1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

so, now that minecraft is popular again

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by nhjed, Jul 13, 2019.

1. nhjed

nhjed Celebrity Meeper

F73A2ED4-44E0-49C5-96AF-4078F19BC28C.png

as you can see, minecraft’s popularity is going at an upward trend, comparable to 2017, and seemingly not stopping due to Pewdiepie’s let’s play and tons of other people in the Minecraft youtuber community emerging (even James Charles is promoting it now? if that even counts).

what’s the plan? I know everybody is like dead (I’ve been inactive for 2 years trust me I know lmao)

jesus these forums sure are dead lmao

Thee Boss, iKitten, Pmx728 and 4 others like this.
  2. creepersareokay

creepersareokay Celebrity Meeper

i'm in love with you nhjed

nhjed and SpongeyStar like this.
  3. Sqreix

Sqreix Celebrity Meeper

As far as I know, Fuzzlr is active too and working on this again.

Somehow.

SuperDyl likes this.
  4. Liam

Liam Fergalicious, baby

Fuzzlr, LordInateur, and the rest of the staff team are working on a revamp. They're adding more, but I think the best thing for the community to do is give it a chance. Get back on when you have a free minute. Build a house, up your /job. Even if it gets boring or tedious, don't give up on Meep easily. Take a break, but remember where we all came from.

I hope more and more vet players like nhjed come back and visit, even if its temporarily. The more players we have, the more fun it is. We all know this. Participation is needed.

SSSoul, Pmx728, K9_Caper and 5 others like this.
  5. Sqreix

Sqreix Celebrity Meeper

Completely agree. I'll have my fingers crossed and wait for the server to stand back on its own two feet once more. Then maybe, I could relieve my towny-mode craving in Minecraft.

6. Adrian

Adrian Epic Staff Member Administrator

lol meeps dead af atm, but yea from what I've gathered @CluelessKlutz @LordInateur are working on a massive revamp, they could probably speak more on it. But that's our plan. One big issue which I think that no ones really brought up yet is that Meep is literally at the bottom of the server lists, which is how most players join, because we dont get enough votes. This, of course, is now preventing new players from joining. It's a big hole to get out of, the server needs to regain popularity with a decaying player base while next to no people who join will stay long term. Now you could just say "buff voting" its already op enough as it is. So idk what the admins plan on doing to address that, possibly purchase advertising once the revamp is launched. Regardless meep isnt totally hopeless... yet.

As a player what we can do to help is give it a chance and start playing again, the server is pretty lively around 7-9 Eastern

7. smk

smk Celebrity Meeper

Botting the voting sites would do nothing if every player that signs in sees at max 10 others and clicks off within five minutes. You need to bring back the players that care about the server so you have a sound playerbase.

SuperDyl likes this.
  8. SuperDyl

SuperDyl Popular Meeper

As long as the server is enjoyable and the playerbase isn't shrinking, it doesn't matter where Meepcraft is on the rankings. The surge in popularity will bring people to all servers, including Meepcraft. It would be better if the server could be updated to 1.14, but that won't prevent the server from gaining players.