1. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  2. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  3. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Minecraft Discord Upgrade

"Let's get more players!"

Discussion in 'Denied' started by AwesomeAdoGamer, May 18, 2017.

?

Good or bad?

1. Good

57.1%
  2. Bad

57.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. AwesomeAdoGamer

AwesomeAdoGamer Celebrity Meeper

I'm afraid to say it, but it's true; meep is dying. We need to get our playerbase back up, and quick! I have a few ideas on some ways:

A few games:
    Like other prospering servers, they have great activities! One of which is....
    factions!
    Of course, factions are quite a controversy on meep, so let's skip it for now.
    Some games we could bring back/add:
    "Chicken Fight:"
    Spleef but with a points system, upgradeable chickens/perks, and chickens for projectiles!
    Skywars:
    Skywars is definitely a popular classic that some people would come to meep for.
    Infected coin trader:
    Although not a game, I want to point out that some old infected players quit infected, or eventually meep, because you couldn't directly trade coins for meebles, like you could back then.

A new thing:
    "Minigame crate:"
    This would be similar to the vote crate, but when you open it, you would get an upgrade or two from random minigames, which would intense the hype for minigames, which completes the system of new players joining and maybe staying. (P.S. you would need keys, which could be earned via a "Game loot" system, and you could buy those keys on the meepcraft website, which encourages donating)

2. Muunkee

Muunkee Legendary art supply hoarder

No

Minigames have never worked for player retention. Minigames are good for people who want to play a few minutes and go..

No one ever thinks, lets fix bugs that make players quit, let's fix and make towny good and fun and make making money an interesting task
    Lets just put in another minigame and wonder why nothing is happening
    I dont get it

KyloMeep, Dockson, MeepLord27 and 4 others like this.
  3. alex77034

alex77034 Hey baby, I hear the blues a-callin'

Just out of curiousity, what bugs are significantly impacting the player base? what significant bugs are there? (If any significant bugs are in a minigame, why would it matter?) As you said, minigames don't improve the playerbase anyways and they don't make players stay so any that would be in a minigame don't matter. Any huge spawn, towny, or wild ones?

4. smk

smk Celebrity Meeper

Natural towny mob spawning (in claimed plots) and brewing really screw up my original game plan to make money.

Legocreator2013 likes this.
  5. KlutchDecals

KlutchDecals The Real Ironman Elder

If I had $1 for every person what said "Meeps dying", Id be retired.

Imperfectly, KyloMeep, Klitch and 9 others like this.
  6. buttfly29

buttfly29 Popular Meeper

You'd have more money than Microsoft.

7. MasterofBoom

MasterofBoom Kitybom

Mini games aren't going to do any good for the server. Improving Towny and bug fixes will.

SuperDyl likes this.
  8. Vamp1re_Man

Vamp1re_Man Celebrity Meeper

Adding new minigames and new gamemodes is not the direction that the server should be headed in.

I see the server as having two sections: primary features and secondary features. Primary features are things like towny and the eco, and secondary features are things like minigames, creative and skyblock. Sure, these secondary features can be fun, but it's the primary features that will bring in new players and encourage current players to stay. I'm currently working on several features that tie into towny that we can hopefully see implemented in the near future.

One of the biggest reasons that we aren't getting too many new players to stay right now is the lack of a tutorial, which we're hoping to fix as soon as possible with the implementation of a tutorial that works similarly to quests.

@AwesomeAdoGamer I love that you're trying to help out the server, but I reckon we need more additions to the 'primary features' of the server. If you have any suggestions for those, please let us know :)

SuperDyl and qazini like this.
  9. Adam34falcon

Adam34falcon Celebrity Meeper

Meeps dying

SuperDyl likes this.
  10. Kling

Kling Break blocks not hearts

t o w n y

EllieEllie likes this.
  11. AwesomeAdoGamer

AwesomeAdoGamer Celebrity Meeper

Thanks my dude! But, I think that our model of server isn't going to work for a new player... lets walk in in the shoes of one.
    A new player: 1) Logs on to the server.
    2) (When tutorial is added back in) Has to go through a lengthy tutorial, most of which will probably be ignored.
    3) Because of the lack of knowledge from the tutorial, they ask, ask, and keep asking questions.
    4) Current players get annoyed and most ignore the new player.
    5) New player gets frustrated and quits.
    6) After they quit, they go onto a massive minigame server. (Not going to name)
    --- Double Post Merged, May 20, 2017, Original Post Date: May 20, 2017 ---
    Towny is too confusing for a new player, and most new players won't think that a real-life or real-world theme of minecraft (towny/economy) is fun. If I were an average 10 year old playing meep, I would have quit, but I'm not.

12. smk

smk Celebrity Meeper

Towny is more appealing to older or more mature players than the average 10 year old. And I have faith that the community wouldn't ignore a brand new person, especially since the majority of the server cares a lot about meep.

13. BlackJack

BlackJack Celebrity Meeper

You weren't around for the first couple years of Meep, were you.

14. Adam34falcon

Adam34falcon Celebrity Meeper

Your not average or ur not 10????

15. Legocreator2013

Legocreator2013 Popular Meeper

The issue with the minigames is we cannot compete with larger servers. We would have to become larger in the first place if we want to base the attraction on the minigames. Games that can be played even with one player would not be a bad idea, but I can't spleef with myself.

16. Imperfectly

Imperfectly Celebrity Meeper

Considering you made the thread asking to add the fidget spinner, anything you say is just irrelevant.

Muunkee and Adam34falcon like this.