1. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  2. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  3. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Minecraft Discord Upgrade

bathroom policy

Discussion in 'Debates' started by Piper N, Mar 4, 2017.

?

how should transgenders be treated/ bathroom policy

1. how you self identify

52.8%
  2. your given gender

47.2%
  1. Muunkee

Muunkee Legendary art supply hoarder

As long as you have no proof of this, that is not true.

metr0n0me, Deinen and Natsu like this.
  2. Blue_Marlin

Blue_Marlin Popular Meeper

I just posted 3 articles of people abusing it....

3. Natsu

Natsu Celebrity Meeper

Did you learn anything from this debate and people's responses at all

Sexual harassment cases abusing the transgender bathroom policies are so low, this debate is meaningless. And you are literally trying to take away rights of transgender people for trying to persecute a small fraction of "creeps" that are supposed to be persecuted anyway.

metr0n0me likes this.
  4. Blue_Marlin

No not really.

Meaningless? No. Should it be the top priority in America? No.

Have you read anything I have posted? I do not want to take away the rights of a transgender person... I want to stop creeps, rapist and sexual predators from going into the bathroom in which the opposite sex goes into. This may include...
    1.) Raping
    2.) Sexual assault
    3.) spying on other people
    4.) recording other people
    and more...

As I have said before, my problem is not with full transgender people, but with people that are in the articles I have posted.

5. Natsu

Natsu Celebrity Meeper

This is already implemented lol? If you aren't transgender you can't go into the other gender's bathroom? You can't pretend to be transgender, that's still illegal. I don't even know what you are trying to say.

Erebus45 likes this.
  6. Muunkee

As deinen has noted, the first two are illegal anyways and it is no more than a creep being a creep.

The third one, eh. Possibly? That man has already had a history of sexual assault. Being trans had nothing to do with it and he would have done something like that anyways almost definetly.

either way - that is one example. One, *possible* example.

Out of the 8 billion people on earth.

i"m still calling BS.
    --- Double Post Merged, Apr 2, 2017, Original Post Date: Apr 2, 2017 ---
    There is nothing stopping them from doing it before LOL

Erebus45, metr0n0me and Natsu like this.
  7. Blue_Marlin

@Natsu the law needs to be revamped. You don't have to be"transgender" as long as you "self identify". Being transgender and self identifying isn't that the same thing. A husband and wife can both use the female restroom, if he self identifies as a female. I tried finding Obamas exact policy, can someone post it please? @Deinen you seem good at that stuff. Can you find Obamas bathroom policy? Please.

@Muunkee there are more links I can post on it, if you would like. I think I've made it clear that people like Caitlyn Jenner aren't who I have a problem with. But if Caitlyn were trying to use the female restroom and she were Bruce. Then I would have a problem... make sense?

8. Deinen

Deinen S'all Good Man

That's because no national bathroom law exists. There is a bathroom law enacted in North Carolina which they are currently in the middle of repealing (with GOP support) purely because of the billions of dollars of boycotts the state has faced.

Obama pushed current laws on the books (Title IX) includes protections of Transgendered students using bathrooms. He pushed those that did not allow this are in violation of Title IX, and subject to lose federal funding.

"No person in the United States shall, on the basis of sex, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any education program or activity receiving Federal financial assistance."

- Title IX

--

But again, you're argument that there needs to be a law when citing only a handful of cases that are applicable. Past that, there only exist few cases that exist regarding this topic.

If we use the logic laws are need to protect citizens from rape in scenarios that happen once in a blue moon, then surely we could look at police officers, or U.S soldiers that commit sexual assault offenses right?

If making a law prohibiting male police officer conduct with female citizens, surely the statistic of rape from a police officer would go down, so why haven't we done this? (Because the solution is not practical to the issue)

If making a law prohibiting U.S soldiers from having contact with U.S citizens of the opposite gender, or the citizens of opposite gender of any nation, the statistics of rape in this scenario would surely go down. Why haven't we done this? (Same as above)

But the thing is, it happens more with my examples, compared to yours.

We can show rape from police officers / U.S soldiers far exceed rapes from creepy dudes in the wrong restroom.

