1. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  2. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  3. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Continue here about guns.

Discussion in 'Debates' started by KlutchDecals, Nov 2, 2016.

1. MeepLord27

MeepLord27 Popular Meeper

Please do

Blue_Marlin and evilalec555 like this.
  2. Epicdude141

Epicdude141 Celebrity Meeper

The republican party was the party for liberal ideas, and thus the democratic party was the opposite during the 19th and early 20th century. The modern republican party's ideals are very different than the ones that passed that anti-slavery legislation.

3. MeepLord27

When do you think the parties supposedly switched ideals? The 1965 civil Rights act was reliant on Republicans in Congress.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2018
    Blue_Marlin and evilalec555 like this.
  4. Epicdude141

After Teddy Roosevelt's presidency is when the shift started to happen and gained speed throughout FDR's presidency but AFAIK it wasn't until mid 1980's-1990's when it completely finalized. Either way that's still almost 30-40 years ago

5. MeepLord27

I don't wanna get off topic but this seems like an argument that would be really hard to proof or disprove, either way Imel's assertion that Republicans are constantly in the way of progress is historically ignorant.

6. Epicdude141

That's true I'm not denying that, I'm just asserting that the people behind the then-democratic party and now republican party are constantly in the way of progress.

7. xAZN_SJx

xAZN_SJx Celebrity Meeper

How are you going to claim that cars, drugs, etc. kill people and then say, "Guns actually don’t kill people. People kill people."? You're contradicting yourself. Is it people who kill people, or are you just spewing out bs statistics in attempt to justify guns in America?

Most often, women have abortions because they cannot afford to support their offsprings so unless you're going to provide the appropriate support and care for these children, don't claim you're pro-life.

Yes, you could injure or kill someone with almost anything, but the issue with guns and not cars, drugs, alcohol, etc. is that its intended use is to harm someone! The intended use for cars is transportation and though you could use it as a weapon, chances are, people don't buy cars with murder in mind.

tl;dr
    view picture attached - could not have said it better myself.[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Zesk likes this.
  8. evilalec555

evilalec555 Celebrity Meeper

The party ideal switch never happened

Blue_Marlin likes this.
  9. MeepLord27

It is incredibly easy (and will only get easier) to fabricate a gun in the safety of one's home illegally with a 3d printer or milling machine. Anyone who desires a gun for illicit activity will always be able to get a gun, banning guns will only keep guns out of the hands of people with respect for the law.
    --- Double Post Merged, Feb 25, 2018, Original Post Date: Feb 25, 2018 ---
    Fact check: poor people are alive
    Conclusion: I can hypothetically be pro life and still allow people to be poor

10. Blue_Marlin

Blue_Marlin Popular Meeper

@MeepLord27 - I personally could careless. But I do believe in compromise. So let me have pretty much any kind of gun I want and in return I’ll agree that citizens shouldnt be given army tanks.

@Epicdude141
    “It doesn’t say anything about a wall”
    “It just says how a wall won’t work”.

...... what.....

Also @Epicdude141 - the party never switched. Please refer to the amazing Dinesh D’Souza for the amazing explanation. (You can YouTube it, I don’t feel like doing that right now).

@xAZN_SJx - I know a lot of people (including my family) who buy guns with the intention of shooting skeet & hunting. None of us have bought a gun with the intention of killing a person. (Not saying many don’t). But MOST Americans don’t buy a gun with murder in mind. There are far more normal & stable Americans that can buy a gun and don’t go on a killing spree than those who do.

Another issue of mine is the guns smuggled into the country via other countries. Ex: Mexico. To deny the fact that people won’t get guns is insane. We need guns. Many crimes have been stopped with guns. I do agree with some sort of regulation & maybe a mental health test every so many years (or idk something) but to attempt to ban guns or regulate them heavily is nonsense. IMO we need more guns. We had less school shootings before school campus’ became anti gun. How about we add a few armed guards in there.

