1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Here are some problems we've found with the Summer event..

Discussion in 'Resolved/Denied' started by Viperfan, Jul 27, 2020.

1. Viperfan

Viperfan Celebrity Meeper Staff Member Game Designer

===================================================================
    MOB ARENA

1) There seemed to be no play testing at all, constant bugs with arena all the time.
    2) Getting teleported out of arenas for no reason. (not death)
    3) Mob arenas generally being not well designed (the build was pretty ok), too big, too tall, etc.
    4) Not having any way to see how many mobs were left, like a counter. (this led to some rounds going on for five minutes after we've killed all the mobs except one)
    5) If we found any way to try to beat the arena, it was either nerfed or patched.
    6) Mobs spawning in areas where it's impossible to reach or they are stuck.
    7) RNG Scheduled events that last 10 minutes give mythical keys while grinding 2+ hours for the chance of a Legendary key, then a small chance of Mythical.
    CRATES

8) Crates seemed to be over done, especially because there's 6 different crates.
    9) Building on top of the last one, there seems to be way too many worthless or collectible items in the crates. (For example, the architect wands, dis notes, a shulker shell, "BBQ Lighter"...?)
    10) The fact the economy is already broken to shit already, then they add practically free fly keys and other items which was were somewhat rare items.
    11) Changing crates a day in to be dramatically different seems like it's a little under thought out and planned. Don't get me wrong, balancing them is great but it felt too underwhelming.
    12) Having BBQ Lighter as a 19% chance in the Mythical crate (highest out of all the items) in the Mythical crate is plain out stupid. It's already in Rare, which it's fine in, and Mythical keys are already insanely rare due to the event schedule planning and amount of people trying to obtain them.
    STAFF MISHAPS

13) Staff members giving out the wrong keys then saying "fuck it" and letting the people take the wrong key which was most of the time a key 1 level higher than the intended key.
    14) General problems with planning. on the first day of the release, one of the staff members said "should we do parkour or some other event with it?".
    15) Problems with leadership. More experienced staff members should have been in charge of the event, and known what potential impacts it could cause.
    16) Staff deciding to do a spontaneous event like fishing or ice boat when the majority of the players are in arenas.
    17) Staff being extremely offended when players critique bugs or decisions made by the team.
    OTHER STUFF

18)
    Not having basic commands in summer world, for example /chest or vshop (/buy, etc)
    19) Boat racing is extremely laggy and unfun, getting teleported back, getting stuck in blocks, etc
    20) Extreme lag, which even caused 1 player to die in mob arena when he was on round 44, made it impossible to do a fishing competition or ice boat racing.
    21) Too big of a map with too much unneeded crap. over 50% of it is just lazy copy/pasting flower patterns and putting some paths in them.
    22) 200 million meebles was voided from the economy and then this event happened and the crates ruined the chance of the economy ever bouncing back.
    Summary

We feel like they had good intentions and ideas with summer, but it feels extremely rushed and under planned. This post isn't supposed to be an insult, just to point out some issues we've found with the summer event that could maybe be fixed and bring this event somewhat back to the level of what it was hyped up for. If you have anymore complaints, feel free to comment on this post detailing them, or DM us: Me"ss"#1636, peero#4597, Katronica#7066, viperfan17#7777, MegaStufOreo#4222, Liamcov#5061 ! Thanks everyone :)

Last edited: Jul 27, 2020
    BooBear1227, cooey, Pmx728 and 17 others like this.
  2. Synergizer

Synergizer Well-Known Meeper

i agree, it also makes it pretty unfair to the people who don't want to spent hours and hours of grinding in a single game, the fucking stress involved, just to get subpar keys... its rediculous, like i get it needs to be hard to get these items, just make 1 key all the items in the same mixing pot, with lower percentage rates, literally only 4 people are able to get to round 50 while the rest of us suffer and can't get jack shit, and why are we "expected to be in daily limited events to be able to get these special keys in limited availability with ow changes to even get them in the first place, its just so incredibly dumb, its like id have to be on the entire day 24/7 in order to get anything.
    the events difficulty are altered and made harder around how the best people complete the map, make it incredibly hard and most right impossible for most of us to complete, and every single so called exploit gets removed for some reason? like is it not hard enough that it takes hours to compete it in the first place.... like wtf????? its like you want us to die and to get nothing out of our hard work

