1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Helper Application from Adam34Falcon

Discussion in 'Denied' started by Adam34falcon, Apr 28, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Adam34falcon

Adam34falcon Celebrity Meeper

Member Name Investor

Additional In Game Names: Adam34falcon

How old are you? 15

Do you have Discord? Yes

How many hours per day do you play MeepCraft? (weekdays) 4-5 Hours

How many hours per day do you play MeepCraft? (weekends) 4-6 Hours

Have you ever been staff on this or any other server? No

References: Please give IGN's LordInateur, Bloodyghost, Vexmae, Steviefiveo56, SMShortStack, _Dragon_Killer_, Brian_B, and Twomoo1119

When did you join Meepcraft? March of 2014.

Introduction: Hey all, many of you have gotten to know me within the past 6 years I have played on Meepcraft. For those of you that I have not had the pleasure of getting to know yet, I’m Adam (I have always been Adam34falcon in-game) and I am 15 years old. I live in a fairly small town in Ohio. While sadly not currently in school due to the coronavirus, I am a freshman this year in high school. I can confidently say that my favorite subject is science. I am super excited to take chemistry next year! I got a little taste of chemistry when I had to do a science fair project, where I refined silver coins into pure silver powder using nitric acid and copper. My three main hobbies are investing/finance (I hope to study business administration in college), collecting watches, and playing video games (admittedly mostly Meepcraft!). Since I have been staying at home all day for the past few weeks, I have also taken a much larger interest in music, especially with jazz. My long term life goal is to eventually end up starting a business, most likely within the precious metals industry (A precious metals refinery, perhaps). I do have a very small business venture that I took up last year which is a candy-machine business. I am considering expanding this business within the next few years depending on how it fairs while we get through this pandemic.

In-game, I have owned many towns throughout the years and have been a resident of even more. Right now I live in Oark, and assist with anything I can when needed. Since the revamp and the influx of more players, I have actually been having a lot of fun just visiting random towns and shops and interacting with some of the old players that have returned.

Why should you be Helper? To preface why I am submitting this application for a helper role, I want to confront a past that I am not proud of nor excited to talk about. As I stated in my introduction, many of you already know who I am. When I joined Meepcraft six years ago, I was constantly warned, kicked, and banned for a variety of reasons. Although I have never hacked or exploited the server, I have annoyed, disrupted, scammed, killed unfairly (in-game, obviously :p), and overall hurt many members of this community. For that, I deeply apologize for my actions and I promise I would take it back if I could. However, I believe that I am now much more mature and aware of my actions compared to when I joined Meepcraft, and when I submitted my past applications (while I was 12 or 13). So with that message in mind, let me explain why I believe I could benefit our staff team either now or in the future:

Determination: We can observe many examples of determination every day of our lives. Within the past couple of years, I grew an abrupt sense of determination, which occurred at the beginning of 8th grade when I was actually enjoying pretty much everything that I was doing. I honestly believe that determination can be a two-sided sword (I will go on as to why I think my determination can be a weakness for me as well and how I plan on combating that weakness below). For the bright side of determination regarding my life, I always follow through with what I started, even if I am uncomfortable doing so. Give me something to get done, and I will get it done to the best of my ability, and then I’ll go at it again, and again, and again until everyone is satisfied with the outcome.

Responsibility: I was not responsible when I joined Meep. I was not responsible when I played on Meep for my first, my second, my third year, and even further than that. I am responsible now though, and I can easily apply my responsibility to arising problems in Meepcraft. Since the revamp, I have not once gotten kicked nor banned. I have been a good member of this community and I have helped out both new and old members of this community during problems that they were facing. Responsibility can be a big issue no matter where you are or what you are doing. I am now extremely self-controlled and accountable.

Cooperation: At this point in my life I am kind of a “go with the flow” guy. I think that I have definitely shown this as a town staff member in Oark. I rarely start arguments, and when I do, I believe that they are well-warranted and beneficial to the task at hand. I can shut up when I need to, but I can lead as well (this stems from leading our “safety patrol” in fifth grade all the way up to ninth grade both leading and being on different clubs and councils. I constantly work with many different types of people both in real life and in Meepcraft. This has helped me hone-in on my ability to work well with others and achieve the goals that we have in mind.

Meepcraft/Minecraft Experience: As I stated in my introduction, I have been playing Meepcraft since 2014 and Minecraft for even longer. This has allowed me to learn and perfect my knowledge on various commands we have on Meepcraft, and other commands in Minecraft (although I am still learning Extreme). While I don’t know the staffing aspect of the server, I would say that I know pretty much everything else about Meepcraft. This knowledge will allow me to help players in need when others cannot. I am also attentive and I respond to messages as soon as possible; I can keep multiple conversations going at once while easily keeping track of the situation.

