1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Reduce town upkeep

Discussion in 'Completed' started by Adrian, Jun 23, 2019.

1. Adrian

Adrian Epic Staff Member Administrator

Upkeep is kinda high for the # of players joining, imo it should be bumped down to 35 or 40.

2. Kling

Kling Break blocks not hearts

Towny upkeep ought to be decided by the median range jobs earn meebles in x time and taken into account the economy size. It may be fair now or could do with being modified from the comunity/staffs knowledge of earnings/eco. That I am unsure of myself.

3. CasualNuker

CasualNuker Celebrity Meeper

I’d say reduce it 50% to 25 meebles

4. CluelessKlutz

CluelessKlutz Badmin

Absolutely not
    I’d consider losing it to 40 at most.

SuperDyl and Adrian like this.
  5. LordInateur

LordInateur Deus Ex Machina Staff Member Administrator

I quite like this idea... I like the idea of server-backed dynamic economies in general. I'm fairly certain we could hook into the Jobs and Towny plugins to facilitate something like this automatically but I'll leave it up to Clue to determine whether he wants to bring it on to Towny specifically since he's more involved with the community than I am.

Kling and CluelessKlutz like this.
  6. Adrian

Adrian Epic Staff Member Administrator

I like @Kling s idea too only issue I can think of is that it would be a little complicated.
    40 would be great imo. a

Kling likes this.
  7. Kling

Kling Break blocks not hearts

Thanks, always got good ideas me.

Adrian and GroovyGrevous like this.
  8. GroovyGrevous

GroovyGrevous Break hearts not blocks

I like @Kling as well

Adrian, Kling, SuperDyl and 1 other person like this.
  9. SuperDyl

SuperDyl Popular Meeper

I love this idea, but if this is done, it would be best if players could depend on it not changing frequently. Keeping it dynamic makes it really easy for staff, especially techs in the future, but if it changes daily, it may be hard for town staff to understand how effective their money is, especially if a sudden bout of inflation occurs. I think the upkeep should then be based on a monthly or bi-weekly system (since taxes can only be changed after 14 day warnings).

I also think the upkeep costs for the next fortnight should be be available for 14 days, enough time for towns to change their upkeep prices if necessary. That means that the server would create the next upkeep for the period after the next.

Example: fortnight_1_data creates upkeep_3, which is seen throughout fortnight_2 and applied through fortnight_3. It's a bit more work, but it would make town staff happier if any sudden strong bouts of inflation occur because they could raise taxes accordingly.

10. CluelessKlutz

CluelessKlutz Badmin

Accepted and completed! Towny upkeep has been reduced to 40 per plot. A dynamic system will be looked into for future reference.