1. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  2. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  3. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Meep Businesses

Discussion in 'Denied' started by diamondkid123456, Jan 18, 2018.

1. SuperDyl

SuperDyl Popular Meeper

Think about what happens if you run out of money--you lose ownership of certain things such as plots and pwarps. I don't think a corporation should be able to overdraw from its owners/stock holders as it could easily lead to scamming and abuse. Instead, running out of money should just act as if a player runs out of money because it's the simple solution which doesn't create large problems.

Bokoblincraft likes this.
  2. Deinen

Deinen S'all Good Man

Absolutely no offense meant.

1) Towny is incredibly difficult to change, and...

2) There is nobody qualified on this server to edit towny to that extent nor create such a well thought out and extensive suggestion as this.

Enron, SuperDyl, Kling and 1 other person like this.
  3. diamondkid123456

diamondkid123456 Popular Meeper

No offence taken, I agree lol. Did it for practice :p Ig they could implement it in the future if the server made a comeback ig

4. Deinen

Deinen S'all Good Man

It's not that the server is in bad shape running wise. Towny is incredibly complex and to edit it or build your suggestion would take a big time investment.

I suggested we make towny more complex for years now, had we begun back then, right now we'd be able to offer a product simply better than the other towny servers, thus a draw for population.

5. Kling

Kling Break blocks not hearts

Been wanting Towny additions for a long time but as Deinen mentioned it is a complex plugin to add additions, just a small mixup can make it all go sideways. To work on something like this it would take a paid tech because a lot of time will be invested to produce a project of this scale. Brilliant suggestion though I must say!

alex77034 and SuperDyl like this.
  6. CasualMow

CasualMow Celebrity Meeper

+1 I wana startup Catco as a offical bussness

7. iPolarFlame

iPolarFlame Popular Meeper

I love the whole idea of businesses in Meepcraft. It would be a good way to earn money for new players and you could have a job description room and explain what they can do and when they will be paid (how to get bonuses, etc.). Meepcraft has a lot of issues and a lot of things to work out, the sad part is, this won't happen anytime soon because of the high pressure on the devs on so many other projects. I think this would be amazing if done correctly and really help new players find a stream of revenue and experienced players have more fun playing Meepcraft. I know you are passionate about this idea because of how much time and effort you put into it, if enough players feel the same way I do about this project it could work out. But again, the devs are very busy with fixing almost everything in Meepcraft so this would definitely take some time to implement. :)

SuperDyl and CluelessKlutz like this.
  8. twomoo1119

twomoo1119 Celebrity Meeper

I k lordinatuer was making a community dev team, possibly this could create this/free up time for techs to do stuff.

SuperDyl and iPolarFlame like this.
  9. Bobius

Bobius Popular Meeper

Good idea, but some other things need to be fixed first.

Also adding businesses means adding a bunch of other stuff too

SuperDyl likes this.
  10. alex77034

alex77034 Hey baby, I hear the blues a-callin'

I like the idea, but as other people stated, trying to edit towny is almost like sticking your hand through a bunch of thorns.

SuperDyl likes this.
  11. SuperDyl

SuperDyl Popular Meeper

Side effects include: intense confusion, nausea, disdain of all code towny, heart attacks, suicidal tendencies, screaming, crying in corners, depression, and demolishing computing devices. If any of these or other negative side effects occur while editing the towny plugin, turn off your computer and seek professional help immediately before towny takes your soul.

CluelessKlutz and alex77034 like this.
  12. Flamedemond2

Flamedemond2 Highly flammable

Denied for now, but definitely something worth revisiting in the future.