1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

PUBLIC UPDATE

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by Kling, Nov 8, 2020.

1. Kling

Kling Break blocks not hearts

The staff team could possibly be busy working on things for the server however you haven’t publicly made any statements for the plays. There are some that wish to hear news of the staff teams commitment and update on the movement of the server.

I understand the staff team has had a problem with communicating so do not spurt “the public do know, those that ask us know what’s going on” and act for yourselves since this has always been a problem.

I’m not overly interested in what happens to Meepcraft anymore since I play realms with friends. However hopefully a few points:
    1. Reset when the server updates
    2. Release this towny world afterwards to download
    3. Replace staff members that are mascots or don’t have enough time to dedicate to the server in order to help move forward, especially the followers that are in leadership positions.
    You know towny has no real issues on updates versions since a group of you played on a former staff members towny server to snoop about a while ago and play a short while so you do have the time for an update.

With addition to that there are no acceptable excuses, Meepcraft is lucky to be a slightly active discord server as it stands. Either admit that some of you don’t have the dedication anymore and relieve your positions or make a public statement on what the staff team have been working on and plan to achieve for the oncoming year.

2. BooBear1227

BooBear1227 Sunflower | Always

Hi @Kling ! Thanks for stopping by both in-game and on forums.

@SpongeyStar just recently stepped into the SuperMod position, and @EnergyAssassin and I recently stepped into admin positions. We are all currently undergoing training from @qazini and @CluelessKlutz to take on the roles and responsibilities of these positions. I ask that you please be a little patient with us as these are all new roles for us and we are stepping into them at one of the busiest times of the year for all of us.

I will throw out that we are looking to bring back an events world for the upcoming holidays filled with some returning favorites. We are working on some additional behind the scenes items, which will all be addressed very soon in a "what's next for Meep" type of post. We were hoping to have it completely drafted, polished, and out at some point in the previous week, but was pushed to the wayside a little bit with the recent US election and some of these members also becoming ill this week. We are continuing to work on this post and it will be out very very soon. I know you all hate the word "soon," but I can promise you we are working on it and it will be released once it is ready. Feel free to hole me accountable.

News on all of your points above to be addressed in the near future. However, if anyone has any additional information they would like to be addressed, please drop them down below, in Discord, or contact me personally. :)

3. Natsu

Natsu Celebrity Meeper

I just want to point out that this is not what has been asked for.
    Whether it is Towny Extreme, the summer events, or the holiday events you mentioned, you have not fixed the central issue which has been pointed out many times by many people. I don't want to be negative, but my constructive criticism has already been posted in many previous threads, so there is no need to repeat the same thing if it isn't going to be heard.

4. BooBear1227

I understand your concern with the development of some in-game aspects, but our current community is looking forward to seeing the return of Mob Arena and a holiday world to relax and destress from the real world. We'll be taking a closer look at the issues posted in a thread about the issues with Summer and try to resolve as many of those as we can. ( Thank you to those that put that thread together and left your comments there ).

I'm sorry you feel unheard and no longer wish to repeat yourself. I'll do my best to go through and find all of your commentaries on similar threads from the past few months. I've gone through some of these aforementioned posts a couple of times, and I will make sure to revisit them and address what I can regarding the concerns from multiple people.

These are the threads I am referencing, please let me know if any are missing:
    A Suggestion on Moving Forward
    If there is ever a time to lay all the cards down on the table, it is now.
    2012- 30 Staff/700 Players & 2020- 17 Staff/2 Players
    Dear Meep Staff (most of you)

Adrian likes this.
  5. Natsu

Natsu Celebrity Meeper

Yes. Thanks for the comment. If you are willing to spend time reflecting over those, my major points of concern can be grouped into the following categories.

1. The goals/direction of the server
    - What to achieve in the long term. Do your projects really align with the goal.
    2. Staff behavior and transparency
    - Even if the development is good, it is very easy to ruin the fun by undermoderating / overmoderating.

It is easy to do holiday events and raise the activity temporarily. However, no new mob arena, spawn, reset, or minigame will bring the players back in the long term if the two points above are not addressed. I think you should be able to read those concerns in some of the threads as well.

6. BooBear1227

I do understand and agree with your point that the above 2 topics you have mentioned need to be addressed before we can really move forward, and I can guarantee you that these will be addressed I'm re-reading through each post on all the related threads again to pull out direct and key concerns as well.

I appreciate you taking the time to stop by and reply!

CluelessKlutz, riri30 and Adrian like this.
  7. EnergyAssassin

EnergyAssassin nerd Staff Member Administrator

Just on this technical point, Towny isn't the issue. We have custom plugins that were updated, which took a long time (and still a need a bit of work). Currently we have issues with Lilypad as well and might need to replace that. It's rather easy to spin up a Towny server, the issue is updating this one.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2020
  8. KyloMeep

KyloMeep Mipha's Grace

Might...

EnergyAssassin likes this.
  9. Epicdude141

Epicdude141 Celebrity Meeper

you mean the better server?

Silver01 and Kling like this.
  10. Kling

I hope you the community got some insight into the current state of the server and what's going on from this. That was my only reason to make this post so there would be some form of communication even though the main thing you find out is the event world is being worked on to be brought back.

