1. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  2. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  3. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Minecraft Discord Upgrade

President Trump

Discussion in 'Debates' started by creepersareokay, Nov 8, 2016.

?

How Will Trump Do In Office?

1. Good, mang

44.2%
  2. Not so good, mang

55.8%
  1. metr0n0me

metr0n0me Legendary Meeper

Any regime in the Middle East is unlikely to last 250 years, even with US support. If any given US-installed dictator becomes too unpopular with his own country, he will be ousted, regardless of the wishes of the US. Therefore, 250 years is way too long to extrapolate, given the continued conflict and instability of the Middle East.

I do agree that allies in the region are valuable; however, militarily invading and installing puppets has been consistently ineffective. For example, Thomas Sankara, the Marxist-Leninist leader of Burkina Faso, was successful in achieving food self-sufficiency, widespread literacy and health care, and eliminated backwards tribal customs. This made him very popular with the citizens. However he was killed under shady circumstances (it's believed that the French intelligence paid off some mercenaries to get rid of him), and the French-backed leader Compaore is super unpopular, because he essentially undid all of Sankara's policies (and has been rigging elections for the past 20 years). As a result there are mass protests in Ouagoudougo, the largest city, protesting French involvement and demanding the end of French involvement in Burkinabe
    affairs.

I guess the essence of my point is: you can't force change from the top down. In order to make allies you have to do it diplomatically, and you can't install wildly unpopular oppressive regimes, because they'll inevitably be overthrown and you'll have a bigger problem on your hands later (plus everyone in the country will hate you). And any regime you do back needs to be reasonably popular within the country, or else it won't stand.

I mean, the US installed the Pahlavi dynasty in Iran, in order to gain 1) oil and 2) a valuable ally to oppose Soviet influence in the Middle East. How'd that work out after he started abusing his power and ended up being overthrown by a popular movement? Do you think Iran is going to be a close ally anytime soon?

Edit: sorry for the late response I forgot some homework
    --- Double Post Merged, Apr 18, 2017, Original Post Date: Apr 18, 2017 ---
    I would also like to point out that after the American Revolution in the 1770s and 1780s, US relations with Britain only improved by ~1900. Besides the War of 1812, we almost got into war with Britain multiple times.

The British and French haven't had a war since the Napoleonic Wars (which if I remember right ended in 1814), but relationships between the two were so bad that France withdrew its troops from NATO in the 1960s because it didn't want to face the possibility of French troops being under American or British command (it sort of viewed the US as an extension of the UK)

The point being: once you burn your bridges with someone else and public perception has turned away from you, it takes FOREVER to fix it again, if you can at all.

Deljikho and Deinen like this.
  2. WhoNeedsJimbo

WhoNeedsJimbo Popular Meeper

Why the hell would I care? Is it my buisness trump is going out golfing with Bill Gates?

3. Deinen

Deinen S'all Good Man

If you're an America citizen -- Yes.

4. WhoNeedsJimbo

WhoNeedsJimbo Popular Meeper

I'm not---- makes sense.

He criticised our dairy!
    --- Double Post Merged, Apr 20, 2017, Original Post Date: Apr 20, 2017 ---
    You know whats not ridiculous? This spicy theory I'm gonna drop on you!!!!

A marlin is a fish. But not just a fish, its also a firearms manufacturer.

Firearm has six letters. Guess what also has six letters. Thats right. Marlin.

So I think there is something else going on here.

If you go to the wikipedia page for the blue marlin, it says it is the national fish of the bahamas.
    It also shows this image seen below.
    [​IMG]
    This is to show where the blue marlins reside but, lets ask ourself this- why is it colored in blue? Is it because its the ocean? No. The ocean is not that blue. Is it because of the fact that blue marlins are blue? No. So why, is it in that shade of blue? We need to make the connection, we'll start off at the article for blue.

Blue is the color of lapis, in minecraft, lapis is used for enchanting. Why is that? Because the word "enchant" gives us our first clue. The word "because" which also has 7 letters, same as enchant.

Not only that but one of the colors of eyes is blue. That gives us our second clue, the word "I"

There is the phrase “at noon blue apples” that comes at the end of a coded message discovered at the church of Mary Magdalene. Marlin is religious. But what does it mean by "noon?" Perhaps it gives us our other clue, the word "AM" which is both an acronym for a state of time and a common word in the english language.

And lastly, the word that pieces it all together is blue, giving us one sentence. "Because I am blue"

If none of you know what this means, lemme explain. The phrase comes from a creepy cartoon known as peppermint park.
    It follows a range of puppets like sesame street, teaching kids about essential things like numbers and colors.

One of the characters can be shown here in this video.

Thats right. What I have been connecting you all this whole time is what I'm about to reveal.
    MAYNARD IS BLUE MARLIN.

5. cnkropp

cnkropp Popular Meeper

Firearm has seven letters. Therefore, your theory is wrong. Everything else checks out though.

