1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

MeepStatistician -> Helper MeepStatistician

Discussion in 'Accepted' started by MeepStats, Sep 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MeepStats

MeepStats Legendary Member

In Game Name: [101 101 110 110 1001 111 1000 100 101 101 101] 10 101 101 101 110 110 10101 1101 101 101 11001 101 101 1 10101 1 11000 11000 101 1100 101 1 10101 101 110 110*
    Skype Username: *censored*
    Teamspeak Username: www.teamspeak.com is temporarily unavailable.
    Mic use: Possible, but likely minimal.
    Timezone: EST
    Hours online per weekday: 2
    Hours online per weekend: 4
    Position Changes: Economic Adviser guy -> Economic Adviser guy who is also a Helper

Introduction: Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls: Hi. I'm MeepStats. As many of you may already know, I have been the anonymous provider of economic statistics for everyone to enjoy. Although it has only been a month since I joined the forums, I have been an active member ingame since January 2013. In my month on the forums, however, I have been relatively active, providing a wealth of useful content for fellow users.

Why should you be Helper?: Ever since I joined MeepCraft nearly 9 months ago, I have been fascinated by the server. It has its ups and downs, to be sure, but nothing quite compares to the unique community we have here. Additionally, the economic aspects are especially fascinating. Over that past month, I have expressed my interest in the economy by providing detailed statistics about the monetary ebbs and flows of the server.

In addition to my analytic input, I think many of the people who know me ingame would attest to the fact that I am relatively helpful in shout. If someone asks a question, I'll usually be one of the first to answer. I am by no means one of the most popular participants on the server, but I do what I can.

As you may have noticed by now, I have a penchant for unusually astute selections in my vocabulary. While I do not wish to speak in a manner that would require everyone to keep a dictionary handy, you can be quite sure that I will never stoop to a level where my interaction with other players would be anything but the best.

While I've already accrued a relatively solid understanding of the various rules and regulations on server activity just by playing, I have taken the time to carefully read an examine every available topic in the Rules forum. I understand this should be an obvious prerequisite for being staff, but I just wanted to make it perfectly clear ahead of time that I have properly informed myself of the current status of the server's statutes. I am already quite familiar with many of the commands presented to MeepCraft's Helpers, but I would gratefully appreciate any help, advice, and/or suggestions given by (potentially) fellow staff members.

I've recognized that I already spend a significant portion of my free time playing and helping out with the server in various ways, from providing help to other users, giving economic advice to the general public, or suggesting new configurations for plugins. To be able to do so in an official capacity would be quite beneficial to all.

Weaknesses: I'm going to be perfectly honest and say... time. I have a very busy College schedule, and I may or may not have unexpected periods of inactivity. Additionally, I currently don't have a TS account (the site's down). However, I have already received confirmation from an Administrator that this is okay for now.

Conclusion: I trust that I have presented my case in a solid, professional manner. I look forward to hopefully further serving the community in an official way ingame. Regardless of the outcome of this application, I will continue to faithfully provide my economic updates on the forum.

I apologize for maintaining my anonymity even in a staff application, but I wanted to give it one last shot for those who have been attempting to derive my identity for the past month. I will promptly provide hints to my code as necessary - I obviously cannot stay in my current disguised state much longer.

*Because it's no fun to just reveal myself. I didn't spend a month carefully keeping myself anonymous for nothing. Try decoding** it - it's not very hard.

**Footnote-ception. Make sure to explain how you did it. :)

2. RuSiaN_PeDoBeaRAppeal

RuSiaN_PeDoBeaRAppeal Meeper

nice name +1

MeepStats likes this.
  3. CyborgZeroX

CyborgZeroX -=Retired Staff Member=- Elder

+1

MeepStats likes this.
  4. adtheren

adtheren Popular Meeper

+1.

Ps, the teamspeak server is ts.meepcraft.com

Last edited: Sep 28, 2013
    MeepStats likes this.
  5. chaos546

chaos546 Canadian Forums Stalker

+1, you are remarkable.

MeepStats likes this.
  6. NorthernLights17

NorthernLights17 Celebrity Meeper

7. bass_flow

bass_flow Celebrity Meeper

You know to fully understand your qualities as a helper we really need to know who you are so you know until you tell us my score is at 0

8. chaos546

chaos546 Canadian Forums Stalker

Higher up staff know their ign.

superbros1211 and bass_flow like this.
  9. MeepStats

*nudge* Binary.

Imperfectly likes this.
  10. bass_flow

bass_flow Celebrity Meeper

i don't want to sound dumb but what does binary mean?

11. MeepStats

You know what decimal means, right? It's the number system we use 99.9% of the time. Another term for this is base 10. This means that there are 10 digits in the system, 0-9.

Additionally, the base of the system affects the place-value of a digit. For example, the "3" in "532" represents a 30, because it is in the second spot - sometimes known as the tenths place.

The math behind that is for the nth spot in the number, the digit has a value of (number*(base^(n-1))). So, in our example, we're in the 2nd spot (counting from right to left), with a base of 10. Our number is 3, so we have (3*(10^(2-1))) = 3*(10^1) = 30.

In binary ("bi" means two), we only work with two digits, 0 and 1 - so we're in base two. It's also what computers run on. So, for example, 110 in binary is 1*2^2 for the first digit, 1*2^1 for the second, and 0*2^0 for the third. Add it all up and you get 6.

Does that answer your question?

12. Filipe1212

Filipe1212 Active Meeper

It's the code with the 1's and 0's that you see in like the matrix and stuff. However, when I try to decode the binary code, I get this:
    ·iñ-µ·jí¹·^1rëv
    Now tell Meepstats, is that your name?

maxyman102 likes this.
  13. MeepStats

Not quite :)

Each binary number is separated by a space - it seems you tried to do it all at once or something. For example, the first two would translate to "[5 5 ".

Perhaps there is yet another layer of the puzzle, hm?

14. maxyman102

maxyman102 Meeper

Damn I confused!?!?!

15. Filipe1212

Filipe1212 Active Meeper

You're not telling me you also coded it into ASCII now are you?

16. MeepStats

It is specifically neither ASCII nor Unicode. The numbers will translate to letters eventually.

Nager2012 likes this.
  17. Filipe1212

Filipe1212 Active Meeper

You dirty dog....It's in Hex

18. MeepStats

The binary step is the only base conversion you will have to do. There's no hexadecimal :)

19. MeepStats

It's Binary -> Decimal -> Text. I think you're overcomplicating it. The Decimal -> Text is pretty simple.

20. Filipe1212

Filipe1212 Active Meeper

If I'm overcomplicating it, I must be an imbecile, because no matter what I do, I can't get this to convert to any meaningful words

ï?
    ÀRÆ?

At this rate I'm going to give up.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.