@EnergyAssassin well done with noticing something that "might" need replacing its been like that for a some time now, should've been done earlier.

Natsu likes this.
  11. KyloMeep

KyloMeep Mipha's Grace

Baby steps Kieran, baby steps

12. Kling

Honestly be the difference in this team, this staff team is nothing but a friendship group that most likely make work harder than it needs to be, which is why we don’t see any changes on this server.

I honestly don’t believe there’s much being kept secret at all and I don’t need a comment to that statement. What this all has basically shown is that the events world is their baby which has been worked on forever and a day ago since they are incapable of productivity.

I don’t know what your goals are for this team but don’t expect the server to sustain 40 max players for the majority of next year.

Shellcode, riri30, Klitch and 5 others like this.
  13. smk

smk Celebrity Meeper

The community is the only driving factor that can keep people on the server. But at this rate, people are merging to other servers or games and moving away from meepcraft’s platforms altogether (going to their own discord or talking to people privately outside of forums/meep’s discord/ etc.)

And eventually people move on. It’s unfortunate but inevitable.

GroovyGrevous likes this.
  14. Klitch

Klitch

this was true when the server was fun enough to support a community. meep will always be a top tier community in my heart based purely on the memories I and many others made here; but the fact is, meep isn’t fun anymore, and therefore people will continue to leave and make their own fun elsewhere (even with the same people, as I’ve done for many of my longtime friends)

Natsu and GroovyGrevous like this.
  15. CasualNuker

CasualNuker Celebrity Meeper

I know I’m nearly three weeks late on this post but I felt the need to comment something here. Meep is dying, Staff accept this the sooner the better. Your np longer a server that has a large community. Your community is primarily made up of staff and a couple players. This should change and you need to run some dang ads for Gods sake. But at this point I don’t see much of anything that can save meep if the so called “Revamp” that was being worked on for years couldn’t nothing can anymore.

16. Katronica

Katronica Celebrity Meeper

What are they gonna advertise about the server l m a o. There's nothing to advertise. My opinion of "what's to change" is solely internal (I am not saying anything too specific or I feel like some ppl might deem it as 'toxic') but that's never gonna happen and the delusion of the "business is booming cuz of x amount of players is still on" mentality is what's driving them to keep staying the same. 1.16 update has been said for months, that survey we filled out months ago was NEVER talked about (despite staff saying they're still working on it) and is already outdated at this point and only have like a good amount of suggestions/opinions to be applied to the current meep, and nothing was ever addressed about past issues to old players and swept under the floor never aiming to construct an efficient way of discussion on it.

*watch me get forum banned for commenting :) you know who you are*

Natsu and Ace like this.
  17. Ace

Ace Celebrity Meeper

The only instance "they" would pay attention to a community member. Heh.

Katronica likes this.
  18. KyloMeep

KyloMeep Mipha's Grace

Yes but most of our current playbase is not made up of old players. Sure its unfortunate that people move on but like 80% of the people are new from either Ratville or players that I have brought over for my town (of course others as well). It is a sad reality that people are moving away but the fact is that we don't rely on the old community to survive anymore. Pressing tab at the time making this post, there are 27 people online and I can only see 2 old faces (discounting the 2 staff members also online). Of course we would love for old players to return to check out the work we have been doing over the past few months, if they do or not is their decision.

So lets taking about the update shall we? This update to 1.16 is taking a while because to update the server, it requires a load more work than just changing the server jar version and calling it a day. The entire back bone of the server has to be redone, this is due to use moving from the old Lilypad network to a new Bungee one. For this to happen, a LOT of the plugins either need to be reworked or have new ones either developed or found online. So this includes chat, item transfers, plugins such as /chest and vshop aren't compatible, sorting out the world so it is on a newer version which is a lot of effort for a team of a few people. Especially with the fact that everyone on the team has personal commitments such as full time jobs or university which are important as well, we aren’t all robots who can work on it 24/7 unfortunately.
    But this also leads into the point of the issues that we "swept under the floor" and the form you all filled out. So the form has been taken into account for everything we looked at when updating to the new version. The main focus has been putting all these new features into the new version of the gamemode so in a month or so when we eventually release the version, we wouldn't have had to fix it twice. There has been a lot of time and effort put into fixing things and making sure everything works as it used to before everything broke. If not, we will have time available to individually look into all the issues to make the experience as good as it can be, because at the end of the day we don't want to deliver a poor quality product, like cyberpunk.
    You'll see when it released but hopefully it wont disappoint, theres been hours upon hours poured into making this new update work and it'll be worth the wait. Its not just a version upgrade I can promise that. Hopefully that clears some stuff up, feel free to message me for more info if you wish but thats the short of it.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2020
    smk, Natsu, qazini and 3 others like this.
  19. Kling

That form was nothing but a community pleaser to show that they “value” your opinion.

@KyloMeep I hope you see that you’re on that team so they can use the ideas you where using for your own server since they couldn’t figure things out for themselves. What you address is something expected from a leader, not a a newly acquainted mod.

I expect you to have a higher role soon since Spongey is just a friendly face for the team and holds no power.

Muunkee, KyloMeep and SpongeyStar like this.
  20. riri30

riri30 Retired veteran

What happened to this?

Natsu likes this.