Communication/Professionalism: We all joke around with our friends. Some of us remain professional at all times while interacting with the public, while others take a more simple and laid-back route (both ways have pros and cons obviously). I get that this is a Minecraft server, but for some people, I understand that professionalism goes a long way. I can absolutely remain professional when interacting with any players, especially while acting in an official staff capacity representing the server and the staff team. I actually enjoy remaining professional and it makes me feel good to know that I was able to impact someone’s life in a calm and cool demeanor, even if that impact is extremely small.

What are your weaknesses? Determination: Going off of what I said about my determination, let me talk about the dark side of determination that I see. One issue that I sometimes face is choosing the wrong thing to latch onto, and I don’t let go. When I start something, I finish it through. This can be bad for me because if I choose the wrong thing to prioritize on, it can hurt me and others in the long run because I was too “determined” to stop and move on. I believe that I can combat this weakness by working with other members of the staff team, and taking in their input and suggestions before I move on to a new project.

Outside Involvement: I don’t use “mainstream” social media (Instagram, Facebook, etc.) at all. I use Discord commonly but I have not really been active in having conservations and interacting with members of the community on Meepcraft’s main discord server. Also, I would like to see more activity from myself on forums. I will try my best to start more conversations and interact with more members on discord, and I will become more active on our forums as well.

Impatient: I am impatient. I can’t do much to change that, it has been part of my life for 15 years and it will continue for another 15 years more. This can negatively impact me on Meepcraft by rushing to get stuff done that I don’t necessarily find interesting. As I said, I cannot do much to change myself being impatient, but I will take a break if the situation allows for it and I will also contact other staff members to give me advice on how to further the situation along in a positive way. I do not think that this will affect me as much as it would have a few years ago when I applied.

Please give any other information you might think is useful for us to know: There is one other thing that I wanted to mention. A little over a week ago after a member of our community got banned, I talked publicly about the ban reason in global which I should not have done. I apologize for this and it will not happen again.

Thank you all for taking the time to read this, and I just want to say again that I believe that I have come a long way since I joined Meepcraft 6 years ago. I am loving the revamp so far and have made many new friends, and reconnected with even more old friends. :)

2. Natsu

Natsu Celebrity Meeper

You have changed so much in a span of few years, you sound like an entirely different person now. I'm indeed very happy to see this application :)

Now, I would vouch for you under normal circumstances, but there is one place in your application that concerns me.

I don't know if they would want people who simply obey, instead of thinking independently about certain things and voicing your own constructive opinion. Honestly speaking, many staff members have been "go with the flow", and I don't think it's working well. We are not short of staff that handle general questions and modreqs, but I believe we are definitely short of staff members who can diversify the team and communicate with various parts of the community. I believe that is the reason why virtually everyone supported VKL - because he didn't go with the flow. This is too much to ask for a 15 year old, but this is what I'm looking for in applicant regardless of age.

I'm glad to see you apply, but -1 for now.

3. Adam34falcon

Thank you for the feedback! This honestly does help me a lot. I'll respond to your concern to the best of ability. I'm not going to just reword that part of the application and tell you that's my response, but it was honestly hard to write out this application and explain my full thoughts and feelings. In this context that I was talking about, I was mainly thinking to myself how I wasn't going to drag along decisions and such after they were made if that makes any sense. By "go with the flow" I am not going to make things any harder for the staff team, as that is not my intention and it never will be. I appreciate the beginning of your post as well, I am glad that I can finally show that I am a different person now. :)

smk, Natsu, riri30 and 4 others like this.
  4. Epicdude141

Epicdude141 Celebrity Meeper

I saw you consistently harassing lionracer, I'd hope a staff member wouldn't give into the bait nor go along with the harassment of a 12 year old.

nhjed, IFartOnChilren, qazini and 3 others like this.
  5. Sekotslil

Sekotslil Popular Meeper

Change your name to Inlestor and you're in.

IzzSt, Natsu, jcbetro1011 and 2 others like this.
  6. Adam34falcon

I'm gonna respond to this the least "political" way as possible. It isn't as open and shut as that to be completely fair. I am absolutely not going to go into detail with my private chats between Lion and I (except to staff if wanted) but I will talk about what I think is fair to say about this publicly. At first, when I joined back, I absolutely agree. I came from games such as Rainbow Six Siege which is a very toxic environment and I brought some of that over with me for the first couple of nights on meep which I am sorry about (absolutely not an excuse for my actions though). Me and lion "fighting" in chat after that stemmed from private messages on discord as well, but again I am not going into detail with that in public. Lion and I are actually on pretty good terms right now, and I suspect that it will stay that way. Thanks for your feedback.

EDIT: Also Epicdude if you would like to PM me on forums or discord to discuss this more, I still am not willing to go into private conversations but I would be happy to have a civil conversation with you!

On it!

IzzSt, Natsu and bloodyghost like this.
  7. LordInateur

LordInateur Deus Ex Machina Staff Member Administrator

8. CasualNuker

CasualNuker Celebrity Meeper

+/- you have 100% changed but seeing some of these responses leans me to a +/- but next time if you are top notch I’ll definitely +1 it!

