1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Why the Mooville GMA Damages Meep's Towny: A Plea to All Who Care for Meep's Welfare

Discussion in 'Towns Archive' started by _EggsBenedict_, Feb 25, 2018.

?

Is the Mooville GMA Harming towns all while serving no beneficial purpose?

1. Yes

61.5%
  2. No

38.5%
  1. _EggsBenedict_

_EggsBenedict_ Meeper

Recently, the General Mooville Area program has been gaining popularity, and multiple towns have entered the program. As the numbers rise in Mooville's resident count, so do the concerns of neighboring towns and players. Here's why the Mooville GMA damages the idea of a Towny server.

Contention 1: Suffocation Nation

First, the politics of the GMA don't fit within a towny program. The Mooville GMA creates a faction-like band which alienates small towns outside the program. The point of an economy server is well, economics, and the Mooville GMA not only negates to give economic benefits to their GMA towns, but only focuses on political aspects. Not only politics, however, but the GMA creates a specific type of segregation in the towny community. In my own personal experience with my new town, Foodville, I recieved large amounts of pressure from Mooville's mayor to join the GMA. When I refused, an inordinate amount of shade and disdain was received from both Mooville's mayor and staff. Specifically, when I decided to keep connections to the town I previously lived in, Legend. The response I got from Mooville's staff was "Why Legend over Mooville?" and multiple cutting comments slandering Legend as "backstabbers". I felt ambushed and pressured by staff to break ties Legend. During this, my main question was why, as a community, there was such an extreme amount of tension which- at least from my perspective- was very one-sided. In conclusion, the only real purpose the GMA has so far served is an unneeded dose of tension and isolation between Mooville and the rest of the Towny world.

Contention 2: Creating a Drought

Second, as Meep has had trouble increasing player count and inspiration in a towny world, the Mooville GMA tramples newcomers and aspiring town owners. People who decide to own a town in the server have most recently had two choices.

1. Join Mooville's GMA and receive "benefits and connections"
    2. Don't join, and forever be isolated and looked down upon- not to mention have trouble growing as a town.

Thus, the lack of flexibility and overload of pressure causes new town owners and players to feel demotivated as their options in the server seem relatively limited. As a new town owner myself, all i have received after not joining the GMA was not only direct hate from Mooville staff but also a struggle in gaining my own residents. After I experienced a gain in residents in my town, my joy was diminished when... oddly, ALL of them left for Mooville. While I do not accuse anyone of any foul play here, I found that to be rather.. convenient?

In total, the progression of the Mooville GMA not only defeats the point of a towny server, but it hinders Meep from quickly growing to be a greater server. Thus, All the General Mooville area creates is a general sense of animosity.

boombox123, OKNEM, SuperDyl and 7 others like this.
  2. CryogenicNewt05

CryogenicNewt05 Popular Meeper

Note that according to twomoo1119, he called it "Greater Mooville Area".

3. CasualNuker

CasualNuker Celebrity Meeper

Meepcity is having hard times growing recently I suspect this is the issue

boombox123 and SuperDyl like this.
  4. CryogenicNewt05

Athens is having the same troubles, heck even Legend agrees with us

boombox123 and SuperDyl like this.
  5. FamousZAmos

FamousZAmos Popular Meeper

Fellas, this is a capitalist server.

Twomoo is an awful person, yes. He's a huge jerk and more of an arrogant scumbag than even me. But the GMA is a brilliant idea. Badly executed, sure, but a good idea. It takes the practical function of a nation, makes it a collection of cities, and everyone's physical shops (pwarps or no) benefit. Problem is, people and mayors are apt to change with little to no reason or get angry at the slightest things. GMA is going to get absolutely destroyed inside and out pretty quickly. (Basically it's all fun and games until someone raids another town's dead plots, or claims in a way "they weren't supposed to") You gotta remember, this is a collection of the least mature players on the server, it's destined to fail spectacularly. (I'm super hyped for some kind of mass-ban :joy:) On another note, whether it's "suffocating" your towns or not, it's largely because they grouped together and make a massive deal about it, causing people to say "hmm that's an interesting idea might join" and since it's already big, new players join. (Although if you're new, joining Athens is a much better idea because they have many experienced players, a dope mayor, and Cryo)

Basically tl;dr

Either stop whining about it and advertise your own town more, or join the GMA (if you can't fight it, go along with it)

Marshy_88 and evilalec555 like this.
  6. CryogenicNewt05

what do I have to do with Athens?

