1. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  2. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  3. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Meeptimes #33

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Midnight_Galaxy, May 26, 2017.

1. Midnight_Galaxy

Midnight_Galaxy ✧゚・:*Forever Reading *:・゚✧

[​IMG]

Oceanside Parties! 2017.

Welcome to The MeepTimes, the twice-monthly update to keep the community in the loop with what’s new, behind the scenes, and in the works. This will be published every other Friday.

Community Events

Ukicorn’s Birthday Party

In the town of Celestite, @GhostlyStar decided to host a surprise birthday party for her friend. Getting together as many people as possible, all in disguises, she brought Uki into the house, where suddenly everyone un-disguised, and yelled, “Happy birthday!” See images from the party here.

Legend Capitol Explosion
    Whenever @AdrianIsEpic is involved, you know something is going to blow up. On Tuesday the 23rd, he took this mindset to the Legend town spawn, and hosted an explosion party for the entire server. See images of the carnage here.

Storytime with the Crew - The Under Water Rescue!

‘Twas a dark and stormy night. The skies clapped violently with thunder and lightning, as the rain poured endlessly onto the city streets. Julious, a young villager, aimlessly walked the streets, unsure of what to do. His friend and brother, Julious had been missing for countless days and it was beginning to take toll on Julious's mind, worrying the worst.

Julious's worries shone clearly on his face and anyone who passed by could clearly see something was troubling this poor young villager. However no one stopped to ask what was wrong, leaving Julious feeling more alone and unable to find hope.

Days had past and Julious went into the Village to seek help, he thought to himself ‘surely someone can help me!’ As he wandered through the town, something occurred to him, there is one person who can find someone to help, “Mayor Meep!” Julious whispered to himself. And so off he went in search of the mayor to plead for his help.

It didn’t take long to find him and as he approached he could only hope that this was the answer to finding his friend.

“Mayor Meep, sir, i have come to request a favour,” Julious proclaimed anxiously.

“What is it my child, i can see something troubles you,” Mayor Meep asks instantly noticing the worry that laces Julious's face.

“My friend Declan has been missing for countless days, he was only meant to be gone for a day or two on a underwater dive, but i fear something has happened to him and i was wondering if you would be able to help,” Julious begged.

“Ah, i see, i will find a brave soul to go search for your friend and i will send them to you!” Mayor Meep proclaimed.

***​

Fred, a young adventurous villager, briskly walked through the town in search of a new adventure. He walked around and asked his fellow townsmen if they had any quests and adventures that he could perform.

Hours had passed and night was starting to set on the town, young Fred was losing hope of finding his adventure he seeked. He walked past the Mayor's house and a thought stuck him, if anyone would have a adventure surely the Mayor would!

Fred calmly walked up to the Mayor and asked, “Excuse me sir, may i borrow a moment of your time?”

Mayor Meep looked at Fred and Smiled, “Of course, what can i do for you this evening?” He asked Fred.

“Well, you see i am looking for a adventure, a quest, something that will make me think and help someone!” Fred answered excitedly.

Mayor Meep paused, “Ah, i see, you are in luck, i have something that might interest you. Another Villager came to me today about their friend who has been missing for a few days, and are in search of a brave individual to locate their friend, are you interested?”

“Of course what do i need to do?” Fred asked.

“Go speak to Julious for more information on the missing case of Declan, you can find him in the tavern! Good luck!” Mayor meep explained.

Fred set off, excited for this new adventure. He reached the tavern quickly and soon found Julious.

“Hello, Mayor Meep sent me about you friend, i am here to help you,” Fred explained to Julious.

“Hi! You must help me! My best friend is missing, he was going on a underwater dive and never returned! The only person i knew he would have spoken to is the boat guide!” Julious exclaimed to Fred.

Fred could see the worry and sadness that Julious was feeling for his lost friend and vowed to locate Declan and re-unite the two no matter the cost.

“Don’t worry, I will find your friend, and the next time you see me i will be bringing him back to you! I promise,” Fred promised to Julious who weakly smiled back.

As Fred was leaving the tavern in search of the boat guide on the docks he could only hope he could find Declan for Julious and that he could keep his promise. Fred walked down the old wooden path towards the Boat guides stall. Once he got there he greeted the tradesman and explained why he was there.

“Hi. Oh you’re looking for Declan, yea I gave him a boat, if you can give me an Empty Map and a piece of Coal I can draw you a map!” The boat guide explained to Fred who thanked the man and left to go in seek of the items.

It didn’t take him long to return after checking his supplies and going on a quick mining expedition to find some iron, he returned to the boat guide with the requested items.

“Here are what you requested,” Fred said.

