1. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  2. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  3. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Minecraft Discord Upgrade

President Trump

Discussion in 'Debates' started by creepersareokay, Nov 8, 2016.

?

How Will Trump Do In Office?

1. Good, mang

44.2%
  2. Not so good, mang

55.8%
  1. metr0n0me

metr0n0me Legendary Meeper

Yeah, but who started the outrageous behavior?

Sadly, it's not cheap to not support this kind of behavior. If you're the university and put a stop to this kind of thing, you will get labeled as "racially intolerant" or something else, and you will lose a ton of money (less applications, fewer people coming, less sponsorship money for athletic games, etc). So it's just cheaper and easier to oil the squeaky wheel and give into the demands.

Erebus45 likes this.
  2. Blue_Marlin

Blue_Marlin Popular Meeper

Not the Republicans!?

Maybe under the previous administration but not under this one!

3. Erebus45

Erebus45 Celebrity Meeper

I'm pretty sure you are the only trump supporter I have been bashing. The reason I "bash" trump is because he is the one who won and he is the one making decisions I disagree with.

4. metr0n0me

How exactly? Trump can't legislate something that is like: "you cannot stop sponsorship because you think something is racist."

It's a free company and people can do whatever they want, as long as it's lawful. Nike saying something like: "We refuse to sponsor UC Berkley football and basketball games, and will be pulling ads off their TV broadcasts because of recent racist behavior." (not that it's actually racist, but that Nike thinks it's racist) is legal and will continue to be legal. And the school will suffer immensely because of it.

5. Blue_Marlin

Name them.

Nike also does not receive government funding.

6. metr0n0me

I know, but companies like Nike give a ton of money to universities. If the school does something that pisses Nike off, Nike will stop giving money to the school, and the school loses.

7. Blue_Marlin

Once a school denies someones Freedom, they deserve to stop receiving government funding.

8. metr0n0me

But the school needs money to operate. Why would the school deliberately do something controversial to piss people off and potentially lose money?

Say you are a CEO (keep in mind you have the company's success in mind)--and your company gets hit with a frivolous lawsuit that's completely dumb and you know your company is in the right.

You have two options:

Fight the lawsuit, win, but pay $50 million in legal fees, and get no money back (since the guy suing you is flat broke), or:
    Settle the lawsuit for $10 million (paid to the other guy), and make it go away.

Which one do you pick?

Same deal: you can either give in to the students' demands and make the problem quietly go away, or you can put refuse their demands, create controversy, and corporations that are donating millions of dollars to your school stop donating money.

Deljikho likes this.
  9. Erebus45

Erebus45 Celebrity Meeper

The big ones I can think of at the moment are the wall, cutting funding for so many programs that directly give back to the citizens, his lies, and a few of his cabinet picks.

10. Blue_Marlin

No you don't give into demands of students (to that extent) and this isn't a business this is a government funded school.

Many countries have a wall, this is to help stop/prevent any immigrant from entering America illegally. Also going to help America.

Which ones?

The Trump golf course lie?

Name them. State why you don't like them.

11. metr0n0me

Unlike public elementary/middle/high schools, universities have many corporate sponsors.

UC Berkley raised 3.81 billion dollars in a recent fundraising drive (source)

Under Armour sponsored UC Berkley athetics for $86 million (source)

There are more too but I'm too lazy to look for them

12. WhoNeedsJimbo

WhoNeedsJimbo Popular Meeper

Franklin W. Roosevelt
    --- Double Post Merged, May 4, 2017, Original Post Date: May 4, 2017 ---
    PLANES CAN FLY OVER WALLS!!!!

Deljikho likes this.
  13. Blue_Marlin

Idc where they get money. They shouldn't be receiving ANY government funding if they won't allow free speech (not destroying the school, I mean physically talking) on their campus. Ann Coulter has every right to voice her opinion on that campus.

@PixelPizza Yeah most planes go 30 thousand miles into the air, the wall wouldn't be that high. However, were not building a wall all around America. We're building a wall on the Mexican border because Mexicans can just run over here on their morning jog.

14. MeepLord27

MeepLord27 Popular Meeper

Blm is a supremacist movement.

15. Blue_Marlin

According to @Grandblue its "avoiding conflict" because a black group of students is doing it and it's only racist if white people do it towards blacks...

16. Deinen

Deinen S'all Good Man

Pmx728 and Deljikho like this.
  17. Blue_Marlin

@Deinen sure thing. So remember when you argued with me saying Palm Beach wouldn't get remimbursed? I stated many times it would but you denied it so let's just say I was right and you were wrong. So this is where I can compare him to another president, right? You said only compare him to other presidents? Okay so if that article is true which idk that news source but if it is that would be right at around $60 million. Obama spent close to $100 million on vacations. So Trump is already saving $40 million on that cost. Let alone all the odds and ends trip Obama took. I don't have a problem with Trump visiting his golf courses. Let him go every weekend, he's still working. He's still doing his job. The difference in Mar-A-Lago and his other places and being at the White House is you have listening ears and lying politicians at the White House. You don't in Palm Beach. Don't deny the fact that he isn't doing work in those places because there are pictures of him in meetings there.

As for your other article. That is 100% bias as they are pretty much bashing Trump throughout the article (that's the difference in those articles and Fox News) anyway, that helps rape victims so what's your point?

18. Deinen

Deinen S'all Good Man

Why is the money paying for Trump's trips coming out of FEMA, an agency that handles disasters? Wouldn't that money be better spent on, you know, disasters that occur?

My point is: Why is rape a pre-existing condition, which makes health insurance rates skyrocket for those in that pool?

Pmx728 likes this.
  19. Blue_Marlin

For the first part, he is lowering the FEMA budget. So he isn't budgeting it into the FEMA budget and he is also lowering other budgets. Then taking the extra money and putting towards those trips as well as other things.

For the second part, before Rape-victims could be denied health insurance. He is stopping that? How are you complaining about that?

20. Deinen

Deinen S'all Good Man

The bill literally says that $41,000,000 to remain available until September 30 2018 to be used for security for these trips.

Under Obamacare these people couldn't be denied and the high-risk health pools were funded, compared to the 8 billion Trump is funding those pools, compared to the $100 billion actually needed.

If the AHCA is so great, why is the GOP trying to pass it immediately now without the CBO assessing it?

Pmx728 likes this.