1. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  2. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  3. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Mass unban

Discussion in 'Denied' started by smk, Nov 8, 2018.

1. smk

smk Celebrity Meeper

Just gonna put this here. It could help player count and make things interesting even if it makes staff lives a little more challenging (only leave perma perma people banned ((Reban vkl pretty much))

Trexy, Thee Boss, iKitten and 9 others like this.
  2. Viperfan

Viperfan Celebrity Meeper Staff Member Game Designer

3. Ace

Ace Celebrity Meeper

+1 Good luck talking proud people into this though.

SuperDyl likes this.
  4. DarkKnight49x

DarkKnight49x ⏦ ❀ The True Dark Knight ❀ ⏦

u already know what the little boi is gonna say about this xd

5. twomoo1119

twomoo1119 Celebrity Meeper

6. CasualNuker

CasualNuker Celebrity Meeper

I completely agree to this we need more PLAYERS we are almost dead staff need to do this +111111

7. JBock007

JBock007 Celebrity Meeper

+1 For the players!!!

8. CluelessKlutz

CluelessKlutz Badmin

Statistically, mass unbans have never worked in the past. They've been tried, and always fail. If someone has truly been banned permanently from the server, there is a solid reason for that. Those who break the rules, get banned, then just get a free unban haven't changed in any way, so even those who do come back simply do something else and get banned again, from past experience. I don't disagree in attempting ways to gain players back that we haven't done as of late, but mass unbans simply aren't the answer.

Completely open to discussion if anyone can statistically show increased long term player gains from mass unbans, so feel free to comment below.

Pmx728, SuperDyl and Ace like this.
  9. minetifa

minetifa Celebrity Meeper

10. Ace

Ace Celebrity Meeper

I think that one of the reasons why it fails is the lack of things to do. I was part of the mass unban from the reset if you could call that one.
    I did not play for about a year even after that but Skyblock caught my interest and I started playing again along with some friends.

What I'm trying to point out here is that mass unban could work if the server has things that would interest the returning player base. Otherwise it would just be the same old: Let's see what's happening > Nothing much > Troll > Do some dumb stuff > Banned.

Seeing the state of the server currently, I think we all know what's gonna happen lol.

Pmx728, metr0n0me and CluelessKlutz like this.
  11. smk

smk Celebrity Meeper

The playerbase after the combined reset and mass unban was massive compared to the current numbers.

Now, this could be a combination of having something new that was actually interesting (a new towny world), and it could also be that there was a larger pool of players the server could then allow back that maybe wanted to play but were banned.

I understand your point of view with the whole “why don’t they appeal if they want to come back” but I don’t think that logic is good if the server would be much better with more players; especially for the players who don’t break the rules but have no one to play with.

I guess the server would need something that makes it attractive to play on. I know that’s hard with little access to techs, but surely something has to be done to try to help the playerbase.

Maybe a mass unban and never banning for chat offenses (only muting) would couple even better than just a mass unban.

iKitten, riri30 and CluelessKlutz like this.
  12. CluelessKlutz

CluelessKlutz Badmin

Procedue for chat offenses has been changed slightly to something similar to this method.
    And this is my point. In order for anything remotely close to a mass unban to work, the server itself needs to be in a solid state. Same thing applies to ads. Dozens of things are being worked on, but they take time to add/fix, and techs aren't exactly plentiful. I don't believe a mass unban would statistically work, especially now. It may be a viable option in the future once we've gotten more features added and fixed.

Pmx728, metr0n0me, Ace and 3 others like this.
  13. CasualNuker

CasualNuker Celebrity Meeper

If we look at past unbans (reset 2017) we see a huge growth of players from 10-15 to 100+ in a couple days. Which if we can harness those players in and have keep interesting then this could work by keeping meepcraft at possibly 60-120 which would in turn have us going up on vote lists and therefore more new players to grab into meep. Only if the API is finished and we repair old game modes I say this is our best bet at reviving the server to at least 50+. Alot of older players would stick around for CTF KitPVP and other game modes we had. So if we can get meeps new API done by 2019 and by summer have meep game modes fixed. Then we do a mass unban coupled with some cheaper ads and a huge 40% sale on the store in theory we can get to 100+ easily. Thanks for reading this really long post lol.

boombox123 and SuperDyl like this.
  14. Muunkee

Muunkee Legendary art supply hoarder

Yes, the player count increases for a few days and then within a few weeks it dies .

This will work, but only if the server itself actually works.

iKitten, metr0n0me, riri30 and 3 others like this.
  15. SpongeyStar

SpongeyStar Professor in Wumbology

unban kdoc viperfan and darkknight the dum b O

that is all

p.s it should be a christMASS unban
    get it
    because its almost christmas
    and its a mass unban
    xd

16. Meznik

Meznik Celebrity Meeper

no

GroovyGrevous likes this.
  17. Deinen

Deinen S'all Good Man

Nothing short of a brand new server that isn't blacklisted is going to work.

I've poured countless hours into this server and it's hard to admit -- But it's just too little too late, anything happening now is digging a bigger hole in attempt to dig yourself out. The answer is so obvious it's a bit frustrating nobody is willing to attempt it because anything is literally better than what is now. The prevailing attitude of nothing will come of the EULA and denial when something came to it effectively killed this server, community and the work all of us put into it.

Something could be salvaged if people just admitted the position they were in and tried to build something new with some fresh life in it, rather than working to put bricks into an already crumbling building. It's silly, nothing more nothing less.

A mass unban isn't going to fix it, just like nothing else will fix it. Minecraft still has 70+ million users on it and you could easily rebuild something new and fresh and run with it but it won't happen because you keep trying to salvage something that is clearly now scrap.

Dem0Gorgon, Pmx728, Klitch and 11 others like this.
  18. kittynom

kittynom Celebrity Meeper

+3.14159265359

SpongeyStar likes this.
  19. Viperfan

Viperfan Celebrity Meeper Staff Member Game Designer

this is probably the truest thing i've heard

boombox123 likes this.
  20. CryogenicNewt05

CryogenicNewt05 Popular Meeper

How come this server got blacklisted in the first place?