7. FamousZAmos

You're in it, no?

SuperDyl likes this.
  8. _EggsBenedict_

_EggsBenedict_ Meeper

The thing is, zamos, that I’ve received direct threats and blackmail from mooville staff. It’s not just a concern for function, it’s corrupting the welfare of meep.

9. CasualMow

CasualMow Celebrity Meeper

OK He is a scumbag and you are too but this form post is absolutely ridiculous 1. Eggs telling you reality is not a threat or blackmail its just the truth 2. If you think this is by any chance harming our town its not its actually growing 3. If you think the MGA is just mooville its not its several large towns combined to form one area, Were just trying to create a large town area instead of scattered ones over meep. 4. I understand that you think were isolated but I personally was trying to fix that By buying Old New_London from legend to begin to form connections with legend and other towns but of course twomoos always like NO i wanna keep it in one area, As a actual Co-mayor Incognito i can understand your complaints and i am more than willing to talk to you about them and find a resolve that everyone wins and no one looses in but Cowering in your town (I am now hooked on blueberry muffins now because of that build xD) and posting a forums post to get stuff like this out there is no way to change stuff you gotta bring it up in one of the MGAs congress sessions where Every town in the MGA has the same amount of votes regardless of their size or power. If someone has a problem don't be afraid to speak to me about it and ill try to fix it this is what the GMA is here for.

10. FamousZAmos

Talking to Cryo about athens.

In english, please.

Don't call me out on things I never said or inferred. I said it was benefiting you, read the post before commenting.

what the heck

The opposite of pro is con. The opposite of Progress is a Congress. This is another reason the whole GMA thing is going to absolutely blow up.

Please read my post before quoting it and going on a rant that isn't related to what I said.

11. CasualMow

1. First if it was not going to work the GMA would not be here right now and as a matter of fact its expanding with great speed currently 2. A congress lets ALL towns decide on most matters unless its like a town wanting to join, this is why GMA is so important in meep.

12. FamousZAmos

It's going to get massive. My prediction is it hits 500 or 600 and you or twomoo do something stupid and it blows up in your face. But yes, you're right, as of the exact moment, things are booming

Oh boy.
    How self absorbed are you?
    There are probably 200-400 people in the GMA (correct me if I'm wrong)
    There are more than that in Legend.
    There is probably 600-100o+ other people who are outside the GMA
    The GMA does not affect around 50-80% of the playerbase, thus it's pretty insignificant in the grand scheme of things. I realize it's fun to create drama and excitement and try something new, and that's fine, no worries. The reason I think it's a bad idea is because 1: The people running it are awful at working with people. And 2: Meep players are really unpredictable. It's natural and to be expected. 11-17 year olds are the main playerbase; you'll note that's the age where logical thinking, morals, and abstract thought begin. I'm not saying "yur dumb bcoz your a kid lelel" I'm saying everyone here is just a little big mentally unstable except for the older (adults) and more mature (Clueless) players. Best of luck to everyone in the GMA, but keep in mind that there's 200-400 other opinions than yours. If you respond to new players as defensively as you're responding to me, then you're setting yourself up for failure.

tl;dr this has nothing to do with whether the GMA is fair or not, of course it's fair. It's a really good idea, just badly executed and I think it's going to end really badly with a lot of hurt feelings and hatred. Hopefully not, but history tends to repeat itself.

lanekids40 likes this.
  13. CasualMow

If its "Pretty insignificant in the grand scheme of things" then why are you arguing that it must change its ways? also I am pretty much the main runner of the town other than twomoo because i know how to relate to younger people as i am young too also if someone screws up the MGA they better be prepared to get a beating from me because ill be a anaconda on there behind for ever. I helped found the MGA to provide a stable town for all players this is why its so important right now.

