1. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  2. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  3. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Minecraft Discord Upgrade

bathroom policy

Discussion in 'Debates' started by Piper N, Mar 4, 2017.

?

how should transgenders be treated/ bathroom policy

1. how you self identify

52.8%
  2. your given gender

47.2%
  1. Deinen

Deinen S'all Good Man

Do you know anyone at all that has had this scenario happen to them?

Pmx728 likes this.
  2. Muunkee

Muunkee Legendary art supply hoarder

prevent what from happening to you?
    Prevent mild discomfort at best?

Deljikho likes this.
  3. Natsu

Natsu Celebrity Meeper

Transgender is when someone self identifies as the opposite gender. I don't even know what you are on about lol?

If you truly identify as the opposite gender you are transgender, if you actually do not, you are a weirdo

SuperDyl, Pmx728 and Muunkee like this.
  4. Deinen

Deinen S'all Good Man

@Blue_marlin98

You haven't answered my question

Muunkee likes this.
  5. kwagscraft

kwagscraft Celebrity Meeper

thats the idea

6. Blue_Marlin

Blue_Marlin Popular Meeper

@Deinen I thought I answered it, so let me rephrase it, so although I haven't personally encountered a female in the men's restroom, many people have. So again, it's not a matter of "has it happened to me" but a matter of "let's prevent it from happening to me".

@Muunkee you say "mild discomfort at most"........to start, that's a lie. Second, aren't transgender people going into the opposite bathroom as they were born at so "they don't feel uncomfortable"? So at this point your making someone else (who is in their proper bathroom) uncomfortable so the person that is in the opposite sex bathroom doesn't feel uncomfortable because they wanted to be a girl or guy.

@Natsu there is a difference in "transgender" and "self identity" when you self identify as a female when you are a guy, to me, you are nothing but a guy in a dress. When you are actually transgender then you are actually the gender you surgically changed to.

I don't care if Caitlyn Jenner (and people like her) are in the female restroom as they are pretty much female at this point BUT someone that is clearly male, should go in the men's room.

7. Deinen

Deinen S'all Good Man

You did not answer my question

You said it's never happened to you, so I ask:

8. Blue_Marlin

OHH! Sorry sorry, I misread your question. So personally I do not but it happened to my friends mom (school friend so i have never met her mom). My friend said it made her mom not want to use the restroom.

9. Deinen

Deinen S'all Good Man

So you're saying someone pretended to be the wrong sex to enter the bathroom with your friend's mom in order to sexually assault her?

10. Blue_Marlin

NO! That was also not your question. Which I believe my statement was Instead of "has it happened, how about stopping it from happening"
    --- Double Post Merged, Mar 30, 2017, Original Post Date: Mar 30, 2017 ---
    No! As is no I don't know anyone btw

11. Deinen

Deinen S'all Good Man

Nope

You're justification of bathroom laws is to protect people from other people who pretend to be a gender in order to sexually assault them.

So my question was:

Has it ever happened to you?

You answered no

I then ask: Has this happened to anyone you know?

You said yes.
    --- Double Post Merged, Mar 30, 2017, Original Post Date: Mar 30, 2017 ---
    Do you know anyone who knows anyone that this has happened to?

BlackJack and Muunkee like this.
  12. Blue_Marlin

When I said "yes" I ment it as in she encountered a self identified female in the female restroom and felt uncomfortable, not that she was raped.

Let me guess, you question after that is, "Do you know anyone who knows anyone who knows anyone who knows anyone that that's happened too?"

13. Deinen

Deinen S'all Good Man

Please answer my question:

Do you know anyone who knows anyone who has been in the scenario you're describing in justification of bathroom laws?

Pmx728 likes this.
  14. Marthacuddles

Marthacuddles Celebrity Meeper

Why was this made?

15. Muunkee

Muunkee Legendary art supply hoarder

What's a lie about it? You are uncomfortable for a few minutes, uncomfortable and having discomfort means the same thing
    Out of the 0.6% of trans americans, some use the "wrong" bathroom according to their looks
    Trans people look enough like their genetic opposite gender to pass on using the bathroom
    I'm going to say that you keep arguing that you would be uncomfortable because what if someone attacks me but again there are no instances of this being an issue. The only possible arguments are people being normal creepos and using identification as an excuse to wiggle out of getting into trouble.

What is the argument? Discomfort, not rape, not any higher count of sexual assault
    If there was some statistic that there was a higher count of sexual assault or anything like this directly linked to this rule, then I would agree maybe the rule ain't so good. If all this is doing is making some people uncomfortable, which will happen in your regardless.
    Jimmy wearing a dress is probably going to go in the men's room anyways, and would probably make you WAY more uncomfortable than a true trans man, if you even noticed the man was trans (like mr cowboy man in above posts)
    We should not Deny either party use of a bathroom for 5 minutes to pee and then leave
    if you have to/want to wait your turn, be a big boy and wait your turn if you want
    I dont know why we have to be awful human beings to other human beings who legit just need to pee
    Jimmy wearing a dress is not the same as self identification
    Jimmy wearing a dress is just jimmy wearing a dress

Not all transgender bother with the surgical change

16. Blue_Marlin

If you are a transgender @Muunkee i do believe you have to go from a male to a female or a female to a male surgically. In fact on your drivers license you cannot change the sex from F to M or M to F without actually being a full transgender. So how about instead of "What you look like" I think whatever it says on your United States drivers license is the bathroom you should go into. Now I know some people may say "what if I dont have a license, or are we going to check everyones ID"? No, use the restroom that you want and if you get caught in the bathroom opposite from what your drivers license or ID says then you go to jail.

17. Deinen

Deinen S'all Good Man

@Blue_marlin98

Do you know anyone who knows anyone who has been in the scenario you're describing in justification of bathroom laws?

Pmx728 likes this.
  18. Natsu

Natsu Celebrity Meeper

This is so dumb

Like I said before

Transgender people are self identifying as their opposite gender
    @Blue_marlin98 what you are talking about are people who actually don't self identify but say they do. They are in the weirdo category, they are perverts and illegal.

You are using a public bathroom. You have no say in who goes where, it's not yours.

If you want to decide, then open up a private bathroom facility with strict rules so people feel "comfortable"

If you don't want to do that then shut up and use your bathroom lol it's none of anyone's business

SuperDyl and Muunkee like this.
  19. Blue_Marlin

@Natsu same goes to you, it is not your choice to allow transgender people or self identified people to use the public restroom. Therefore when they are not allowed to use it, you cannot get mad because its not YOUR restroom.

SuperDyl and Natsu like this.
  20. Natsu

Natsu Celebrity Meeper

LMAO they already are allowed anyway and I am not trying to change anything because you are for once true, it's none of my business.

Muunkee likes this.