1. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  2. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  3. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Minecraft Discord Upgrade

bathroom policy

Discussion in 'Debates' started by Piper N, Mar 4, 2017.

?

how should transgenders be treated/ bathroom policy

1. how you self identify

52.8%
  2. your given gender

47.2%
  1. Deinen

Deinen S'all Good Man

No. You've said that bathroom laws makes it harder to commit sexual assault in a bathroom.

How does it do this? If I'm not wrong, the only thing stopping a man from going into women's restroom and sexually assaulting someone is a door. How does this law make that door harder to open and the crime harder to commit?

How does it deter someone who isn't detered by felonious sexual assault?
    --- Double Post Merged, Apr 2, 2017, Original Post Date: Apr 2, 2017 ---
    But you just having a belief isn't justification when the pretense is false and your belief is wrong. You don't need to listen to CNN to see the reality that this problem is not a problem that exists in this country.

metr0n0me likes this.
  2. metr0n0me

metr0n0me Legendary Meeper

OK so let me get this straight--you believe something shouldn't be allowed so it must be banned.

This attitude is really dangerous, because it gives you the entitlement to throw out all and any facts when making decisions. It's not a good thing at all to cover your ears, ignore everything else, stick your head in the sand, and form opinions just because.

That's called being unreasonable.

So what if I believe that heroin should be legalized? I don't really care what your crappy news media and studies say, they're biased anyways. Heroin needs to be legalized, it's not dangerous because I believe so.

Do you see the issue here????

Deljikho and Muunkee like this.
  3. Deinen

Deinen S'all Good Man

Well, he is acknowledging his defense of this policy has no basis in reality or facts. He's acknowledged he could never win this debate because he cannot back up his claims with any reasonable, logical or factual evidence.

Muunkee likes this.
  4. metr0n0me

I find it really funny that he's so strongly opinionated yet can't back up any of those opinions. It's as if his opinions and beliefs are formed for him and he just regurgitates them without knowing their actual meaning.

There definitely are legitimate arguments for the conclusions he argues, yet, he can't use them at all for whatever reasons.

Maybe people like him are the reason people think conservatives have no critical thinking abilities at all.

Deljikho and Muunkee like this.
  5. WeAreNumberUno

WeAreNumberUno Celebrity Meeper

Prove that allowing men to use the female restroom results in rape.
    You friggin squirrel.

Pmx728, metr0n0me and Muunkee like this.
  6. Blue_Marlin

Blue_Marlin Popular Meeper

By allowing anyone to use the bathroom, it would make it easier to commit sexual assault and or rape. Not harder. When I said harder, I said it should be harder to commit the crime.

Yes, anyone can commit the crime by opening the door. However, if the law was, not to go in there, Then a regular person who sees them going into the bathroom they shouldn't be going in it allows that person to get security and stop the crime. By allowing anyone to use any bathroom then no one can do anything about it, until they start sexually assaulting someone or raping them. Why not just prevent it from happening?

Believing the sky is purple when its actually blue is wrong. Believing that letting men use the female restroom leads to rape and sexual assault is not wrong.

I know rape and sexual assault in this country is a problem. By allowing men to use the female restroom and vice versa, makes it easier for the rapist to commit his crime.

Yes and No. If it were something like "I think candy is bad for kids I want it banned" then I could see why I would be wrong. This is totally different. Yes its my opinion and I want it banned, but I dont want it banned just because I dont like it. I want it banned because I dont want someone to get hurt.

How is that being entitled to anything? Entitlement is "I want the government to pay for condoms so I dont get a girl pregnant". This is not about being entitled to safety if anything? But no I wouldn't say "entitled" and my opinion is not at all dangerous. How is me saying "you should use the bathroom in which you are born" any more entitled to you saying "Transgenders should be able to use the restroom in which they choose". How does that make any sense?

Comparing a drug to a man using the female restroom is not the same lol (and for a female to use the mens).

I dont need to show evidence. This is like asking a religious person to "prove that god is real" I mean seriously? Just because it hasn't happened doesn't mean it wont. When will it be an issue with you? After 50 people were raped? Then will it be an issue? Because at that point its almost too late.

Many people agree with me.

So because we dont have the same opinion, im automatically lacking my critical thinking skills? So im dumb because I think a man should use the mens room?

At this point in time I have no evidence proving that it leads to rape. My thing is, when will it be an issue? I dont want someone to be raped or sexually assaulted. Im glad I have no evidence, Im glad it hasn't happened yet. I dont want it to happen. So if me standing here with no evidence being called an idiot means that some little boy or girl (or adult) hasn't been raped, then ill take all the insults because I would like to avoid it from happening.

If you dont want me to name call, then I expect you all do the same. In the last thread I was the only one who got in trouble for name calling (2 times) yet no one else did. If we cant make this a nice and civil debate then dont debate. Please.