14. bloodyghost

bloodyghost local haunt

I think the GMA is a great idea, but as Zamos said I question its stability in the long term. If what other players are saying is true, using less aggressive tactics may be beneficial. In the end, it will be an interesting case study.

If these players are making you uncomfortable or doing something illegal please feel free to file a player report or a modreq.

Enron and SuperDyl like this.
  15. FamousZAmos

I'm not...? Just predicting what's going to happen.

pretty self-absorbed

Ignoring that you just completely contradicted "it's not just Mooville"...
    It doesn't provide any more stability than a decently run town already did

SuperDyl likes this.
  16. J055Y_

J055Y_ Celebrity Meeper

FamousZAmos basically already said the point I was going to make, but I'll just expand a little bit...

1. This is a capitalist server - competition is necessary for it to work.
    2. That competition can be run by anyone, be them smart, stupid, mature, immature, etc.
    3. The methods by which entities compete for power in a market is up to them (unless you have trade laws and such which prohibit certain practices).
    4. When entities face volatile methods from separate entities (as we see here), the entities being threatened face the choice of whether to complain to the governing power (like what is happening in this post), or respond with their own volatile tactics.
    5. As the competition stakes increase, so will the pressure for change (as we see now).
    6. When that pressure increases, that is when all of the stupid, immature, (insert more negative traits here) people will fail.
    7. In the aftermath, smaller conglomerations will drive to compete in a given market and the cycle will continue.
    If I'm honest I kind of see this thread as a bit pointless. What is currently happening with the GMA is a natural occurrence in capitalism and it is up to the other respective entities in the market (the other towns) to utilize their resources (be it separately, nationwide, or otherwise) to combat this effectively. How they do it is up to them (as previously mentioned). I have already had talks with Adrian about ways to combat it, which are now implemented.

All I can say to everyone else who is relying on a greater power to intervene is this: Stand on your own two legs, when hard times come (as they naturally do) it is normal that you will need to put that extra 10% in to compensate. What I dislike is the thought that you could be up and running, and then have smooth sailing for eternity. If reality has anything to show, it's that this never happens. And to be honest I'm glad that this is the case as it would be terribly boring to do anything if there was no competition, thus no incentive or reason to strive for improvement. This is an economy server, therefore I feel that all attributes of economics should be exercised in this environment.

SuperDyl and FamousZAmos like this.
  17. twomoo1119

twomoo1119 Celebrity Meeper

I apologize to eggs for going a bit overboard with getting her into the GMA, however, I understand that eggs went to my staff after talking to me and since they had not realised I already pushed eggs a bit too hard to join and felt obligated to make her join as they felt it was their duty as staff. The GMA exists because I’m friendly with almost all the mayors that are in it and thats why it is stable. I repeat that this was an iscolated incident in which I personally went too far and then my staff (not understanding) also went too far. I have no desire to incorporate you into the GMA and unless you ask, you will not be bothered by me or my staff futher.
    --- Double Post Merged, Feb 26, 2018, Original Post Date: Feb 26, 2018 ---
    xD

Mooville wont pass 200 by much, if

smk likes this.
  18. FamousZAmos

GMA =/= mooville

SuperDyl likes this.
  19. twomoo1119

twomoo1119 Celebrity Meeper

I doubt the gma will go past 350

20. _EggsBenedict_

_EggsBenedict_ Meeper

Actually, it wasn't "just the truth." You threatened me and my town multiple times.
    --- Double Post Merged, Feb 26, 2018, Original Post Date: Feb 26, 2018 ---
    I don't think spamming invites was an isolated incident, though. To me, that is evidence of a lack of professionality.