AND just because you’re poor doesn’t give you the right to abort your baby. Adoption is always an option and is free! Most of the time you can even find someone who will take care of YOU & YOUR BABY while you’re pregnant & then raise your baby as their own. Stop making excuses to justify abortion. Unless the mom is going to die or be harmed, save the baby. (That’s for another thread, this is a gun thread, make a new thread or meet me in another thread & I’ll be more than happy to talk about that!)

evilalec555 likes this.
  11. MeepLord27

So ideally, in a world without whiny liberal snowflake sjw cuck anti-white communists, you would be fine with the whole of society being able to get machine guns, nuclear bombs, anti-aircraft guns, world-vaporizing orbital cannons, privately financed death stars, etc.

FamousZAmos likes this.
  12. xAZN_SJx

A 3D printer costs thousands. While it may be easy to fabricate one using a 3D printer, how many citizens have access to 3D printers in comparison to guns? Though those with a desire for illicit activity may find alternatives, it really shouldn't be this easy to harm dozens within minutes.

13. MeepLord27

1) you can rent a 3d printer
    2) 3d to printers are not nearly that expensive. The fact that you think this shows you don't know anything about 3d printers.
    3) mass shooters have no regard for their long term status, so something being difficult or expensive isn't going to discourage them. Someone with the will to murder another isn't going to just give up because they have to spend more money and more time.

Blue_Marlin and FamousZAmos like this.
  14. FamousZAmos

FamousZAmos Popular Meeper

If you truly think guns cause violence... they don't. It's humans who cause violence.

If I wanted to harm a whole lot of people, I would make a pipe bomb. You know why? They're cheap, easy to make, versatile materials, and hurt a lot of people. They're so dangerous in fact, that setting one off and killing people isn't even legal!!
    In all seriousness, getting an illegal gun is very easy. Do you want the "bad guys" to be the only ones with guns?

Edit: No I wouldn't actually make a pipe bomb. I'm simply pointing out it's EXTREMELY easy to hurt people if you want to.

or find another, easier, less regulated alternative. (Good luck making homemade bombs difficult to make/obtain)

SpongeyStar likes this.
  15. Blue_Marlin

LOL - when you put it like that. YES!

No jk, I meant that as in I don’t particularly care about what gun you have. I just think we need to find a way to regulate who gets them. Am I making sense?
    --- Double Post Merged, Feb 25, 2018, Original Post Date: Feb 25, 2018 ---
    Was it a gun who ran over all those people in NY?

16. MeepLord27

The argument I am trying to make is that limiting something because of its potential for misuse not only makes sense but is neccesity: nuclear weapons don't kill people, people kill people, but because the potential for nuclear weapons to be misused is so great we heavily restrict them. I feel once you concede that nuclear weapons can be restricted the argument of "people kill people" falls flat.

Blue_Marlin likes this.
  17. Blue_Marlin

That’s a good point. I don’t think we should have Americans walking around with most military style weapons. But to restrain someone from getting an AR-15 is as I pretty much said before, nonsense. It was an AR-15 that stopped a school shooter.

MeepLord27 and FamousZAmos like this.
  18. xAZN_SJx

I'm personally against hunting, forcing women to have babies, and the like, but yes, those are discussions for another time.

Regarding your push for more guns as a solution:
    https://www.google.ca/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2018/02/23/politics/lapierre-nra-analysis/index.html

There is no easy solution to this, but the amount of headlines surrounding gun violence itself is a clear indication that something must be done. I am a Canadian student and personally speaking, it is much harder for citizens to get guns. In turn, we have significantly fewer gun casualities in comparison to the US. I have not experienced the American lifestyle, so perhaps there are things that I do not understand, but just an idea.

19. FamousZAmos

FamousZAmos Popular Meeper

hmmm
    "Here's definitive proof that a good guy with a gun doesn't always stop a bad guy with a gun"
    Of course it doesn't always work. Nothing is 100%. However you can't argue that armed guards heavily discourage shooters.

You have less people, and a less violent population (Yes, I know not all Canadians are nice, but they sure as h*ck are less bloodthirsty)

Then don't do it. Me hunting has absolutely 0 impact on your life.

save abortion for its own thread, don't bring all that into a nice discussion about firearms

Clearly.

We don't have people who kill because they have guns.
    We have people who have guns to kill.

SpongeyStar likes this.
  20. Blue_Marlin

FamousZAmos likes this.