1. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  2. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  3. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Supermods should NOT be able to comment on staff complaints

Discussion in 'Denied' started by reggles44, Aug 26, 2017.

1. reggles44

reggles44 NANA NaNa nana NaNa NANA NaNa nana NaNa, REGGLES! Elder

Hello,

As the title implies supermods should not be able to comment on staff complaints, a response to a full complaint against another staff member should be handled by an Admin who will be making an executive decision on that complaint. A supermods simply doesn't have the position or responsibility to deal with any serious allegations.

Thoughts? Comments? Complaints?

2. iKitten

iKitten >^-^<

Well to me it depends, because on one hand, some Super-Mods may not be mature enough or responsible enough to do it, on the other hand, I think Super-Mods at the moment are. And although the Admins may have been here longer with a little more experience, the Super-Mods are still experienced people and could handle it too. Other than that I don't have much else to say, as I really haven't done any staff complaints in the past, but this is just a thought.

3. Kling

Kling Break blocks not hearts

I'm not bothered what happens but believe there's not really any problem if supermods comment on staff complains, been like that for yonks.

Klitch, Natsu, riri30 and 6 others like this.
  4. CryogenicNewt05

CryogenicNewt05 Popular Meeper

tbh I always thought that if you're mean to a staff member that staff member will perm you.
    --- Double Post Merged, Aug 26, 2017, Original Post Date: Aug 26, 2017 ---
    why aren't you admin anymore?

EllieEllie likes this.
  5. Adrian

Adrian Epic Staff Member Administrator

-1 supermods are perfectly capable

SuperDyl, Natsu, riri30 and 4 others like this.
  6. Kling

Kling Break blocks not hearts

Have you seen me? I cut my finger with a butter knife today.

qazini, LR_Davius, SuperDyl and 10 others like this.
  7. Courtneyyy

Courtneyyy Admin Princess Staff Member Helper Media Elder

Supermods have a level of trust within the team and if you don't think a supermod can do the job at hand fairly then they shouldn't be a supermod in the first place. Also overtime the position of supermod has lost the touch it once had and they hardly have anything to do but watch over the staff and that includes staff comments. We might as well take away the supermod position as it may be the least needed with least responsibility at this moment.

8. Draqq

Draqq beans on toast

current supermods are more capable than the current admins

9. Muunkee

Muunkee Legendary art supply hoarder

If you want staff complaints resolved in a timely manner, youre gonna want supers to be able to do it.either way the supers are more than capable. So... Why??

10. reggles44

There seem to be some confusion about what I implied by position and responsibility so let me explain a bit more. I was refering to the situation where an admin is the final deciding vote for a demotion or internal issue. This does not mean supermods don't play a big part in the decision making process to handle complaints but simply put they are not the final decision makers. Since that decision on how to handle the situation is finalized by the admin it should be the admin's (or someone specifically assign to it) who is a primary means of communication.

Example:
    Company hires someone and the first day they go to HR to get setup and shown around. They are there for a while and maybe one day someone complains about their quality of work. Now their manger has to go and review the complaint. The manager ends up deciding they want the person fired so they go to HR and say lets fire this person. Now HR has to setup the exit process for that person (removing them from computers, exit interview, getting back company property etc).

So now in that example HR is comparable to Admin's (Or a specifically assign entity to deal with this) which is the primary means of communication as well as the functional body behind the firing and the overall final decision makers.

Does this clear it up?

BlackJack likes this.
  11. Courtneyyy

Nobody ever makes a complaint in that significance to warrant a demotion.

12. reggles44

There were enough complaints to get you demoted.
    Also @CluelessKlutz next time you delete something message the person about it first. K Thanks.

13. Grandblue

Grandblue Celebrity Meeper

I honestly believe reggles is more capable than anyone on the current staff. +1

MeepLord27, Pmx728 and PseudoGod like this.
  14. Courtneyyy

Considering I wasn't demoted and your information is false shows how much you know. Anyways I'm not here to argue with you like you love to do but if you were able to look at staff comments they consist of "kling is a noob" "kling doesn't eat pickles on his burgers" crap like that. Don't attack me and get over yourself and your hatred to me it's getting old.

15. xT3Kx

xT3Kx Retired AF Elder

I get where you are going with this. If someone reports a Supermod I don't understand why they can see and comment on their own report. Yes, Supermods are originally trusted more and have a slightly different job, but at the end of the day we are only human. They are capable of making mistakes and also doing unsavory things. Not even sure they should see them, but that's my 2 cents.

16. reggles44

Your the one who jumped on this thread and brought it up, i'm just relaying what I know to be true as it is relevant to the thread and discussion at hand. Furthermore, your experience on the staff team is not the only experience that should be relevant but the previous history of the server where complains would constantly lead to actions taken within the staff team to correct what player complain about. In the case where complaints aren't serious there is no difference between supermod and admin, both people just hit delete and go on with their lives.

17. Courtneyyy

Unfortunately, they don't and nobody on the server takes the staff comment section seriously. Most of them are not anything worth handling. 9 times out of 10 complaints are taken directly to someone or an admin and handled there the staff complaint section is hardly used for what it was intended for. Supers hardly have anything to do as it is having them view a staff complaint section is something else they have. Also, if for some reason the report is towards them then they should understand they shouldn't reply to it and let an admin handle it.

18. reggles44

So just because they don't do much means they should be able to handle these complaints? That makes zero sense. If they don't have something to do they can find something to work on. Every single person on the server knows that there are improvements to be outlined and problems to be solved. If they can't find something to do besides staff complaints they shouldn't be supermod because they missed the point of being part of a team that helps the server.

Bloopers and Pmx728 like this.
  19. DarkKnight49x

DarkKnight49x ⏦ ❀ The True Dark Knight ❀ ⏦

i was told a story by kling
    he was told he didn't have to do anything
    so
    he gets super
    u puss

Natsu, iKitten and onceuponajano like this.
  20. SpongeyStar

SpongeyStar Professor in Wumbology

Supers should be able to deal with staff complaints. they are a high level of authority, second to admin. they were literally hand picked from the mod team to become super so admins must trust them since they chose them. -52.7

but I think supermods should be able to change forum names seeing the long list oF THEM AT THIS Moment..

EllieEllie, Natsu, iKitten and 2 others like this.