7. metr0n0me

Okay, so if you agree that this hasn't happened yet and isn't an issue, then why are you making it an issue?

edit: So I think that candy is bad for kids and makes them die. To combat this, I think we need to restrict candy sales to people 18 and above. Kids can clearly not make good decisions for themselves and I don't want to see dead kids. Therefore we need to make sure that kids can't eat candy.

Pmx728 likes this.
  8. WeAreNumberUno

WeAreNumberUno Celebrity Meeper

It won't if its not happening. Thats how these things work. If its not happening then its not happening.
    (Quick tangent, couldn't you hypothetically use this logic to support gun control?)

#Catholicism.

Again.
    IF ITS NOT HAPPENING...
    IT'S NOT AN ISSUE.

9. metr0n0me

Can you not?

10. Blue_Marlin

@metr0n0me So im not saying that it isn't an issue. Its an absolutely large issue.
    Can we agree that rape and sexual assault is an issue in America and around the world?
    (assuming that you would say yes)
    Then wouldn't you want to make it harder for rape to happen?
    (assuming you say no)
    Then idk whats wrong with you.

I know rape and sexual assault is happening in America. so why make it easier? If a man walks into the female restroom, half the work is done. By forcing them to stay out, it makes it harder for them to get into the restroom. Now they have to check and make sure no one is watching.

11. Muunkee

Muunkee Legendary art supply hoarder

allowing people who are trans to easier use their preferred bathroom is not making it easier for people to rape.

Keeping strict bathroom guidelines will not make it harder to rape.

Did you know girls can rape too?

WHERE.
    IS.
    Your PROOF.
    That this makes rape happen???

Pmx728 likes this.
  12. Blue_Marlin

@Muunkee Yes I have said and vice versa many times. Its just so much more complicated to keep writing the same thing twice just backwards.
    Again though, idk how many times I have to say this. Its not people like Caitlyn Jenner that I have an issue with, its people like Bruce Jenner that I have an issue with.
    If Caitlyn Jenner went into the male restroom it would probably be more awkward for us guys then it would if she went into the female restroom.
    If Bruce Jenner went into the female restroom it would be more awkward then if he were to go into the mens restroom.
    My problem is not with transgenders. My problem is with people who pretend or think they are the opposite gender.

SO! If Caitlyn Jenner were to use the female restroom I would be fine.
    If Bruce Jenner were to use the female restroom I would have a problem.

I hope this makes sense.

13. Deinen

Deinen S'all Good Man

Ok, now provide evidence to back this claim up.

Prevent what from happening? You still haven't shown any evidence to your claim this is a thing that happens in any regular or even semi-regular basis.

Except you cannot factually back up either claim.

Pmx728 and metr0n0me like this.
  14. legendcaleb

legendcaleb Celebrity Meeper

all men are pigs

WeAreNumberUno likes this.
  15. Blue_Marlin

16. Deinen

Deinen S'all Good Man

Which is already illegal because you cannot legally film / take pictures inside bathrooms. It also looks like no claims of transgender were made, it was a creepy dude going into female's restroom to be a creepy dude. We have laws on the books for this

Same as above.

Giving you the benefit of the doubt, you've cited three examples, one in another country. Can you provide enough examples to justify making legislation that affects thousands of people?

--

I could provide a many many more examples of alcohol playing a part in a rape, should this be outlawed, for safety?

Pmx728, metr0n0me and Muunkee like this.
  17. Blue_Marlin

@Deinen AGAIN I DO NOT HAVE A PROBLEM WITH TRANSGENDERS I HAVE A PROBLEM WITTH CREEPS!! holy cow dude what do you not understand?? I have said this many many many times..

18. Deinen

Deinen S'all Good Man

Actually, want to take a bet?

If I can find more examples of Police Officers raping people than you can of transgendered people, can you agree we need to keep cops away from people, just to make sure it doesn't happen?

Or

If I can find more examples of U.S soldiers raping people than you can of transgendered people, can we agree to keep U.S troops off U.S soil, you know, just in case?
    --- Double Post Merged, Apr 2, 2017, Original Post Date: Apr 2, 2017 ---
    I'm not arguing that you have an issue with transgendered people. My argument is that your justification isn't sufficient to make legislation. As in, does it occur enough to use it as justification, my position is no.

We can find examples of incidents that have a much higher rate of occurrence that warrant no action, why should this?

19. Muunkee

Muunkee Legendary art supply hoarder

If you have no problem with the subject of the debate, why are you arguing against the subject of the debate?

metr0n0me, Deinen and Natsu like this.
  20. Blue_Marlin

I posted on this debate because many people abuse the transgender policy. I simply voiced my opinion.