Erebus45 and MeepLord27 like this.
  6. kwagscraft

kwagscraft Celebrity Meeper

????

7. Blue_Marlin

Blue_Marlin Popular Meeper

1.) you should care who he's golfing with because everyone is talking about how "Trump criticized Obama for golfing yet he golfs himself".... Trump made it pretty clear that if you are going to golf as a president it needs to be with important people. As he is golfing with important people. That made it pretty clear as to why he even golfs with them.

2.) I literally do not even know what to say about that 2nd part (the comparison). So umm I'll just leave it at that.

8. Natsu

Natsu Celebrity Meeper

Fire trucks are red
    Marlins are blue

9. metr0n0me

metr0n0me Legendary Meeper

@Blue_marlin98

Curious to hear your thoughts?

10. cnkropp

cnkropp Popular Meeper

Clinton stinks
    And trump does too

Erebus45 and Natsu like this.
  11. Blue_Marlin

@metr0n0me , ahhh alright here I go.
    1.) So you are absolutely correct, taking Assad out might be a bad move but if I had it my way America would take over Syria and make it ours! That being nearly impossible I would say that Assad needs a boot in his butt until he starts acting right. Im not an expert on these things so I really do not have the answer right at this moment. I have to do more research before I truly put my opinion out there on what to do with Assad and his government.

2.) Global warming, ahh Idk how were still on this. Its not what everyone says it is. The Earth goes threw global cooling then it warms up then it cools down then it warms up and blah blah blah its completely natural and is not brought on by humans. Everyone said the ice caps are melting were all gonna die, well look at the ice caps now. They also said that half of America would be sunken under water and we wouldn't have Florida, parts of Texas and what not, well I live in Florida and its pretty dry right now (lord please bring us rain). My brother said "the drought were going through is caused by global warming" my response was "have we never had a drought before"? the Earths hottest temperature was in 1913, according to my calculations if global warming was a thing, we would all be dead by now. Also, just because Death Valley reached 109.1 degrees does not mean were in global warming, it has reached its hottest temperature in June not in all time as its hottest temperature was 134 degrees. Whats the temperature in death valley right now? 53 degrees? oh it got so much hotter right!? its actually hotter in Florida right now then in death valley! js
    --- Double Post Merged, Apr 21, 2017, Original Post Date: Apr 21, 2017 ---
    Can we focus on real things besides who stinks and who doesn't. this is a 3rd grade argument your bringing up.

12. Natsu

Natsu Celebrity Meeper

You know what's third grade

"Earth goes threw"

Also, by denying global warming you are making yourself look like a third grader imo

Like Deinen said: carbon is a molecule which traps heat. Prove it otherwise then.

I'm sure you didn't know that the rates if climate change is way more rapid than anything the Earth has experienced before...

Also we had the same thing with Hussein in the Iraq War and nothing was solved, so I recommend you to actually research before you debate

Erebus45 likes this.
  13. Blue_Marlin

What?

Im denying global warming. as a lot of people do.

Anything from before about 100-150 years ago is an estimate. You do not know if the Earth warmed this fast 20,000 years ago or not.

Yes I should research! lol anyway um I believe I said that perhaps we should leave Assad there but keep an eye on him before he starts killing innocent people. I just said that in my last post.

Natsu likes this.
  14. MeepLord27

MeepLord27 Popular Meeper

Actually, using ice cores, they can tell pretty exactly the temperatures and stuff. Its actually really cool how they do it with a huge drill.

Erebus45, metr0n0me, cnkropp and 2 others like this.
  15. Blue_Marlin

Yes I understand that and within doing so they can clearly see the ice hasn't been melted but for about 5-600 years. I'm saying it's an estimate because we as humans can't tell the temperature changes from hundreds of years ago. The recorded data doesn't go but a couple hundred if that.

16. MeepLord27

MeepLord27 Popular Meeper

No it has to do with how fast sediments get impressed into semi-maleable rocks. they can tell pretty exactly what the temperature was and how the climate was.

metr0n0me and Natsu like this.
  17. Natsu

Natsu Celebrity Meeper

You still ignored the very fact that carbon traps heat.

Also you use through instead of threw in that circumstance if you haven't had education beyond third grade.

Muunkee and Pmx728 like this.
  18. Deinen

Deinen S'all Good Man

You are absolutely correct the Earth does go through it's own variation of climate change, nobody is denying that. What we're saying is that humans are contributing to this variation throwing it out of it's own natural loop.

Also - The Earth is warming up

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/18/science/earth-highest-temperature-record.html

metr0n0me and GroovyGrevous like this.
  19. Blue_Marlin

No I actually used it correctly, maybe you are the one that needs the education?

Let's use a credible source haha New York Times puts out many false articles.... *cough cough* New England Patriots.... I'll leave that there though. However if we would stop cutting trees down you wouldn't see a major temperature change.

20. Deinen

Deinen S'all Good Man

The New York Times is 147 years old and has won 122 Pulizer Prizes.