will be replaced with a Daily Random Shop. This change aims to increase player interaction and limit inflation.

Bazaar - The Bazaar is similar to a trading menu/stock market for items. This is a replacement for VShop.

Hourly Events - Every hour the following events will occur: Supply Drop, BloodMoon, Airship, Meteors, Dragon Spawning where players can win special items

Pets - Pets will not be launched on opening night, we want to take the time to make this update the best it can be and unfortunately, that means delaying Pets.

Personal Bank- Players can store items in a bank. This bank can be upgraded unlocking a higher deposit limit and higher interest rates.

Minister Elections - Players can choose to run for the position of Minister. They will choose various gameplay buffs/nerfs + Projects and players will vote. The winning player will get a custom tag during their term.

Perks - Ranks will have buffed perks giving them more value

How Can You Help?
    We currently have a closed Beta that you may participate in, if this interests you, please fill out the application here!

Additionally, we are looking for staff in the following positions:
    - Developer
    - Media
    - Architect
    - Moderation
    If you are interested please consider applying!

Advertising
    After the launch of town next-generation, MeepCraft will be launching an advertising campaign to bring new players to the community. We additionally will be updating vote sites and using Social Media accounts. This will bring a new wave of players to the community and allow for the server to continue to expand after the initial launch.

We hope to have more updates and Town Hall meetings coming in the future, and we would love to hear your feedback.!

Last edited: Jun 19, 2021
  2. GroovyGrevous

GroovyGrevous Break hearts not blocks

That's great news for our beloved minecraft server, big thanks to big man Fuzzlr for his hard work

Adrian likes this.
  3. andrewrobins

andrewrobins My views are my own.

The update looks super :)

Adrian likes this.
  4. pug

pug Celebrity Meeper

I'm a little confused by the terminology used here. Will there be 2 towny areas in the future, a "reset" traditional and a new nextgen towny? If not, why the reset right before nextgen rolls out? Why not just say towny will be shut down and reopened as nextgen?
    can anyone help me understand what is going on here?

5. andrewrobins

Only one towny the new nextgen version. Old towny will be removed and used as an adventure map.

Erebus45 and Adrian like this.
  6. btechdog

btechdog Celebrity Meeper

Is there an update going on today? It won't let me join because it say's I'm not whitelisted.

Adrian likes this.
  7. Adrian

Adrian Epic Staff Member Administrator

SkyBlock is currently being updated, it will be back up shortly!
    Join our Discord here for updates: https://discord.gg/zM6Z6EVr

btechdog likes this.
  8. Ace

Ace Celebrity Meeper

I don't exactly know how you guys managed to come to this conclusion after facing the exact opposite multiple times in the servers history. Either way, Good luck to you guys. Hopefully your next generation of players would be able to enjoy the things you bring them.

9. andrewrobins