Adam34falcon likes this.
  9. Summers

Summers Hot Meeper

+1

Adam34falcon likes this.
  10. GroovyGrevous

GroovyGrevous Break hearts not blocks

this ^ but I'll go with a neutral vote

Adam34falcon likes this.
  11. Smshortstack

Smshortstack Popular Meeper

Adam,

I have had the privilege of having you as town staff. You have been very helpful and kind to new players. You have changed a lot for the better since joining Meepcraft.
    +1
    -SM

12. Katronica

Katronica Celebrity Meeper

Hey Adam! I really like that you are extremely friendly and always try to converse with the community. Although you seem like a well-qualified staff, I feel that you should wait a little bit in applying. As of now, I'll be staying at a +0 but, if you're around for a couple of more weeks on meep, you definitely have what it takes to be apart of the staff team. :)

13. KyloMeep

KyloMeep Mipha's Grace

I think you'd be make a good addition to the staff team. After chatting with you yesterday, you seem like a chill dude and you've been playing for a while so you'll know your stuff. Good luck +1

Adam34falcon likes this.
  14. steviefiveo56

steviefiveo56 I just build here

friendly guy, I'm sure you would make a great addition to the staff team +1

Adam34falcon likes this.
  15. ProofMan

ProofMan Active Meeper

Wow Adam34Falcon, you have changed so much since you first joined the server and we are friends haha +1! In all seriousness -1. I have never seen you help anyone on the server, you just mini mod and say "Welcome! :D" in the chat whenever someone joins. I do not know you personally but based on your maturity levels and lack of understanding what it takes to be a staff member I don't think you'd be a good fit for the staff team.

Not only this, but you have also in a discord joined in the making fun of of someone else applying for the staff team, which is a very bad look for someone attempting to attain the same goal. You do not have to screenshot and make fun of people for +1ing someones app who is highly more qualified than you. unknown.png unknown2.png I do not want to see anyone like this becoming staff because clearly you are only doing this for publicity and not for the actual betterment of the server. Be better than this, give it 3 months and apply again. For these multitude of reasons I am a large -1.

EDIT: I see you have 3 staff members who have recommended you, so it does not matter what you do or say about anyone on the server because you are pretty much being handed helper already.

Viperfan, IzzSt, Thee Boss and 6 others like this.
  16. Adam34falcon

Thanks for the reply! In my opinion, I don't really mini-mod. I will welcome people no matter what if I am staff or not, as everyone should :). As for the discord thing, I think that shiroppy's application was amazing and I actually had a very nice (although rather short) conversation with her tonight! As you can see in the screenshots, I quoted both your reply and nhjed's reply which I actually found rather amusing. I found your reply funny for the dog comment, and his reply funny (I mean it's nhjed, of course, it's going to be funny haha) mostly because of his use of words and the last sentence. I am absolutely not doing this only for "publicity", and I think it is rather inappropriate for you to say that considering that we have never really played together in-game. Feel free to reach out to me on forums or discord or whatever if you want to talk about it civilly, instead of calling me an "idiot" or a "furry" like you did in chat tonight. I would love to have a conversation with you over your concerns! :)

Edit: I would reword the use of "nice" to "civil" conversation as in there was no arguing, it was professional/mature in my opinion. :)

Last edited: May 15, 2020
    shiroppy, Pmx728 and GroovyGrevous like this.
  17. shiroppy

shiroppy Celebrity Meeper

If I refer to our conversation, I was telling you that I was offended. I don't think it was a "nice" conversation.

Deljikho, IzzSt, ProofMan and 4 others like this.
  18. legendcaleb

legendcaleb Celebrity Meeper

:)

Bob4444444, IzzSt, shiroppy and 3 others like this.
  19. ProofMan

ProofMan Active Meeper

To preface I am sorry for making a second post on this thread, it is not my intent to bloat this thread so I will keep the image out of the actual post, but I will add it so you can click on it. I asked Adam34Falcon to explain himself over discord and he gave the same run down as he put in response to my post on this app. I personally wasn't sure if I could believe it, but it is his opinion what is funny and what is not, even though he did not understand any of the context of my dog comment. I then decided to ask him why he posted the 2nd picture in the discord after he saw his townmates take the comments out of context and make fun of us for +1ing shiros application. He said he was already cropping the 2nd picture so he did not see his townmates comments but the pictures were taken a whole 7 hours apart. I do not want to see someone who makes fun of other members, mini-mods and also lies to others about his mistakes become a staff member.

TL:DR; Adam made fun of people for +1ing someones application and then blatantly lied about it and then stopped replying to me because "we could not agree".

Attached Files:

IzzSt and Adam34falcon like this.
  20. CluelessKlutz

CluelessKlutz Badmin

We have actually changed the rules to allow as many posts on an application so long as they are deemed relevant and/or constructive ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.