1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

PUBLIC UPDATE

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by Kling, Nov 8, 2020.

1. 2klassy

2klassy Celebrity Meeper

I fully 100% endorse slimfun. Awesome amazing plugin. Makes it almost seem like your playing modded minecraft.

2. Kling

Kling Break blocks not hearts

I was always like this in staff chat when I was a member, questioning illogical things and telling people in high staff how they done some things where not productive and they’re not good at leading while I was smod.

People where asking me about Meep and it was annoying so I had a look and questioned things since you all had been left out of the loop for a while and I’ve been curious as to what’s happened this past year. Finally everyone got responses from Boobear and Kylo which are the only two good leaders on the team.

Probably unpopular opinion
    Clue is best suited as a tech, he’s done a lot of good to benefit the server in that area, leadership is awful though too introverted and “cliquey” which was also mentioned by a couple before the team was thinned out earlier on in the year when I asked them what the state of the team was. Quaz makes a great high staff member though Smod. In an admin position I don’t think there’s much more they provide than they do as smod to which they’d provide a good connection between high staff and low staff much like Ellie does.

Klitch likes this.
  3. BooBear1227

BooBear1227 Sunflower | Always

Simply put, it's just been delayed getting to forums. It's a very busy time of year for everyone, and we are all adjusting to a lot of new things both on and off of Meep. Active and online players know what's going on and are participating. We will be updating to 1.16 soon, within the next month or so, and we decided to focus our efforts on our active community and their wants and needs.

A brief synopsis:

The community asked that we work to make one game mode great and then focus on others, instead of spreading ourselves too thin, as we have done in the past. All teams are focused and dedicated to working on driving Meep into 1.16:

We are moving away from 1.12 Lilypad and onto 1.16 Bungee. Admins and Devs are working on training for plugins, getting plugins mapped and configured for 1.16, replacing old and incompatible plugins with new ones that have the ability to be updated more regularly. Clue and qaz are working on training myself and Energy, as there is always more to learn and fix.

Moderation is working on updating our rules + punishments to add more consistency to the team. We have Dyno moderation configured for Discord, but we are all still learning how to use it and remember to use it in a consistent manner. It takes time to retrain muscle memory. We'd rather SHOW you we are changing then continue to TELL you so (actions > words). We will get there. It takes time with a tiny moderation team that is changing and has a lot going on IRL.

Architects are working on a new smaller spawn to better suit the community so players do not feel so alone. They have been showing it off and getting input from the community in VCs. It has gone through several iterations and improvements to get it to where it is today. Archs also have to work on converting all of their build worlds from 1.12 to 1.16, and there's a lot of them from so many people working on builds over the years.

Please remember we are all volunteers with lives outside of Meep - work, schooling, families, extracurriculars. On top of that, it's an ever-changing pandemic AND the holidays. It's a busy, stressful, and hard time of year for everyone. I know those on the team are putting in everything they can, when they can, to push Meep forward. If people have ideas/suggestions, please drop them in the Suggestions forum. If people have questions/comments/concerns, you know where to find us :)

4. Natsu

Natsu Celebrity Meeper

Thanks for the update. Better late than never. This is understandable, and it looks like you guys are doing better than this spring. Good luck with everything!

So far you have not fulfilled your guarantee, but it looks like you have found your way to retain players, so keep it up! The old players will probably not return for a while, so don't screw up with the new players.

Long time no see man. Just chill for a second lol. Obviously some people are more suited than others. However, it's not like exposing their insecurities will make them change or resign. No benefit comes from judging people on a minecraft server, even if they have wronged you.

EllieEllie likes this.
  5. andrewrobins

andrewrobins My views are my own.

Just a small update.. Im super lazy :)

6. Kling

6-2 this weekend was diabolical :(

7. EllieEllie

EllieEllie Staff Member Leadership

Facebook was very quiet, I'll say that much..

Kling likes this.
  8. Silver01

Silver01 Celebrity Meeper

minecraf politics

9. andrewrobins

andrewrobins My views are my own.

You can still hold your head up high. Was a great game :) although i fell asleep 3 times strangely lol. Pundits are pissing me off about the Leeds w**k fest though. Huddersfield had more points on the table in our first season and they battered us. :) gl for rest though luckily for you most of the sides are awful :p.

Kling likes this.
  10. Kling

Oath, everyone was buzzing pregame not so much as a peep after.

I’m surprised about it myself because we where getting torn to shred in the championship, we where all kicking off when Neville said there’s “nothing to criticise about Leeds” like we just got slapped... We for sure will stay up this season though I’m not bothered where we finish as long as we keep Meslier.

GroovyGrevous likes this.