Why legislate something that is not a problem? The world is a dangerous place.

metr0n0me, Deljikho and Natsu like this.
  9. Blue_Marlin

@Deinen although I stand strong on my point, wouldn't you be somewhat concerned about people playing as the opposite sex and then recording people in the bathroom?

10. Deljikho

Deljikho Lazy Swami

You haven't answered his questions:

metr0n0me and MoonlitMadness like this.
  11. Deinen

Deinen S'all Good Man

No, because I've literally never encountered such a situation, ever. Nor has anyone I know. Nor has anyone they know.

Why in the world would I choose to be afraid of every small thing that will likely never happen to me? Seems like a crap life to live.
    --- Double Post Merged, Apr 3, 2017, Original Post Date: Apr 3, 2017 ---
    San Antonio cop cuffed and raped 19-year-old during traffic stop: police

2 L.A. cops charged with repeatedly raping, ‘preying on’ vulnerable women

Police Sergeant Doubled as Serial Rapist

http://nypost.com/2016/01/21/sicko-ex-cop-gets-263-years-for-raping-black-women-while-on-his-beat/

Cop Charged After Visiting Hospital to Repeatedly Rape a 7-Year-old Patient

--

I've provided more examples of police officers raping American citizens than you've shown of your situation. Should we begin legislation against police officers to keep them away from the opposite sex of American Citizens?

(Before anyone thinks to comment: No, I don't believe cops are rapists. Every group has bad elements)

12. Muunkee

This happens anyways and there would be no more risk of this happening with or without a law made

13. Muunkee

I did not see this before
    I actually laughed
    @Blue_marlin98 seriously

metr0n0me, Natsu and flabbadoodle like this.
  14. Blue_Marlin

:) I'm glad you laughed. Yes, seriously. Just because there is "no proof" that allowing "choice" bathrooms leads to rape, etc. Doesnt mean that we should allow men to use the women's bathroom or vice versa. It's my opinion, I'm entitled to my opinion and no one will change my opinion. I think it's absolutely disgusting that people are okay with it and I don't care if Donald Trump himself says it's okay. I think it's wrong. We have a "men's" room and a "women's" room for a reason. Respect it. On top of when I did show facts that they are recording girls use the restroom, you completely denied it. There is no winning with y'all. God forbid someone have an opinion that's opposite of yours.

15. Natsu

Natsu Celebrity Meeper

Lmao we aren't allowing men to use the women's restroom. We are allowing transgender wonen that were originally men to use the women's restroom.

16. Blue_Marlin

False, and under Obamas bathroom policy a male student is given the right to use the female restroom by simply going to the principals office and declaring himself as a female.

17. Deinen

Deinen S'all Good Man

You're in the debate section, not the what do you think section. You're opinion, unless backed with evidence, is absolutely worthless and meaningless.

I cited more claims of Police raping U.S Citizens than you cited of transgendered-faking people harassing other people. Should we begin legislation to keep cops away from the opposite gender?

It's absolutely ok for you to hold the opinion you hold, but please, keep it to yourself because you're demonstrably and when you push your opinion in a public matter, you're just disseminating fiction and pushing false information, a lie. Keep your backwards opinion to yourself and out of our secular democracy.

metr0n0me, Natsu and Muunkee like this.
  18. Muunkee

That is because 2 were not related to trans and 1 was plausible, and I said it was alright but I didn't think it was necessarily 100% related to trans due to the person in question's history, but yknow you do you and think your own deal
    You are the one shouting nonsense and changing arguments when people ask you questions

metr0n0me, Blue_Marlin and Natsu like this.
  19. Deljikho

Deljikho Lazy Swami

@Blue_marlin98 I seriously want you to answer this question. I'm not sure why you keep choosing to ignore it but it's a very valid point:
    If you want to prevent sexual harassment then should we make legislation keeping US Soldiers off of our soil, keeping cops away from the opposite sex, and making alcohol illegal? These have more instances of sexual assault than someone being in the wrong restroom, so would you agree with those legislations?

metr0n0me, Toostenheimer and Muunkee like this.
  20. Ranger0203

Ranger0203 Celebrity Meeper

So there's no issue?