“Thank you! Here is your map!” The boat guide exclaimed.

The map that Fred was given, sent him in the direction of a new part of town, on the opposite side of the Football pitch. Once he got there he saw a fisherman, he approached the man, “Hello, you don't happen to know about a missing villager named Declan who went on a diving expedition a few days ago?” Fred asked hopefully.

“I’m sorry I don’t know anything about him, but maybe the Captain lance, Pirate of the seas does!” The fisherman answered and then quickly returned to his fishing.

Fred knew exactly where to find Captain Lance, he soon approached the pirate whom had found himself a swimming pig to ride. Baffled by what he saw, Fed asked the captain if he has seen Declan.

“I not know what ye speak of! But maybe if i had meself some riches i might be able to remember me self something” The captain answered disorientated.

Confused Fred asked what the Captain wanted, and he demanded to have 10 golden nuggets. Fred went to his vault to gather the gold and returned to the captain, “Here is your gold, now please tell me what you know,” Fred demanded.

“Arrrr yes i remember! He was going in the direction of an underground dungeon he was. No one goes there the coordinates of the tunnel are 307, 58, -65,” The pirate informed Fred.

Intrigued by the news Fred set off in the directions of the tunnels, he found himself going down a water passage and past a lost looking villager named Quint, unsure of what was past the water, Fred set off ready to face anything. Once he entered the cave, he instantly saw a disheveled villager in the corner guarded by a intimidating, ghastly creature, as he approached he recognized it to be the Sea Witch, a creature no one thought existed.

Once he was close enough that the creature noticed its eyes flew open with rage and it let out a bellowing scream, “AGHHHHHHH GET OUT LEAVE! YOU CAN NEVER DEFEAT ME!! THE ONLY THING THAT CAN EVER KILL ME IS THE SEA KINGS MIGHTY SWORD!”

Fred stumbled back startled by the outburst tripping on what appeared to be a rock in the process, as was falling he noticed he seemed to be going down a stream. As he reached the end he looked around and gasped at the underground tunnels he had stumbled across. As he gazed and explored the cavern with his eyes he noticed a Villager to his right and decided to go talk to him and ask if he knew of the sea king. Once he got closer to the man Fred noticed that the man was actually the Sea King and gasped in surprise.

“Erm, excuse me, er Your Majesty?” Fred stuttered.

“You want my sword i see? I will give it to you on one condition, bring me some food other than fish! I’m so sick of it!” The sea King exclaimed shocking Fred, how could it be this man knew what he was after.

Fred quickly reached into his supplies and brought out some cooked meat as a offering to the king, “Here sir, i hope this is suffice.”

“Thank you! Here is the weapon!” The Sea King replied handing the player the weapon.

Fred thanked the king and headed back towards the witch determined to defeat her and return Declan to Julious.

Once he approached the sea witch he showed her the sword and she screamed in outrage, “NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO DON’T KILL ME PLEASE I WILL DO ANYTHING! I SURRENDER!”

Fred was surprised by this, but didn’t argue and quickly rushed towards Declan eager to return him to his friend. Once he reached Declan he quickly explained why he was here and that it was his friend Julious whom had sent him.

“Thank you for finding me, can you please help me get back to julious?” Declan asked.

“Of course, the way back is this way,” Fred guided.

As they headed back the joy Fred felt for the fact that he had found and completed a actual mission was overwhelming.

Once they reached the tavern he ushered Declan inside only to be greeted by a young villager running at them, “Declan!!” Julious screamed, “You are okay!”

Smiling at the sight Fred decided it was best he left and started for the door, “Wait!” someone cried from behind him, startled Fred turned around only to be greeted by a smiling Declan. “I don’t know how i will ever repay you! Here take this as my thanks!” Declan exclaimed handing over the gold. Surprised Fred thanked Declan and stumbled out of the tavern and headed home.

Mayor Meep watched the exchange from a distance and smiled, a new happy ending to add to his stories, The Underwater rescue, and the birth of a new Adventurer!

If you enjoyed this story, go speak to Mayor Meep in towns and complete the quest today!
    Experience what young Fred went through and get your meeble prize!

Humans Of MeepCraft - Feat. @Sammoth_Mammoth

[​IMG]

How did you first find the server?
    My friend, @TimothyJH , asked me to come on, and I immediately loved the server due to the kind community.

Where did your name come from?
    My name came from my elementary school nickname by the same name. The origin of that is from my name, Thomas, which is Samoth backwards. It sounded similar to “sammoth.” I was also a little chubby at the time, and mammoth rhymes with Sammoth, so I became Sammoth Mammoth.

What’s your favorite thing to do on the server?

My favorite thing to do is play on Towny and help people out because it makes me happy to see others enjoying themselves.