teddypines likes this.
  3. CluelessKlutz

CluelessKlutz Badmin

Arenas were playtested for more than 3 weeks straight by more than 15 people. This is what I've tried to say with things feeling "rushed" in that you cannot run in to every issue. For example, bosses scale to the number of players in the arena with a cap of 8. On the first day, players reported bosses only having one health. This was caused by the fact having more players caused it to exceed the allowed health limit which then caused the boss to revert to 1 health. Testing for over 3 years would not have ever found this issue because it couldn't occur in our testing. Similar issues account for points 1, 2, 3, 6, and 18. 9 and 18 are 100% intentional because those items represent losses.

I just patched the anticheat further to help with 19 and 20. 4 is being looked into as a requested feature. 14 is a case where things had been planned weeks ahead of time and additional ideas are suggested later. 12 is now changed.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jul 27, 2020, Original Post Date: Jul 27, 2020 ---
    this was intentional design after the last event where people farmed the first 7 rounds since it was much less work and faster to get keys playing easy than actually trying

teddypines, qazini, Adrian and 2 others like this.
  4. Synergizer

Synergizer Well-Known Meeper

it can take 30+ minutes to get to round 30 and what do you get from that? common and uncommon which is absolute trash, what's the point spending 30 minutes of my time if i get nothing....

5. Peero

Peero Celebrity Meeper

You say you guys playtested for 3 weeks, but who was this done by? If I had to guess, it was only staff members. Staff members, as I've mentioned before, are not experts on gameplay or glitch exploitation; they're just really nice people who know server commands. I'm not hating on anyone, just acknowledging that being an expert in these areas are far from a requirement to be staff. The very first game we played, our team encountered two gamebreaking bugs within ten minutes of gameplay. The clearlag and getting tped out. You're telling me in three weeks of testing, this wasn't seen once? And we somehow see two examples of it almost immediately, in the same game?

This all goes back to the core problem regarding playtesting. Over and over, buggy messes are released to the public, then over the next few weeks, are very slowly patched. This is not how things should be. Obviously you can't expect them to be perfect, but this is inexcusable. The summer event in the state it was released in was unimaginably riddled with problems and bugs that broke the game so easily. And yet, a group of normal players can play for a week and find a number of these. Many of the players who are playing mob arena "seriously" are playing mainly to find bugs and exploits. And we found plenty. And there's less than 15 of us. Would it really have been that hard to invite some non-staff players into mob arena to test it? It's not like there would be any advantage, mob arena is already predictable and we've seen the plug in before. Having us playtest would not have been advantageous to us in the slightest. And I know many players who would have loved to do it, for no reward or recognition. Beta testing is honestly pretty fun, especially when you know it's helping the server out.

Many staff constantly complain they spend hours working and playtesting to put the events in a suitable position for release. So why not ask the players for assistance? As has been mentioned before, we are not a multi-million dollar gaming company. Asking for people to play your game and tell you whats wrong with it is perfectly acceptable and, in this case, necessary. You mention that some of these bugs could not occur in testing, but only give one reason. And if I'm understanding correctly, which I may not be, it was just a problem of not having enough play testers at once? Once again, easily solvable by introducing players to testing.

To end it off, please do not be angered about our criticisms, or view us as ungrateful. What you have to understand is that we play the server for fun, and when things like summer event, which are broken in a plethora of ways, are put out for us to play, we do not have fun. Finding broken bugs every single arena game, whether by stumbling upon them, looking for them, or dying to them, is not a fun experience. You guys put hours into creating the game, we put hours into playing it. Obviously it's harder to create, but it's also what many signed up for. Yes, it is volunteer work, yes it isn't easy, which is why relying on players is not a bad thing. We would love to help out, and we're not going to look at you guys any different. If anything, I will have more respect for you guys if you came to us in need of assistance. We aren't mindless players like many larger servers. We understand the server, and are easily approachable. Let's make summer great again.

BooBear1227, cooey, Vexmae and 16 others like this.
  6. andrewrobins

andrewrobins My views are my own.

You realise it’s a bunch of kids doing this :p they are doing ok.

7. Natsu

Natsu Celebrity Meeper

It's not hard to listen someone you know. Regardless of age.

teddypines likes this.
  8. cooey

cooey Legendary Meeper

The majority of this staff team are adults.