1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Wither Grinder?!

Discussion in 'Towns Archive' started by MootPoint MK II, Jul 2, 2017.

1. MootPoint MK II

MootPoint MK II Meeper

Are there any functioning automatic wither star grinders in towny are those even possible? Let me know if I'm wrong but unless withers can't spawn in towny the mob griefing protections of a plof should keep a wither contained and make drowning it or crushing it with pistons doable. And if there are any automatic grinders I would love to visit and buy some beacons or stars so please reply if you own such a machine.

2. Natsu

Natsu Celebrity Meeper

Withers can only be spawned manually by placing wither heads (unless you are t3k) , therefore you can't make automatic. You won't need to make large amounts of beacons, and you won't be able to because each head costs like 7.5k! Also, it's nearly impossible to farm for heads since you can't mine spawners anymore.

3. Peero

Peero Celebrity Meeper

Actually if you use dispensers with heads on soul sand it will place them, so they are fully grindable.

But this wouldn't work anyway. Since mob spawns for withers are so bad, it would be very ineffective.

4. MootPoint MK II

MootPoint MK II Meeper

I don't like calling you peerpoo but I find my cleverness so funny I can't stop myself. ahem anyway obviously you would have to have a wither skeleton farm and yes you would actually have to place the heads because withers are eminently un-farmable by design. I guess the real question I wanted to ask was if towny plots could be harmed by withers? I would find out myself but I haven't been on in a few days

Last edited: Jul 2, 2017
  5. TheTastyNacho

TheTastyNacho Celebrity Meeper

I don't believe this is possible without buying the heads which cost 7.5k each so it wouldn't really be worth it.

6. MootPoint MK II

MootPoint MK II Meeper

There must be a grinder somewhere right?

7. SuperDyl

SuperDyl Popular Meeper

There used to be some easy tutorials for easy wither "grinders". They were semiautomatic and required pistons and nether bedrock. I'll see what I can do...
    --- Double Post Merged, Jul 3, 2017, Original Post Date: Jul 3, 2017 ---
    Update: Old designs are broken. Instead, just go deep underground and hit the wither with a ridiculously sharp sword while wearing ridiculously protective armor.