You’re currently a recruiter in the town of Legend, what is it like being in the largest town on the server?
    Being in the best town on the server (shameless plug) is absolutely fantastic because I get to help so many people out, whether it be finding someone a plot, or spending ten hours building four walls.

How do you find secret spots in spawn?

I find secret spots in spawn because that’s my second favorite thing to do on the server: explore! And, see what I can find. I mean, did anyone ever say, “Leaving this place only half explored makes me feel satisfied.” Of course not!

Who is the best Jedi in Star Wars?

Mace Windu, because he has a purple/pink lightsaber, and the internet agrees with me! (search it up, he appears first on the list)

Anything else you would like to add?
    Join Legend, and uh . . . give me all yo moneys, thank you!

Welcomes and Farewells

Congratulations to @Zarduck on being accepted for architect trials and to @Shellcode for being accepted back onto the tech team!

We bid farewell to @Klitch and @kirby99 as they continue onwards with other things. Thank you both for the time and effort you have both put in, and good luck going forwards!

Social Media!

Be sure to follow us on our social media platforms to get sneak peaks and be kept up to date on all things meep!

Twitter!
    Instagram!
    Facebook!

Get involved with the MeepTimes

With every release of the paper we will pick a cover photo and a (free) advertisement submitted by the community. The owner of each piece of content will receive 4,000 meebles and have their name featured in the article, below their content. Fill out the form here to submit content. Happy Meeping!

The next issue of The MeepTimes will be released June 9 2017! See you then!

This issue was created by @CluelessKlutz, @EllieEllie, @Midnight_Galaxy

Last edited: May 26, 2017
  2. TheTastyNacho

TheTastyNacho Celebrity Meeper

Great edition #first

SuperDyl and Midnight_Galaxy like this.
  3. GhostlyStar

GhostlyStar Well-Known Meeper

Here I am! :D

Midnight_Galaxy likes this.
  4. Sammoth_Mammoth

Sammoth_Mammoth Popular Meeper

It says the next issue will be May 26th, so we will have 2 today?

SuperDyl and Midnight_Galaxy like this.
  5. Midnight_Galaxy

Midnight_Galaxy ✧゚・:*Forever Reading *:・゚✧

ooooopsie daisy, i fixed it xD

6. smk

smk Celebrity Meeper

I feel like gradually meeptimes are moving away from its purpose. This is to keep the community informed of what is changing or going on behind the scenes, so why not add suggestions accepted and changes in game or progress made?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Natsu

Natsu Celebrity Meeper

1. You forgot about Courtneyyy :(
    2. Why did you give adrian perms

8. qazini

qazini Neighborhood Panini

Court is back

9. Natsu

Natsu Celebrity Meeper

Oh really? Yay :) :)

10. SX1

SX1 Celebrity Meeper

Exactly what I was thinking. It's gotten to the point where I just kind of skim through them until I get to the "Accepted suggestions / or recent additions."

Of course, I am ok with the other things they add. But it never interested me.

11. CluelessKlutz

CluelessKlutz Badmin

I agree with you. The issue occurs when we don't have things to put. The reason the other things exist is to create editions that aren't short little things. You can only describe a suggestion in so many words. However, I assure you we're doing something new with the next one along these lines. You'll see soon enough!

Muunkee, smk, qazini and 2 others like this.
  12. Toostenheimer

Toostenheimer Legendary Meeper

13. Adrian

Adrian Epic Staff Member Administrator

Good job guys id like to give thanks to @DarkKnight49x for the tnt
    Tip: If you want mayor blow stuff up

14. DarkKnight49x

DarkKnight49x ⏦ ❀ The True Dark Knight ❀ ⏦

(hmu if u need more)

15. TheTastyNacho

TheTastyNacho Celebrity Meeper

Welcome to the MeepCraft Towns World! Type /request to join a town! Welcome to the MeepCraft Towns World! Type /request to join a town!Welcome to the MeepCraft Towns World! Type /request to join a town! Welcome to the MeepCraft Towns World! Type /request to join a town! Welcome to the MeepCraft Towns World! Type /request to join a town! Welcome to the MeepCraft Towns World! Type /request to join a town!” Mayor Meep asks instantly (incessantly) noticing the worry that laces Julious's face

Gated and Vamp1re_Man like this.
  16. Adrian

Adrian Epic Staff Member Administrator

I hacked his account

17. MoonlitMadness

MoonlitMadness Celebrity Meeper

miss all of you so much );

Midnight_Galaxy likes this.
  18. Spaceeee

Spaceeee New Meeper

Oh, yes, that was an amazing story XD

19. Midnight_Galaxy